By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577

I recently started playing again my favorite FF game (it's the "hated" number 8... Sue me but I actually love the junction system). I'm playing my original copy, not the digital one. And the screen changes are annoyingly long. Is it same on digital copy?

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
hehe d2l is definitely on the vita train...I think he even made a thread saying it's his most preferred handheld now or something

now I (and apparently few others here) can mention 1-2 members who pretend to own one just to hate ;P

Its sad we live in a world where that kind of behaviour exists.  Seriously, who would go THAT far out of their way just to hate something?  I mean, I read that being angry can make you smarter, but that doesn't mean hatred makes you happier.  Little bit of Positivity goes a long way.  

Damn Growlanser, though! this game is soooooo long!  Lovin it though. 

hehe true..it's quite sad sad behavior.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Pimp3k said:
I recently started playing again my favorite FF game (it's the "hated" number 8... Sue me but I actually love the junction system). I'm playing my original copy, not the digital one. And the screen changes are annoyingly long. Is it same on digital copy?

I think that may just be your disc, becuase I always found the screen changes to be quite quick in VIII.  Either way, the digital copy runs very smoothely, and on PSP you can 'increase disc speed' to load faster, I think.  takes up a bit more battery life, but helps the game's performance. 

And why would I sue you for that? final Fantasy VIII was a great game.  it had its quirks, but no FF game is without quirks.  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:

And why would I sue you for that? final Fantasy VIII was a great game.  it had its quirks, but no FF game is without quirks.

Out of the 3 PS1 FF games, 8 is by many considered the least loved one. It's my favorite FF games thus far to be honest.

You know what I'd kill to get? an HD remake of Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Version. I'm serious.

I'd Kill.

I'd Kill anyone to get that on my vita.

But seriously, I hope we get the FFX International Sphere Grid version when we do get FFX on the Vita and PS3. It would be a huge wasted opportunity to NOT share that with the world, because it would really give the hardcore people (you know, the people who are going to be the ones re-buying the game) something to do and be genuinely excited for. I mean, I'd pay for a remake of FFX in HD just because I adore that game, but give me the superior version I never had the opportunity to play as a canadian, and that puts it right atop my list of most anticipated.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Pimp3k said:
Runa216 said:

Out of the 3 PS1 FF games, 8 is by many considered the least loved one. It's my favorite FF games thus far to be honest.

I seriously need to play FFVIII again (planning to do so in order (atm finished FF1 ;p).  Only thing I didnt like about it was the battle system, storyline/music/characters were amazing. Maybe it was because I was too young to understand the system, who knows, hoping for the best when I replay the game in the future! I still have my original discs for all my PS1 FF games *_*!

That's very likely.  I remember the first time I played 8 I hated it.  Drawing and junctioning were annoying as hell and seemed like a VERY poor way to manage your stats and spells, but it grew on me as I picked up on its subtle nuances and learned how to REALY customize my characters.  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

BasilZero said:
Runa216 said:
You know what I'd kill to get? an HD remake of Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Version. I'm serious.

I'd Kill.

I'd Kill anyone to get that on my vita.

But seriously, I hope we get the FFX International Sphere Grid version when we do get FFX on the Vita and PS3. It would be a huge wasted opportunity to NOT share that with the world, because it would really give the hardcore people (you know, the people who are going to be the ones re-buying the game) something to do and be genuinely excited for. I mean, I'd pay for a remake of FFX in HD just because I adore that game, but give me the superior version I never had the opportunity to play as a canadian, and that puts it right atop my list of most anticipated.

I hope the remake/HD enhanced port will include the International editions features as well. 

Also YES, FFXII <3 *__*! I would so buy it again especially on a portable!!!!!!

I wonder if SE will take advantage of the Crossbuy feature, they probably wont, but it would be nice getting the ability to play both versions on the PS3 and the Vita.

Well the thing about XII is that, while it was hated a LOT, I thought it was fantastic.  one of its issues was that it was released after the release of the PS3, and while that system had backwards compatibility at the time, they took it away like a year later, which is dumb.  Anyway, its release mixed with the PS3's release meant not enough people got to enjoy it.  

This is as good a time as any to properly release it and upgrade it.  Me, I played through it twice when it released (once to beat it and experience it, a second time to 100% it), but I haven't touched it since despite it being one of my favorite FF games.  well, it's ranked as my #2 alongside VII and X.  Needless to say, I've been ITCHING To play it again, but can't as my PS3 is NOT backwards compatible. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Pimp3k said:
Runa216 said:

Final Fantasy 8 is my favouritest game ever. 

@Mugen, yes we can play online.  If I see you on PSN later tonight I'll send you an invite.

Since there is so much FF 8 love in here what do you guys like so much about it?

Do you think if the new firmware will be available in midnight?

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m