By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
forevercloud3000 said:
I really want Zero Escape, loved the demo. Yet.... I have chosen to truely speak with my money for now on. Boycotting Portable games starting at $50 and I refuse t pay full $40 for a game that is mostly text, uses 1st person to mask the fact the rooms are simple boxes, and numerous other short cuts that prove to me it is not worth that much. It truly is a fun and inventive game.....just not worth that price. I will run and get it immediately once it hits 20, maaaaaaayybe at 30. I am doing the same thing with Smart As, drop the price and they are as good as mine.

I agree 100%. I loved 999 on my DSi, but this game is not worth the full price, sorry. To me it's a 13-15 Euro game. I can pay the full price for an Uncharted, Assassin's Creed, Killzone, MGS or GTA game on Vita, cause I see the costs the developer had to take to make the game what it is. But this games looks extra cheap to make. The whole idea is taken from 999 anyway, so it's not like they had to invent something new. Even the characters look a lot like the guys from 999. They just made a few new puzzles, put it all into a very simple 3D environment and now want to charge $50? Not a chance. Like I said, to me it's a 13-15 Euro game. We get Rayman at this price and I would get ZE at this price as well. I'm talking digitally ofcourse, since the developers get more money when they sale at the same price digitally than when they do that in retail.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network
Naninho said:
Aerys said:

ITS AN EMERGENCY !! PLEASE LISTEN !

http://www.gameblog.fr/blogs/kaminos/p_79084_zero-escape-interview-d-uchikoshi

Its an interview of the director of Zero Escape, he says that the game wont have a sequel on console if sales dont increase, if it doesnt get better, he also talks about making the next game only for Iphone and ipad with less characters, less puzzles and smaller levels !!!!

All Vita owners have to buy Zero Escape, its absolutely one of the best game of the console and one of the best game of the year !
And all the Zero Escape lovers have to convince their friend to buy it, if you want a good sequel on console !!!

Shit. Virtue's Last Reward was great, but I knew it was selling like crap. I bought it on PS Store and convinced my brother (almost at gunpoint) to do the same. Still, it wasn't even in the top 10 most downloaded titles of october. This promotion wasn't a good sign either...

There are only a few more Vitas in my city and the owners don't understand English :S

I tried to convince people on the Internet before, but most Vita owners are graphic whores and won't buy a 3DS port.

Is NOT a Port from 3DS.. is a Multiplatform game it released at the same tim for the two consoles...

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

Dunno if anyone's posted, but Super Icon currently have 4 games in development, appears 2 of them are for PSMobile and 2 are for Vita exclusively.

Life of Pixel looks incredible and is a 2D platformer set within 80s game platforms. This is a PSM title

http://www.supericon.co.uk/portfolio/life-of-pixel/

Mega Blast is a score attach arcade shoot em up, also for PSM.

http://www.supericon.co.uk/portfolio/megablast/

Pub Games is a collection of various games such as Air Hockey, Pool etc. This is a Vita specific title.

http://www.supericon.co.uk/portfolio/pub-games/

VTrax looks similar to Mod Nation Racers, but set as a futuristic arcade neon racer. Again a Vita specific title.

http://www.supericon.co.uk/our-games/#!prettyPhoto

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Naninho said:
forevercloud3000 said:
I really want Zero Escape, loved the demo. Yet.... I have chosen to truely speak with my money for now on. Boycotting Portable games starting at $50 and I refuse t pay full $40 for a game that is mostly text, uses 1st person to mask the fact the rooms are simple boxes, and numerous other short cuts that prove to me it is not worth that much. It truly is a fun and inventive game.....just not worth that price. I will run and get it immediately once it hits 20, maaaaaaayybe at 30. I am doing the same thing with Smart As, drop the price and they are as good as mine.

That makes sense, but can't really compare those cases. You should also look who the publisher is.

I didn't buy Smart As because is overpriced by SONY (they could easily drop the price and nothing changes for them).

But AKSYS is a small company with a much narrower audience and need to charge those prices. They take real risks with every title they localize and we have to support them in order to keep getting unique Japanese games. Spike-Chunsoft isn't exactly big either. Also, I don't think that games with lots of text like Virtue's Last Reward are so easy to localize...

For $34.99, I think is worth it. Maybe not in relation to its production values, but I enjoyed this more than Golden Abyss.

And not all games to be fun must have some smashing buton mechanic... I loved the demo and I'm gonna gat it.. soon or later when have money but really is no my priority rigth now...

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

Zero Escape is priced as most vita games here, so my only problem is I need money.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
forevercloud3000 said:

I mostly agree.  Some games just aren't worth the 40-50 dollar asking price.  I got Corpse Party last year for review, and was bored as hell with it.  Great story, some decent puzzles, but it really wasn't a game as much as an interactive manga.  True shame, too. 

OMG, I thought the same exact way about corpse party. Its a really neat idea, just done with middling assets and not worth full price. The fact it also had only Japanese dub (which I feel detracts from the fact its a horror game) really bothered me. Zero Escape has very little spoken dialogue too, yet another reason its not worth 40. I am just sick and tired of being gauged with game prices because they feel they can. This is why smartphone games are so successful, they are priced directly with value with still a little room for profit. Oh, and Uncharted got lucky with me. I was totally going to boycott it till the price dropped but I was feeling so uplifted because I just got my Vita that I caved :P. It will never happen again tho and it's inevitable sequal better be $40 from jump.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Naninho said:
forevercloud3000 said:

That makes sense, but can't really compare those cases. You should also look who the publisher is.

I didn't buy Smart As because is overpriced by SONY (they could easily drop the price and nothing changes for them).

But AKSYS is a small company with a much narrower audience and need to charge those prices. They take real risks with every title they localize and we have to support them in order to keep getting unique Japanese games. Spike-Chunsoft isn't exactly big either. Also, I don't think that games with lots of text like Virtue's Last Reward are so easy to localize...

For $34.99, I think is worth it. Maybe not in relation to its production values, but I enjoyed this more than Golden Abyss.

I understand they are a small company and need to make maximum profit on their releases in order for it to be feasible. I still think it is over priced tho for what it is. I also really don't know why it is so hard to get a good translation (for text I mean). It is as simple as hiring 2-3(to account for different possible interpretations) Japanese speaking americans/europeans, send them the dialogue within the context they are written, bam, translation done. 3 people working for what? a month tops doing that can't cost much. You can find people who can translate a manga to the highest quality off the internet within days.

I also have a problem with games that are finite and cost that much, maybe that is why it bothers me to pay so much for a game like that. Arguably, I did pay for Uncharted and AC:L at full price too, yet these are also series I know I will like and I researched their replay value before hand. Zero Escape looks to be good for maybe a playthrough and a half.

Nevertheless, I will make them a deal. If/When I platinum AC:L, I will sell it towards that game so I won't feel like so much is coming out of my pocket, that is if they haven't dropped that price by then already.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

DemoniOtaku said:
Naninho said:
Aerys said:

ITS AN EMERGENCY !! PLEASE LISTEN !

http://www.gameblog.fr/blogs/kaminos/p_79084_zero-escape-interview-d-uchikoshi

Its an interview of the director of Zero Escape, he says that the game wont have a sequel on console if sales dont increase, if it doesnt get better, he also talks about making the next game only for Iphone and ipad with less characters, less puzzles and smaller levels !!!!

All Vita owners have to buy Zero Escape, its absolutely one of the best game of the console and one of the best game of the year !
And all the Zero Escape lovers have to convince their friend to buy it, if you want a good sequel on console !!!

Shit. Virtue's Last Reward was great, but I knew it was selling like crap. I bought it on PS Store and convinced my brother (almost at gunpoint) to do the same. Still, it wasn't even in the top 10 most downloaded titles of october. This promotion wasn't a good sign either...

There are only a few more Vitas in my city and the owners don't understand English :S

I tried to convince people on the Internet before, but most Vita owners are graphic whores and won't buy a 3DS port.

Is NOT a Port from 3DS.. is a Multiplatform game it released at the same tim for the two consoles...

Indeed, and in the interview, he talks about the two versions saying theyre equal, for him, 3DS has double screen which can be more useful and 3D and Vita has a  large screen, better visual quality text, better graphics and better quality song. ( his words )

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Ok guys, we may add a "1" to the number of Rayman Origins Vita sales, as I've just bought Rayman in the PS Store ;) Hope it's gonna be as great as people say it is.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

100 001 sales, thanks to you, enjoy your game :D

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m