By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
outlawauron said:
darkknightkryta said:
Runa216 said:
Tor was going to take it, but he has two OTHER massive JRPG's to do this month (if I recall correctly, I may not), and he really didn't have time.  Why nobody else wanted to take it, I really don't know.  Far as I can tell, we don't have a lot of JRPG players on the team.  Hell, I'm not that into JRPG's, but here I am, having done disgaea 3 and now Growlanser.  

I'm not a JRPG guy, but I do like good ones.  I didn't like Gungnir at all, though, WAYY too much talking, not nearly enough actual gameplay.  There's a lot of talking in growlanser, but there's a LOT of gameplay, too, and it;s a nice balance. 

I do feel bad, though, as my gaming schedule really doesn't allow for lengthy games like this becuase I usualyl only play for an hour or two a day, tops...I'm only like 10 hours into the game and I still have a lot left.  I'm on mission 10 of 46, if the one FAQ I glanced at is correct.  I really gotta step it up.  Great game, though. 

So Torillian normally takes the JRPGs?

Yes. He's the resident JRPG fan and plays just about every one that releases.

a lot of the more obscure stuffs!  yes, he listens to most. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Wow didnt know Torillian plays the JRPGs o.o, didnt seem like he would whenever I see his posts...or maybe I read the wrong ones X__X.

Speaking of JRPGs, who's expecting some announcements next month at TGS? I'm hoping for a new FF game that will be coming out in Japan AND the US.

Also a reveal of the FFX HD would be nice, anyone know when the Squareenix live event will be? The one that is Final Fantasy Anniversary related I think o.O?

Can you point out anything to support that?

Because I think what follows is most correct.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

BasilZero said:

Speaking of JRPGs, who's expecting some announcements next month at TGS? I'm hoping for a new FF game that will be coming out in Japan AND the US.

Type-0 for Vitaaaaaa.

Seriously, it's a bigger deal for the West than it is for Japan, but I still reckon it might shift some hardware over there.  Same deal with Valkyria Chronicles 3.

Other than that, Sony need to develop their own JRPG for the system imo.  Set a precedent.  Legend of Dragoon 2, something like that.

They should have pushed White Knight Chronicles Origins back to Vita imo.  Same with Patapon 3.  And asked Square to move Dissidia 012 over as well.  Would have been unfair to PSP, sure, but would have made some difference to Vita.

BasilZero said:

Type-0 enhanced port to the Vita would be nice along with a proper global release, but that is thinking too much of it ;p

Sony could bring back or push forth some of those old rpg franchises uhh, Dark Cloud, Arc the Lad, etc o.O? Not so sure about a Legend of Dragoon 2. Imo, make a new RPG series altogether exclusively for the portables.

Even though Squareenix said they wont be making a Dissidia ff game (a new installation), they should remake it for the Vita which includes the full storyline of both games (but with new maps or w/e). Add a few new characters to the mix like Steiner from FFIX *____*

Yeah, there's plenty of JRPG franchises they could revive.  Wild ARMs & Legaia are another two.  But idk, Legend of Dragoon is the one that's begging for another sequel really, especially considering the PSN sales.  A new RPG exclusive would be the best choice of all, indeed, but they'd probably have trouble getting sales given the install base.  An established name would bring more people across.

I don't see why Sony aren't throwing wads of cash at Square Enix for a Vita Type-0 port though.  It'll make a big difference for the west.

They should just be throwing money at any of the publishers with a JRPG IP to make something for the Vita though.  Capcom - Breath of Fire Vita?  Tri-Ace - Star Ocean Vita?  So on.

OR ask someone established, like Square-Enix or Level-5 to make them something brand new.

Kresnik said:
BasilZero said:

Type-0 enhanced port to the Vita would be nice along with a proper global release, but that is thinking too much of it ;p

Sony could bring back or push forth some of those old rpg franchises uhh, Dark Cloud, Arc the Lad, etc o.O? Not so sure about a Legend of Dragoon 2. Imo, make a new RPG series altogether exclusively for the portables.

Even though Squareenix said they wont be making a Dissidia ff game (a new installation), they should remake it for the Vita which includes the full storyline of both games (but with new maps or w/e). Add a few new characters to the mix like Steiner from FFIX *____*

Yeah, there's plenty of JRPG franchises they could revive.  Wild ARMs & Legaia are another two.  But idk, Legend of Dragoon is the one that's begging for another sequel really, especially considering the PSN sales.  A new RPG exclusive would be the best choice of all, indeed, but they'd probably have trouble getting sales given the install base.  An established name would bring more people across.

I don't see why Sony aren't throwing wads of cash at Square Enix for a Vita Type-0 port though.  It'll make a big difference for the west.

They should just be throwing money at any of the publishers with a JRPG IP to make something for the Vita though.  Capcom - Breath of Fire Vita?  Tri-Ace - Star Ocean Vita?  So on.

OR ask someone established, like Square-Enix or Level-5 to make them something brand new.

I don't think Level 5 will do somthing new in awhile after what happened with Time Travlers across all three platforms....

Former something....

Around the Network
Blacksaber said:

I don't think Level 5 will do somthing new in awhile after what happened with Time Travlers across all three platforms....

I'm still hoping they're collaborate with Japan Studio on something in the future.

M.U.G.E.N said:
I think the october date was a placeholder by retailers.

My biggest gripe is with the Ragnarok release. They really should have released it now. New Ip (kinda) would have benefited from less competition. Persona will sell well with some nice legs no matter what since it's persona and people love that franchise. But XSeed missed a trick here with the Ragnarok release

I think that they wanna benefit with the push up from LBP and Assasin's creed... with a bigger user base more sells... being that raganarok Chinese version uses Xseed's translation mean that the game already is ready to release... so the logical reason is that...

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

BasilZero said:

I'll even take a PSN FFType-0 as long as I get to play the game translated, dont care if the voices are japanese, as long as I can understand the menus, the storyline I'll be fine with it xD.

As for the rest of the JRPG series you mentioned:

Breath of Fire - Would be a dream come true but Capcom froze the Breath of Fire IP few years ago T.T
Star Ocean - Would be awesome if they could do a enhanced port of Star Ocean Till the End of Time but I imagine the size of the game would be too intense for the Vita T_T.

Or hey, they could always remake Blue Sphere and release it for the Vita *_*!

I'm desperate to see Type-0 as well actually.  But it's gonna come to the west in some shape or form, I'm sure of it - it's a Final Fantasy game and it's 2012!

About the JRPG series, I was just spitballing things that would make Japanese people buy the Vita.  I think it'll be kinda safe over here in the holidays, it's over there that Sony should be worried about.

Kresnik said:

I'm desperate to see Type-0 as well actually.  But it's gonna come to the west in some shape or form, I'm sure of it - it's a Final Fantasy game and it's 2012!

About the JRPG series, I was just spitballing things that would make Japanese people buy the Vita.  I think it'll be kinda safe over here in the holidays, it's over there that Sony should be worried about.

What about Crisis Core and Birth by Sleep? If SE released enhanced Vita ports with updated graphics and dual analog controls and of course with Trophies. Would you buy it?

Crisis Core was for me the sole reason why I got PSP.

I think that there is a significant market for enhanced ports of some PSP titles. SONY should do something simillar to Collections HD on PS3. After all PSP is to Vita, what PS2 was to PS3.

Pimp3k said:

What about Crisis Core and Birth by Sleep? If SE released enhanced Vita ports with updated graphics and dual analog controls and of course with Trophies. Would you buy it?

Crisis Core was for me the sole reason why I got PSP.

I think that there is a significant market for enhanced ports of some PSP titles. SONY should do something simillar to Collections HD on PS3. After all PSP is to Vita, what PS2 was to PS3.

If that's why Crisis Core & Birth by Sleep aren't on PSN then I'd be so mad... but kinda happy at the same time.

Anyway, I'm the wrong person to ask.  I'm buying a PSP this holiday season because I want to play games like CC & BBS that are on UMD but not on PSN yet.