By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
darkknightkryta said:

Metal Gear Solid 2 was ported to PC and Xbox.  Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts, yes.  Devil May Cry didn't move hardware.  Tekken might have.  Devil May Cry and Tekken aren't big franchises anymore.  Square games were exclusive most likely because Sony had to bail them when the movie bankrupted them.  GTA had a time exclusive deal with Sony because Sony paid quite a bit of money for time exclusivity.  Doesn't change the fact that you could have gotten them on PC day and date.  And I don't know of any game other than RE4 that was PS2/GC exclusive, and that's a different story.  The PS2 sold what it did soley due to hype, nothing more.  Doesn't change the fact that the majority of the games could be played on the X-Box.

That is one of the most ignorant comments I've seen in a while. PS2 and Xbox cannot even compare. You like Xbox? Great, but believe me the PS2 did so much right and had a software lineup which is unrivaled. I think it had more exclusive titles, than combined releases on GameCube or Xbox and most of their title were cross format. All systems combined (inc handhelds) this generation can't even come close to touching the quality and sheer diversity of the software lineup on PS2.

You know the funniest thing about my response? I'm actually a Dreamcast fanboy and am still gutted the PS2 crushed it! But facts are facts. The PS2 was untouchable and got almost everything right. Trying to take that away from Sony is just plain denial.

You're right about the North American aspect, but this is the big thing. Xbox has failed to find much success outside the US (barring the UK) and last generation, Eastern games were by far the more influential and popular worldwide. There has been a big transition this generation to western developed games which has given the Xbox 360 a big boost. Microsoft also ensured a lot of exclusivity this time around as well earlier in the 360's lifecycle though which has levelled the playing fields. The interesting aspect again though is, outside North America and the UK, for the most part, the PlayStation 3 is still the more successful system despite all of it's issues.

I understand Sony didn't pay as much for exclusivity last gen as you would think. The userbase they had pretty much secured the exclusivity. That is the main thing they have now lost is this good faith due to a massive userbase. They started to take it for granted, especially with the PS3 and are currently paying the price big time. Unfortunately, that is now extending to Vita which makes me sad because Vita is the best handheld I've ever owned and currently my system of choice.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network
small44 said:
witch bundle do you think it will had the better effect i would say the Fifa one

Fifa on europe of course.. Assasin's creed will sell solid on USA too, but better on Europe for sure... But LBP's and LEGO's will sell better for Christmas holiday... that's if Nintendo don't bundle a 3DS + NSMB2 for holiday, all already know how strong Mario is on those dates!

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

RafaelOrix said:

First screens of MUD - FIM Motocross World Championship

More screens at http://electronictheatre.co.uk/ps-vita-2/ps-vita-images/23716/mud-fim-motocross-world-championship-playstation-vita-screenshots-revealed

It will be released on September 2012.

Doesn't look great, but hopefully the visuals are to ensure a smooth frame rate. I quite enjoyed the demo on PS3 but already having MX vs ATV and Pure etc on the system means it wasn't worth the purchase for me. Vita is a completely different proposition!

This is the same studio making WRC3 which has a Vita port (with no media at this time) too, so this might give us an idea of how that is going to look on Vita too.

DemoniOtaku said:
small44 said:
witch bundle do you think it will had the better effect i would say the Fifa one

Fifa on europe of course.. Assasin's creed will sell solid on USA too, but better on Europe for sure... But LBP's and LEGO's will sell better for Christmas holiday... that's if Nintendo don't bundle a 3DS + NSMB2 for holiday, all already know how strong Mario is on those dates!

Oh man I hope they nail FIFA 13 on Vita. I'm holding out for that as my team got promoted last season (Huddersfield Town) and so in FIFA 13 they will be in the Championship in the game rather than League One. It's been so hard to avoid getting the first one for £16.95, but for the sake of like what? 2 months? I'd rather just get FIFA 13 day of release now. Also will show a little bit more demand for Vita games in the UK (every little helps right?).

"For me as a publisher, we can either whine about lack of sales, or we can go out and publish unique and compelling games for the Vita that drive sales,"

Phil Gaskell from Ripstone.

that guy know what he have to do... Meanwhile Namco-Bandai, CRAPcom, Konami, Square-Enix and others "big-fishs" from the industry are busies making PSP games or Ports to Vita waiting to the system sell better...

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

Around the Network

Pure Chess is pretty cool. Looks gorgeous on the Vita too. Looking forward to more content from Ripstone. Always great to see new companies getting involved.

MikeRox said:

Oh man I hope they nail FIFA 13 on Vita. I'm holding out for that as my team got promoted last season (Huddersfield Town) and so in FIFA 13 they will be in the Championship in the game rather than League One. It's been so hard to avoid getting the first one for £16.95, but for the sake of like what? 2 months? I'd rather just get FIFA 13 day of release now. Also will show a little bit more demand for Vita games in the UK (every little helps right?).

You don't have to worry about that. Everybody I know locally buys games in UK (for the most part). zavvi, base, shopto... :)

Speaking of FIFA, I'm probably one of few Europeans that doesn't like football... I would rather buy Madden or NHL.

Hello, Good News everyone ! :

Like Japan, Europe will have the box version of New Little King Story and this going to be on Vita the 27 September !! :)

I loved the one so much, un chef d'oeuvre like pikmin, i cant wait to buy the sequel !

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/2012/00060893-date-de-sortie-de-new-little-king-s-story.htm

PS : Sorry for my bad english but... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUBdbfGLTEU

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:

Hello, Good News everyone ! :

Like Japan, Europe will have the box version of New Little King Story and this going to be on Vita the 27 September !! :)

I loved the one so much, un chef d'oeuvre like pikmin, i cant wait to buy the sequel !

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/2012/00060893-date-de-sortie-de-new-little-king-s-story.htm

PS : Sorry for my bad english but... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUBdbfGLTEU

Great news! For eurpean people... XD We on this side will have to wait... but nice for You!

I was thinking about tearaway just now. More along the lines of them letting you print out in game assets. I really think this should catch on. What if for every trophy you get, you could print out concept art. Something tangible. I think it would be cool to have something you could show people, like a book of art you've collect from playing video games, you could even print out larger versions to hang on the wall if you really like it. Or even 3d models that you could then print out on your makerbot. http://www.makerbot.com/ for those that don't know what it is. Sony could even produce Playstation branded 3d printers to print out your in game toys. I think it would be totally sweet.