By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
DemoniOtaku said:
KylieDog said:
Runa216 said:
KylieDog said:
Doa5+ a massive disappointment, isn't anything extra included at all. If you want the DLC still have to buy it all from PS store where it costs several times what you can buy DOA5 for...

Hope that one tanks.

I hope you tank. 

Stop filling up our thread with persistent negativity.  We made this thread to get away from people like you. well, Mugen did and we all joined.  Regardless! go away and ne'er return! 

It is a Vita thread, for discussing the positive and negative, not a "sun shines out of VIta's asshole" thread.  DOA5+ isn't a good product, it will be three times the cost of the PS3 game by time it releases and carries no additional content.  Late ports should carry a discounted price or come with additional content, DOA5+ does neither.

Street Fighter x Tekken Vita for example came with the DLC characters included, it also unlocked the DLC characters for the PS3 version, in addition to this it included a set of DLC costumes, if you pre-ordered it even more costumes on top the others.

Mortal Kombat Vita included the DLC characters and costumes released on the PS3 version.

SF x TKN it ws just a publicitary trick.. it doesn't have anything that PS3 haven't.. is just that You don't pay to unlocked it.. that game Tanked so hard that for when PSvita version released.. PS3's was under 20$..

and MK it haveextras tower of don't know what.. but is still a Port of the Komplete Edition released some months before on PS3...

And DOA5 will have exclusive customs and  I think that new Trainning options are a great addition.. in a Fighting game You spend almost half of your time training if you're serious.. IS A PORT.. but isn't a So Later Port to be a Komplete edition.. is releasin in less than a Year.. so very lazy isn't.. and like MikeRox said.. Kasumi and Ayane on Your Pocket, Akira "Badass" Yuki and Sarah from VF5, running at 60fps and 20$ less than PS3's version it doesn't sound bad...

But to tell you the truth i wwas hoping a Complete Edition.. but still I'm gonna buy it.. and Don't spend a cent on DLC is the best I can Do...  not wishing the game flop.. because I would love to see another doa and on Vita too..

BTW: a Edit Mode would have been a more than enough extra to this game.. seriously?! Cutomes?! on this times?! TecmoKoei must learn from namcoBandai a lot in that senses...

Actually, The Street Fighter X Tekken thing isn't entirely true. What happened was they were 12 characters the game didn't have ready at launch, but they were built in the code. But if you looked up the info, it has already been proven the content wasn't ready, and when the characters were finally added capcom admitted that they were incomplete on disc and they had the data on there thinking they could just do slight tweaking but ended up using entirely different code added in a later update. Also I don't think it matters if it was on disc or not, the content needed to be on the PS3 version for online play and so on. And the point is the Vita version DOES have quite a bit of extra content.

MK I don't play MK but from what I know, the komplete edition released like a month ahead, but even so the Vita version was announced with the content first. As well as it was priced at the same price and the Vita game had the new exclusive content.

I was also hoping the DoA was adding actual stuff, but I'm not complaining, atleast cross-buy content works. So that's fine to me. The touch screen mode is extremely dumb tho, Anyone who would try that more then once would rather play a iPhone or Android I'm sure. Also I doubt DoA for PS3 will be under $29.99 in march, tho it's possible.

Around the Network

So, with Kat and Emmet coming out very soon, and news of potentially more All-Stars characters...what do you think the final count will be before they cut off support of shift over to an All-Stars 2?

I'm going with 32. Which, by the way, is kind of awesome. It's not the 35 that Brawl has, but god man, 32 characters is NOT bad. that, and I'll saay 24 maps.

The maps in this game are one of the only things that I Truly think are hands-down better than Smash Brothers (and the online play/rankingS).

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

KylieDog said:
outlawauron said:
KylieDog said:
Runa216 said:

Being critical of something is fine, nobody with a brain has a problem with that. 

Actively wanting something to fail that people worked hard on makes you a terrible person.  There's nothing more to say on the issue. 

They didn't really work that hard on it when it does nothing new...

I want lazy ports to fail and ports that either enhance the original or offer a lower price to succeed, nothing wrong with this.

But there is new content......

What, a new tutorial?  That the only new thing listed in the blog post, probably just explains touch screen gimmicks Vita adds, gimmicks are not content.  DLC is cross-buy, it is not included. 

I'm not sure if it's the same thing, but they added a different way to fight where you hold the Vita vertically. While you probably think it's a gimmick, it's still a new way to play the game, most would consider that new content.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

KylieDog said:

...stuff...

The point is that the only thing that leaves your fingertips are complaints and ill will.  Nobody wants that shit around.  

If this was real life and not some internet message board, you'd be Karen.  the one nobody wants to be around becuase you're a whiny spoiled brat and do nothing but bring everyone down.  Seriously, wishing for a game to do poorly just becuase they DARED not give you free shit is just terrible, when you consider there are people being paid by the company and whos jobs rely on games doing well.  

And in this gaming environment, with dev studios being shut down at an alarming rate, your attitude comes across as entitled, spoiled, whiny, and childish.  

I hate Final Fantasy XIII with a flaming, fiery passion, but I've never once wished it did poorly so the devs would be jobless.  I just want them to learn from their mistakes and put out a good game.  

When you get down to it, your aggressive pessimism makes you a terrible person.  You may not be kicking puppies or setting kittens on fire or eating babies, but you're still terrible. 

Go away.  Unless you can be less spiteful and hateful, you have no place in this thread.  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Teflon02 said:

Actually, The Street Fighter X Tekken thing isn't entirely true. What happened was they were 12 characters the game didn't have ready at launch, but they were built in the code. But if you looked up the info, it has already been proven the content wasn't ready, and when the characters were finally added capcom admitted that they were incomplete on disc and they had the data on there thinking they could just do slight tweaking but ended up using entirely different code added in a later update. Also I don't think it matters if it was on disc or not, the content needed to be on the PS3 version for online play and so on. And the point is the Vita version DOES have quite a bit of extra content.

MK I don't play MK but from what I know, the komplete edition released like a month ahead, but even so the Vita version was announced with the content first. As well as it was priced at the same price and the Vita game had the new exclusive content.

I was also hoping the DoA was adding actual stuff, but I'm not complaining, atleast cross-buy content works. So that's fine to me. The touch screen mode is extremely dumb tho, Anyone who would try that more then once would rather play a iPhone or Android I'm sure. Also I doubt DoA for PS3 will be under $29.99 in march, tho it's possible.

Actually the characters where playable on x360 version via Modded consoles and games.. There were plenty  of videos of most of the characters.. the only true additions are Elenea, lars, Alisa and one more I don't remember.. Still is great to have extra contents but it wasn't as new as they try to say..

Is Obvious that MK Vita is a port from komplete Edition... plus the extra tower... DOA5 on PS3 is selling well.. so for March at 30 would be a surprise.. but 40$ is more possible...

Well.. last year was a great one for fighting games fans like my self.. so I couldn't buy all.. so playing this on Vita is a great addition.. I like Fighting gameson portable.. for training sessions or littler distraction... with only being portable is a good adition for me... and 40$ is a great price for that game.. lately I read a lot of "too much money" or "isn't worth my money" I think that buying a game is something very personal.. I wouldn't spend 60$ on a COD on day one.. not even 20$ some months later.. but I don't go there hoping to the game going flop or complaining about it...

So I think @kylieDog have valid reasons to complain about the port of DOA+ but I don't see good that he's waiting to the game bomb on the release...not for the  developers and their families.. For ME.. I want more games on Vita and PS3.. I WANT MORE Boobs!

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

Around the Network

DemoniOtaku said:

I WANT MORE Boobs!

OFFICIAL VITA THREAD FINDS ITS OFFICIAL SLOGAN 

Runa216 said:
So, with Kat and Emmet coming out very soon, and news of potentially more All-Stars characters...what do you think the final count will be before they cut off support of shift over to an All-Stars 2?

I'm going with 32. Which, by the way, is kind of awesome. It's not the 35 that Brawl has, but god man, 32 characters is NOT bad. that, and I'll saay 24 maps.

The maps in this game are one of the only things that I Truly think are hands-down better than Smash Brothers (and the online play/rankingS).

I only want 3 dlc releases

6 characters and 3 new stages

save everything else for Battle Royale PS4

KylieDog said:
naruball said:

stuff

Like I said in my previous post, I do agree with most of the things you mention. That is not the point. You can be 100% right and still be wrong.

Let me give you an example. I have about 200 friends on facebook. One of my friends is great girl and reall cool in person. On facebook, though, she keeps posting about Obama and how many mistakes he's made, his lies and other stuff. I personally support Obama, but I'm aware that she's right in many of the points she makes. However, it gets extremely annoying seeing this negativity all the time. Is she right? Sure/maybe/debatable. Does it matter? Not really. At the end of the day, if some of her post were neutral, or positive about anything, it would be fine. But since most of them point out everything that it's wrong with this world (not just politics related topics), I couldn't take it anymore and adjusted my settings, so that I don't get any updates from her.

Again, was she right that some men don't treat women right? Sure. Was she right about some things about Obama? Sure. Do I care at this point? Not really.

It's similar to the attitude that two ms fans on vgc have. Do they use facts (vita selling bad, ps3 not being profitable overall etc)? Yes. But it gets beyond annoying seeing them shitting on every ps related thread. I would advise you to keep some of your negative thoughts to yourself and try to adopt a more positive attitude. Not delusional attitude, just not constantly negative.

@Runa

That's a bit harsh, man.

Just wondering. Does anyone think that it'd a good idea to force developers who release games on psn to make a vita port as well? There are just so many small digital only games, such as black knight sword, that would work perfectly on the vita.

I can see such strategy backfiring, but it could actually help the vita and even the developers a lot!

Thoughts?

damn guys chill out. Come on Runa you too man

let's everyone take a few chill pills :D

so you guys think we will get a new XSeed games announcement for vita before this month ends? I sure hope so and for the sake of you RPG nuts I hope it's Ys too :P

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!