By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577

I'm surprised how much VitaChamber is catching up. This is almost a two horse race :D

Around the Network
Dgc1808 said:
Is Lady Gaga still the most googled thing ever?

LadyVitaGaga.com - We'll have the most popular site ever.

Change it to SwiftVitaGaga and your popularity will soar even higher.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

ils411 said:
ikol said:
I never understood that line of logic. I've played plenty of portable games that I put more hours in than a console game. So what about them makes them only worth half price or less?

The logic here is that it cost less to produce a handheld game as oppose to a home console. with the smaller screens, models doesn't hace to have a lot of polygons which means less work for the graphic artists. Less polygons would also mean that less optimization will have to be done which translates to less work for programers. less manhours = lower development costs. 

Lets take some psn as examples. Mutant blob attacks = cartoony graphics = not much man hours needed = less cost = lower development cost. Another example would Dead or Alive dimensions for the 3Ds, it looks great but its very obvious that the models has significantly less polygons as compared to its home console counter part = less man hours needed from the graphic artis = less man hours needed from programers = lower development costs.

If you really want a bunch of examples, just look at the ds' game library, many of its games uses sprites = a whole lot less manhours needed from graphic artists as oppose to 3d models = less manhours from programers = lower development cost.

Sooooo....lower development cost = should be cheaper. I know that $35-$40 is cheapper as compared to the PS3s $50-$60 range, but still, how does Soney expect to compete with tablets and smart phones when pricing is so high? Sure, PS mobile is their answer to that but I'm sceptical that games will be of very good quality. It'll probably be the new minis, which are ok but really looks ugly.

Lower price = more people can afford it = less chance of piracy = more money in Sony's pockets. Honestly, I really wonder why they cant see this.

Have you seen the number of people involved in LBP PS Vita? This game must have had a larger budget than a lot of PS3 titles. I understand the sentiment, however if you are getting full blown console experience (infact, better) you're going to have to stump up the money for it.

A lot of games such as New Little Kings Story have more to them than the full price retail Wii version had a couple of years ago. It doesn't surprise me that these games are full price really, and at least in the case of Little Big Planet, totally worth the entry price.

I think the costs involved in making some of these Vita titles are higher than you first realise. However it would be great to get more simpler cheaper games too and I think games such as Resistance do need a rethink on their price point. I remember at launch there were all these different pricing tiers for games, but lately they all seem to have gravitated towards the top end.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Has the EU PSN Store update happened yet? I was really hoping that Silent Hill demo would be floating about by now.

Edit: seen on the PlayStation blog we're definitely getting the Silent Hill Demo. Also getting FIFA 13 full game #39.99 (Friday UK) and New Little Kings Story #34.99(Friday again in UK) and Table Air Hockey #1.59.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/09/26/heads-up-game-store-update-26th-september-2012/#more-86444

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

I don't think that PSN store update happened. At least it didn't happen in my country. Last week it was also quite late.

btw.

Guys with Uncharted GA please, please, please share bounties with me over Near. This trophies are so annoying...

Around the Network
Pimp3k said:

Guys with Uncharted GA please, please, please share bounties with me over Near. This trophies are so annoying...

Does it actually work? I've never picked up a bounty :(

As for naming of the site, this will go on forever! Last poll we had two favorites but since it was close we added others. This round we have three favorites yet again seem to be wanting to add another. I think we should lock this current poll as the semi final round and the winning name from that we should have go against a wildcard submission just incase a new great name pops up; probably GrabAVita. That's it! No more name discussion and we can move on to sight design.

EDIT: Oh no! Someone took EatAVita too literally http://www.flickr.com/photos/joeycorbin/6926629378/

"Do you live in Europe and have a little of time on your hands? Are you interest in working on LittleBigPlanet? Would you like to join us here in Sweden for a month?
If your answer to all of those questions is yes, then you will want to read on.
Together with PlayStation we are looking for an amazing LittleBigPlanet creator who wants to get a glimpse of the world of games development. How do you apply?
It’s really easy! Just build a mini-game in LittleBigPlanet PS Vita and submit your level on this site.
A group of judges will play through all submitted levels and send the best ones over to us. We will then decide who the lucky winner is. Should that be you then you will be flown over to Sweden, and we will work together with you on your mini-game to turn it into a fully-fledged piece of official DLC.
But hurry, you only have until October 10 to submit your level."

http://tarsier.se/littlebigplanetvita/become-a-littlebigplanet-intern

EDIT: Oh no! Someone took EatAVita too literally http://www.flickr.com/photos/joeycorbin/6926629378/

Crap see what you guys started! I'm calling for a full abort on that name ;)

The European Store is updated. Downloading Silent Hill demo :)

ivanpgcs said:
The European Store is updated. Downloading Silent Hill demo :)

Me too :)