By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
M.U.G.E.N said:
I hope they drop the price to around $180 if possible. That would be a very nice and appealing price point. Make a tearaway and KZ special edition bundle while you are at it lol

Wouldn't that just force Nintendo to drop the 3DS down in price again? Nintendo's price cut dramatically effected Vita's perceived value. Vita was seen as inexpensive at one point.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Around the Network
Chark said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
I hope they drop the price to around $180 if possible. That would be a very nice and appealing price point. Make a tearaway and KZ special edition bundle while you are at it lol

Wouldn't that just force Nintendo to drop the 3DS down in price again? Nintendo's price cut dramatically effected Vita's perceived value. Vita was seen as inexpensive at one point.

If they keep fixated on nintendo's price drops they will never do anything :D I think at that price point + PS plus + gaming library by the end of this year = very very appealing to gamers. It will also lead to some insane holiday deals.  

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
Chark said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

If they keep fixated on nintendo's price drops they will never do anything :D I think at that price point + PS plus + gaming library by the end of this year = very very appealing to gamers. It will also lead to some insane holiday deals.  

I'm not saying they are fixating on it, but understand the Vita launched at the 3DS price and got blasted for it. Nintendo was freaking out because of their stocks and shareholders and made a desperate move shortly after seeing their competition was matching their price. Nintendo over shot and the Vita is selling like crap. If Sony matched it again, Nintendo might freak out again. Maybe not, but if the Wii U starts feeling the heat for low sales, and it might, Nintendo is going to freak out if their shareholders start complaining.

A $50 price cut is 20% and the usual norm for a price drop. It would allow Sony to at least still break even while being closer to their underpowered competitors price. If they zig Nintendo will zag. As long as the 3DS is still the more affordable entry point Nintendo will be happy, becuase that is how they price their systems.

Chark said:

I'm not saying they are fixating on it, but understand the Vita launched at the 3DS price and got blasted for it. Nintendo was freaking out because of their stocks and shareholders and made a desperate move shortly after seeing their competition was matching their price. Nintendo over shot and the Vita is selling like crap. If Sony matched it again, Nintendo might freak out again. Maybe not, but if the Wii U starts feeling the heat for low sales, and it might, Nintendo is going to freak out if their shareholders start complaining.

A $50 price cut is 20% and the usual norm for a price drop. It would allow Sony to at least still break even while being closer to their underpowered competitors price. If they zig Nintendo will zag. As long as the 3DS is still the more affordable entry point Nintendo will be happy, becuase that is how they price their systems.

I agree. I think that amount of a price cut + a memory card price drop is needed at least for the system at the moment. Seriously, if they drop the price of memory cards the digital sales will go through the roof. Outside of games with some very nice covers I would buy all my games digital if possible. usually cheaper and much more convenient

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

i think a memory card price is the thing really holding the system, back the most. because a 32gb memory card is half the price of the 3ds system. i know alot of ppl who would buy more games for the vita, if the memory cards were priced alot lower. i also think sony really needs to help fund some games for 3rd parties , like nintendo is doing. also for once , please do some actual advertising for the vita. for me personally i havent seen sony, really push there games since the ps2 hay-day. it seems sony is the only one of the big 3, which doesnt know how to market their games or system correctly when launching them or throughout the system's life. i think sony also needs to get alot of the games currently on psn to work with the vita, because i would love for : sega bass fishing and wolfenstein 3d,virtua fighter 2, and so many more to beable to play them on my vita.
there is so much potential with the vita and it pisses me off so much that sony it seems doesnt either care all that much or doesnt know yet what to do with the system. also please get activison to release a real call of duty for the system, because declassfield was a piss poor attempt . it was like unit 13 with its presentation , but without its great gameplay and online function.
i want so many ppl to buy and play the vita system, but all sony is doing is leaving the system to die a early death, unless it starts doing a direct show ( like nintendo does ) for the vita and only the vita, ppl will lose what ever interest they might have in the system and move on, to the newcomers that are coming out this year and never look back and that would be a very bad thing.

just my 2 cents on the matter

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

Just beat AC3 Liberation. Good ending despite earlier in the game. The graphics are phenomenal but the delivery on the combat and the menu indicators are glitchy, but maybe that is just all Assassins Creed games?

@ Sciscs and DemoniOtaku. Yea, Sly:TiT is looking great. I will definitely make a purchase next month if not on launch day itself. Sly should be great for playtime between classes. As for MGR:R, I'm unsure at this point. I was hyped for it based on the videos, but after playing the demo ... it felt wanting to me. Maybe the demo is a poor representation of the final game, but I wasn't impressed. So I won't pre-order. I'll keep my eye on it though.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

I wonder when Sony will announce a price cut? I'd drop it sometime in March.

God Eater 2 looks like a vast visual improvement on the first game. I hope it gets localised, but I wouldn't be rushing out to buy it. Gods Eater Burst was alright but between it & Monster Hunter Tri I am convinced that this genre isn't for me.

Hearing about Killzone Mercenary is excellent news. I hope it gets given a summer release date or something, idk. I think Tearaway bundled with Vita over the holidays would do pretty well, but a Killzone bundle + price drop would be good before then. Maybe a LEGO + Vita bundle to go alongside Killzone over the holidays so there's a choice between more "core" friendly bundle and more "casual" friendly bundle.

And of course, I want to see more of it.  Although I loved the Gamescom trailer, it showed absolutely fuck all of the game.

Ideally I would like to see a price drop before Soul Sacrifice release

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!