By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577

I never understood that line of logic. I've played plenty of portable games that I put more hours in than a console game. So what about them makes them only worth half price or less?

Around the Network
Pimp3k said:
ils411 said:
LBPV is $35.99 on PSN?! Damn! how much is it at retail? I heard that there were some good discounted price out there (was it less than $30? cant remember). And I was planning on getting it off of PSN, but at that price, for something that I'm not sure that I'll like, I dont think so.

Much as I'd like to support game developers, at current prices of full games at $35>, I dont think I can afford to. Looks like I'll just buy the games that I really really want new, and then buy games that I can live without but would like to play used.

Seriously, portable games should be less than $30.

LBP V on Croatian PSN is 262Kn (~ 35€). And retail copy on sites I usually buy games is ~37€ on shopto and 46,85€ on zavvi.

262Kn is actually cheap! Usually the ratail copies are ~399Kn (~50€).

Around here, I haven't seen an NA version yet, but the Asian english version is about $33 which is $3 less than what It cost on PSN. I've already seen used copies selling for $26, which is a far cry from $36.

What do you guys think of this: If no suggested name for the site hits 50% of the votes until friday (when we could close this pool), then a new pool with the 2 most voted will be up from saturday until friday. What do you think? Too much?

There will be 4 new characters in Muramasa Vita !!!
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/26/report-muramasa-the-demon-blade-for-vita-has-four-new-characters/

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

ikol said:
I never understood that line of logic. I've played plenty of portable games that I put more hours in than a console game. So what about them makes them only worth half price or less?

The logic here is that it cost less to produce a handheld game as oppose to a home console. with the smaller screens, models doesn't hace to have a lot of polygons which means less work for the graphic artists. Less polygons would also mean that less optimization will have to be done which translates to less work for programers. less manhours = lower development costs. 

Lets take some psn as examples. Mutant blob attacks = cartoony graphics = not much man hours needed = less cost = lower development cost. Another example would Dead or Alive dimensions for the 3Ds, it looks great but its very obvious that the models has significantly less polygons as compared to its home console counter part = less man hours needed from the graphic artis = less man hours needed from programers = lower development costs.

If you really want a bunch of examples, just look at the ds' game library, many of its games uses sprites = a whole lot less manhours needed from graphic artists as oppose to 3d models = less manhours from programers = lower development cost.

Sooooo....lower development cost = should be cheaper. I know that $35-$40 is cheapper as compared to the PS3s $50-$60 range, but still, how does Soney expect to compete with tablets and smart phones when pricing is so high? Sure, PS mobile is their answer to that but I'm sceptical that games will be of very good quality. It'll probably be the new minis, which are ok but really looks ugly.

Lower price = more people can afford it = less chance of piracy = more money in Sony's pockets. Honestly, I really wonder why they cant see this.

Around the Network
RafaelOrix said:
What do you guys think of this: If no suggested name for the site hits 50% of the votes until friday (when we could close this pool), then a new pool with the 2 most voted will be up from saturday until friday. What do you think? Too much?

I like the idea but I think we need a new pool now with the 4 names I mentioned above. Then the two highest from that can go head to head. Our top 3 is pretty much decided right now and we have on new suggestion that works well.

4 ≈ One

Aerys said:
There will be 4 new characters in Muramasa Vita !!!
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/26/report-muramasa-the-demon-blade-for-vita-has-four-new-characters/

I loved this game on the Wii, its the only game that I actually finished on my Wii before selling it. I hope that this gets an english version (NA or Asian, dosen't really matter, but I'd prefer an NA version so I can get it off of PSN...if the price is right of course)

Dgc1808 said:
RafaelOrix said:

I like the idea but I think we need a new pool now with the 4 names I mentioned above. Then the two highest from that can go head to head. Our top 3 is pretty much decided right now and we have on new suggestion that works well.

Nah, too much work for mugen. I'll have to agree with RafaelOrix on this. if the top voted doesn't reach 50%, just take the two most voted and then make a poll for those two

Japan is getting a whole bunch of Vita games that I sooooo wish would get an english/NA release and yet they're not buying it. Sony should just kill off the PSP in Japan as its directly competing with the Vita.

Lower price = more people can afford it = less chance of piracy = more money in Sony's pockets. Honestly, I really wonder why they cant see this.

I heard that in a lot of things ppl feel are over priced but I've never seen it work with lower prices. Lowing the prices on say console games to $40 probably wouldn't increase sales enough to get more ppl than the ones already planning to buy it. Sell those games for $10 and you'll get more sells but is it really going to be 6x the sells. I personally don't think so. I understand your argument on easier to make but I feel saying your game is only worth half bc its on a handheld is a bit much. Piracy isn't going to go away just bc you lower prices. If ppl can get something for free then most ppl will just steal it even if what they stole was only $10.