By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
ViSeNSio said:
RafaelOrix said:
ViSeNSio said:

Muchas gracias!

I think that we won't see  many  ps vita games at Destination Playstation. Ps4 rumors sound very strong and probrably more than half of the event will be for ps4 or Orbis...

We and Vita need a miracle

;)

Thats the thing, almost sure they are not announcing PS4 there (it will be a exclusive event like PS Vita's Playstation Meeting). That's why I think we are going to see lots of gameplay for PS3 and PS Vita games we already know and some announcements for PS Vita.

I hope so. But last orbis rumors say that sony will show orbison weeks. That news was announced one or two weeks ago...

I want to see a lot of games for Vita, it need it.

This is wht makes me think we are going to see new Vita titles on Playstation Destination: http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/01/13/sony-exec-hints-at-a-ps4-reveal-announcement-in-may/

PS Vita sure needs a lot of new titles, but I guess we will mostly see already announced titles there and 2 new games (nothing major at all).

Around the Network
FaintZ said:
I don´t know which FF to buy, considering I´ve never played a Final Fantasy before ...

Honestly?  I recommend starting with FF Origins. Final Fantasy 1 is a great if simple game that can be beaten in a weekend if you're vigilant, and it won't ruin the other Final Fantasy games for you.  I'd say go for Final Fantasy IV, but it's 20 bucks.  I agree with pretty much everyone else though:  do not start with 7. So many people start with 7 and EVERY final fantasy since 7 has gotten loads of hate simply for not being 7, even though all of them (save 13) have been truly fantastic games in their own right.  

But yeah, 6 is my favorite, 7 is my second favorite (of the ones you can get on PSN), 8 and 9 are both good but if you have to get one of the two, go for 9, as it's the most 'old school' style and the easiest to pick up of the PS1 games.  it's also the highest rated of ALL the FF games on Gamerankings.  

But yeah, origins is a great option, since starting at the beginning when it was simpler is good.  3 is okay b ut I wouldn't recommend it.  4 and 6 are both masterpieces in storytelling and characters, 5 is also a great game, and all three of the PS1 games are outstanding in their own right.  The only thing I will say straight up: don't start with 7.  

In fact, my recommendation:  start with 1 and 9, then work your way inward, culminating with 6 and 7.  (1-5 are all much shorter than 7-9).  That way you get the beginning, you get the latest on PSN which is FILLED with references, then you slowly unfurl the other games as you go, seeing the variety and quality in each and every title.  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

RafaelOrix said:
ViSeNSio said:
RafaelOrix said:
ViSeNSio said:

Muchas gracias!

I think that we won't see  many  ps vita games at Destination Playstation. Ps4 rumors sound very strong and probrably more than half of the event will be for ps4 or Orbis...

;)

Thats the thing, almost sure they are not announcing PS4 there (it will be a exclusive event like PS Vita's Playstation Meeting). That's why I think we are going to see lots of gameplay for PS3 and PS Vita games we already know and some announcements for PS Vita.

I hope so. But last orbis rumors say that sony will show orbison weeks. That news was announced one or two weeks ago...

This is wht makes me think we are going to see new Vita titles on Playstation Destination: http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/01/13/sony-exec-hints-at-a-ps4-reveal-announcement-in-may/

PS Vita sure needs a lot of new titles, but I guess we will mostly see already announced titles there and 2 new games (nothing major at all).

oh thanks!

I haven't see that news before. Now I think Sony will show already anounced games like killzone, soul sacrifice or teraway. I would like to see The Phantom Pain and something new for Vita.

When destination PlayStation is?

Runa216 said:
FaintZ said:
I don´t know which FF to buy, considering I´ve never played a Final Fantasy before ...

Honestly?  I recommend starting with FF Origins. Final Fantasy 1 is a great if simple game that can be beaten in a weekend if you're vigilant, and it won't ruin the other Final Fantasy games for you.  I'd say go for Final Fantasy IV, but it's 20 bucks.  I agree with pretty much everyone else though:  do not start with 7. So many people start with 7 and EVERY final fantasy since 7 has gotten loads of hate simply for not being 7, even though all of them (save 13) have been truly fantastic games in their own right.  

But yeah, 6 is my favorite, 7 is my second favorite (of the ones you can get on PSN), 8 and 9 are both good but if you have to get one of the two, go for 9, as it's the most 'old school' style and the easiest to pick up of the PS1 games.  it's also the highest rated of ALL the FF games on Gamerankings.  

But yeah, origins is a great option, since starting at the beginning when it was simpler is good.  3 is okay b ut I wouldn't recommend it.  4 and 6 are both masterpieces in storytelling and characters, 5 is also a great game, and all three of the PS1 games are outstanding in their own right.  The only thing I will say straight up: don't start with 7.  

In fact, my recommendation:  start with 1 and 9, then work your way inward, culminating with 6 and 7.  (1-5 are all much shorter than 7-9).  That way you get the beginning, you get the latest on PSN which is FILLED with references, then you slowly unfurl the other games as you go, seeing the variety and quality in each and every title.  

Sounds like a great guide to the series. I'm gonna follow it, even though I have played some FF :) My first FF was FFX, is that a bad or good start in your book? :) I absolutely loved the game and will be getting the Vita remake.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

ViSeNSio said:
RafaelOrix said:
ViSeNSio said:
RafaelOrix said:
ViSeNSio said:

Muchas gracias!

;)

oh thanks!

I haven't see that news before. Now I think Sony will show already anounced games like killzone, soul sacrifice or teraway. I would like to see The Phantom Pain and something new for Vita.

When destination PlayStation is?

Its this february (12? something like that).

Around the Network
Scisca said:
Runa216 said:
FaintZ said:

Sounds like a great guide to the series. I'm gonna follow it, even though I have played some FF :) My first FF was FFX, is that a bad or good start in your book? :) I absolutely loved the game and will be getting the Vita remake.

A lot of people think that Final Fantasy 9 was the last true final fantasy, and the fact that there were huge changes when 10 came around would attest to that, but 10 shares my #2 slot with 7 in my opinion.  6 is my favorite, andI can't decide between 7, 10, and 12 as my second favorite FF game, so you did well but it's not very indicative of what other Final Fantasy games are.  It's very different.  

The biggest changes to 10 were that they dropped the ATB system (where if you took too long deciding what moves to do, the enemies would just keep attacking), the fact that you had all 6 players on your team in most battles and could switch out at will (a feature I love but was only  featured in 10 and 12), and the lack of a world map.  not sure if you know this, but all other FF games up to 9 had cities and locaitons, as well as a massive overworld map you could explore and do side quests on.  It was kind of awesome and the one thing that I think Final Fantasy needs to regain prominence as the eminent leader of the JRPG genre. 

But yeah.  10 is fantastic, but probably one of the least 'final fantasy' like final fantasies, so it's not a good one to start with, I don't think.  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

http://www.examiner.com/article/capcom-explains-why-resident-evil-revelations-isn-t-coming-to-ps-vita

The reason why we wont have RER on Vita...

No comment

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Teflon02 said:
Taco, you wanna watch the Persona 4 anime dubbed? if so I know a site that downloads it directly to your Vita approx. 100mb per ep. The site is AnimeRatio . com, use the mirrors only with a name like upload, yourupload, uload etc. That is the best quality for a small size and does work. One thing tho when dl it sometimes says cannot download, just resume it to make it continue. I watched 16 eps of it directly on my vita and it looks beautiful.
- The Persona Girl I'd do question, Chie hands down, she's different and no typical girl by any means, wears green alot, energetic and really a sweet girlfriend from what the game makes me understand, and she's the most level headed, I'd also like Rise cause she's energetic and fun, and really that type of person who can generate enough energy for the whole group. Yukiko nope, I just think she's to weird, she's a dumb smart girl, as in she's dumb when it doesn't involve school. She's the type of person that youd be like wtf is up with her. Thing about Naoto, I new it was a girl from the get go, and just the other day when i showed my friend the game I didn't tell him it was a girl, he knew and was like if i play that I'd want her as my girl cuz she looks like a bad ass cop or detective. He was dead on the money lol.
- One Piece lol smh, I swear I'm not suppose to like One Piece, I tried watching the show plenty of times and hated it, I was going to buy the PS3 game but it went DL only and now I said I'd get this on my vita, but no vita release lol BOSS
- I hate that NA doesn't get SE sales, EU had 2 since vita released, we got none.
- Still no Ratchet & Clank release date for Vita, and I'm dying for that. I swear Sony is just aiming to displease me intentionally cause really, no Crash on my vita, Crackle and Crunchy that I've been waiting for, no show. Ratchet is one of my fav series and I really want ratchet on vita but no show, next I'll hear Gravity Rush 2 will be a PS3 and vita game and vita will release in 2 months and when time comes, umm we'll announce a release date soon. 3 months later they say it will be out in a month lol. smh

Thanks man, I'll check out that site.

Chie seems more like like a sister to me. Rise for sure because I love her energy and style. Plus she's always flirty. I'd have to go with Yukiko for my favorite though, I dunno I’ve always been a fan of black hair and a reserved personality when it comes to my real life girlfriends. And Naoto, when you see her at the bath house you realize her beauty, plus she has the biggest chest out of all of them ;)

ViSeNSio said:

Muchas gracias!

;)

Ps4 is the vita miracle :)

what a load of horseshit PR from capcom right there

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!