By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577

This thread has made me feel rich. I haven't ever sold a gaming system I've bought. I make an informed choice on the number of games I'm likely to want to buy before I pick up the system, and Vita had reached that threshold by December 2012 (which is when I got it!).

I have to agree with Naruball. If Sony discontinued Vita tomorrow I wouldn't feel disappointed with my purchase. I've already had tonnes of enjoyment with it as a dual-stick bilinear-filtered PSP, and for LBP, WipEout, PSABR & NLKS. Gravity Rush, Uncharted, Assassin's Creed & Need for Speed are still on my hit list. So anything after this just sweetens the deal. If they discontinued it on 01/01/14 after having pushed out Killzone, Tearaway, Soul Sacrifice & Uncharted, that still wouldn't change the fact that I felt my purchase justified a long time ago.

I'm sorry to hear you guys feel like this, though. And I do understand where you're coming from, to an extent.

Around the Network

Really guys? It is just one slow month. Nothing happens in January. We had an excellent November with PS Plus for Vita and if you look on the PS Blog for December, half those post are for Vita. Next month will be exciting for Vita, just wait for Destination PlayStation.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Don't forget guys that next week we should get Q-Force on Vita ^^

The week after Kat in PSASBR!

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Then Sly and Persona 4 for Europe in the next few weeks.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network

The games I play are the ones in short supply.

I have no interest in PSASBR. I have no interest in Q-Force.

The only games so far that have released that have grabbed my interest were Gravity Rush, Uncharted, Persona 4 & Ragnarok Odyssey. (4) games in almost (12) months, with then next one (Soul Sacrifice) not even having a solid US release date, Tear Away and Killzone probably an easy 6 or so months away and Ys and Tales having zero information in terms of localization.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

To change the topic. Can you tell me what's the difference between:
Dissidia: FINAL FANTASY, Dissidia [012] Duodecim: FINAL FANTASY and Dissidia Prologus: FINAL FANTASY?
Should I buy them all if I want the full experience, or is the Prologus included in one of the other two games? I've heard there were DLCs for these games, is that true?

I'm happy with what Vita gave me, there are still many already released games I haven't bought yet, but I will this year. For me Vita will be the main console for a long time, no matter what happens.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Scisca said:
To change the topic. Can you tell me what's the difference between:
Dissidia: FINAL FANTASY, Dissidia [012] Duodecim: FINAL FANTASY and Dissidia Prologus: FINAL FANTASY?
Should I buy them all if I want the full experience, or is the Prologus included in one of the other two games? I've heard there were DLCs for these games, is that true?

I'm happy with what Vita gave me, there are still many already released games I haven't bought yet, but I will this year. For me Vita will be the main console for a long time, no matter what happens.

Haven't played any of them.  But I have asked this question in the past and been given this answer:

Dissidia is the first game.  Dissidia 012 is the second game, but a prequel to the first.  Dissidia Prologus is a prologue to Dissidia 012 and allows you to unlock Aeris in that game (or something like that).  Dissidia 012 has the whole of campaign from the first game included with it.

So basically, get Dissidia 012.

Scisca said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Sal.Paradise said:

It does seem a bit strange to me how much first party support and press PS3 is getting right ( supposedly) at the end of its life, when there's a new handheld crying out for more stuff. Gravity Rush was initially a PS3 game, but was moved to Vita when Sony saw the potential in it and I'm wondering why they didn't do this to a few more first party games. I think the Vita could benefit a lot more from a Santa Monica developed GoW title than the PS3 could, I think Puppeteer could stand out among the crowd and generate a lot of buzz on a handheld where it won't be able to on home consoles, as couple of examples. 

As for PR, Kyary has a million followers on twitter. That tweet is probably the most effective advertisement for Soul Sac that will ever be released. 

don't get me started on Puppeteer and SCEJ... -_- that game could have been their crown jewel so-to-speak after soul sacrifice for the system..but nah >_> that would take more than two brain cells to figure it out...one too many for the guys in charge over there apparently. They better damn well have some good games lined up to make up for it...and a stupid brain training game is not gonna cut it

I agree here. Puppeteer and GoW: Ascension should be Vita titles. Especially the GoW game, since its multiplayer is 4 or 8 players anyway, just like the Vita seems to be limited to! And Puppeteer looks awesome, but I don't plan to buy it, not on PS3. It just falls into the same category Rayman, LBP and many other games have fallen since I got my Vita - the kind of experience I no longer want on my PS3, but happily enjoy on Vita.

Sony was so stupid allowing Naughty Dog and Santa Monica not to make Vita games... So stupid...

There are so many PS3 games that should have been a Vita game . Some remasters like Killzone HD, Okami HD and the ICO/SoC collection. Besides the visuals, I don't see the point of playing this games again on a home console.

lifoogy.blogspot.com - whoinventedtelevision.blogspot.com

yaminokiva said:
Scisca said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Sal.Paradise said:

It does seem a bit strange to me how much first party support and press PS3 is getting right ( supposedly) at the end of its life, when there's a new handheld crying out for more stuff. Gravity Rush was initially a PS3 game, but was moved to Vita when Sony saw the potential in it and I'm wondering why they didn't do this to a few more first party games. I think the Vita could benefit a lot more from a Santa Monica developed GoW title than the PS3 could, I think Puppeteer could stand out among the crowd and generate a lot of buzz on a handheld where it won't be able to on home consoles, as couple of examples.

As for PR, Kyary has a million followers on twitter. That tweet is probably the most effective advertisement for Soul Sac that will ever be released.

don't get me started on Puppeteer and SCEJ... -_- that game could have been their crown jewel so-to-speak after soul sacrifice for the system..but nah >_> that would take more than two brain cells to figure it out...one too many for the guys in charge over there apparently. They better damn well have some good games lined up to make up for it...and a stupid brain training game is not gonna cut it

I agree here. Puppeteer and GoW: Ascension should be Vita titles. Especially the GoW game, since its multiplayer is 4 or 8 players anyway, just like the Vita seems to be limited to! And Puppeteer looks awesome, but I don't plan to buy it, not on PS3. It just falls into the same category Rayman, LBP and many other games have fallen since I got my Vita - the kind of experience I no longer want on my PS3, but happily enjoy on Vita.

Sony was so stupid allowing Naughty Dog and Santa Monica not to make Vita games... So stupid...

There are so many PS3 games that should have been a Vita game . Some remasters like Killzone HD, Okami HD and the ICO/SoC collection. Besides the visuals, I don't see the point of playing this games again on a home console.

Aslo LBPK,Puppeter and more games... Well done Sony, well done.