By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
outlawauron said:
We can only hope that the reported WW sales (2.2 million) is either wrong or misinformed because that's far worse than the already awful sales we've seen so far.

Yep..I think sony have shown some good initiatives starting from gamescom. Now they just need to keep it going.

For the life of me I can't understand why they are not having game heaven event this month :S It would certainly help the momentum

maybe they want to leave it until closer to holidays ...

@ils: thanks a lot for the break down of info...I'm not into too much customizing in games hehe so that sounds more than enough for me. The combat is fast and fun right? That's the biggest draw for me

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
Sal.Paradise said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

Yep it sounds like a fun game! hack and slash is totally my thing lol oh and ils can you customize your character? I wonder if I can make a kratos look alike

oh and another fun fact about cross buy: I doubt anyone brought up that we already HAD a cross buy game from a 3rd party, even before the reveal. Retro City Rampage

I also got Pinball Arcade a few weeks ago which is cross buy between Vita/PS3. I was looking for one pinball game out of the 4 or 5 available, and the crossbuy swayed me to that one. So there you go, it works. 

nonsense this is HORRIBLE news

'insert randon nonsense reason here'

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:

Rofl.  I saw you and Sal take up Kowenicki in that other thread, kudos.

I was going to say something myself, but I've convinced myself not to say anything to him these days if it's about Sony.  Nothing good can come from it, he's convinced he's being fair in his commentary and I doubt he'll ever change :P

Kresnik said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

Rofl.  I saw you and Sal take up Kowenicki in that other thread, kudos.

I was going to say something myself, but I've convinced myself not to say anything to him these days if it's about Sony.  Nothing good can come from it, he's convinced he's being fair in his commentary and I doubt he'll ever change :P

nah I'm sure he knows it...it would be impossible not to.

me and him have had some heated arguments in the past..but I have tried to ignore it recently...but this one was just too much. I wish he would make threads in the MS section instead. God knows that place needs it

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

Runa216 said:
Kresnik said:

These forums are getting kinda tiring. Everywhere I turn (bar here) there's a thread comparing Vita's sales to something else, or just flat-out pointing out that they're terrible.

Or I'll go on someone's profile and their status will be "Nice name for a dead console: Vita".

Some of it is constructive criticism, suggesting what Sony should do to save it, or once in a blue moon you'll get a "but things can turn around" comment.  90% of it is just flat out trolling/repeating the same things though.

But seriously, I do_not_understand why everyone seems to want this console to fail so badly. It's like it pillaged their settlement and raped their families or something. Ugh.

At least this little haven still exists!

it;s not just on this forum, it's everywhere on the internet.  I've noticed over t he last few years that EVERYONE wants Sony to fail.  They wanted the PS3 to fail, they try to spin the PSP as a failure, they want the Vita to fail, and in spite of all the evidence to the contrary, everyone seems to agree that Sony needs to die. 

This is why I like this thread.  It's not all positivity (there is some sadness and doom-speak), but it is pretty balanced and overall positive.  

Vita is probably my favorite system out right now, and it's doing nothing but getting better...and it's only been out 6 months!  Srs. 

This is why my sig says "before PS3 everyone was nice to me". It's in reference to how Sony has lost the favor of the typical gamer. Though I'm not all knowing and can't be for sure exactly what occured over the past few years, here's my take.

PS2 sold like hot cakes, everyone had one and everyone loved PlayStation, especially after two solid console generations. Then the Xbox comes out and in turn so does Halo. Graphics, hardware, and game catalogs aside, Halo was the be all and end all and dramatically altered the composition of gamers. It was the PC of consoles and Halo was the only game that matter. Lan parties. Never before has it been so easy to strap some consoles together and some tvs and play awesome amazing 16 player games before. Businesses sprouted up just to cater to Lan parties. Sure they existed before with PC gaming, I don't even know if PS2 had the capabilities because it wasn't plug and play, but with Xbox it became mainstream. Suddenly the only game that was cool was Halo and everyone had to get an Xbox or share an Xbox to have an awesome time. Kids played it, college students played it, for that generation everyone played it. Then the 360 came out, early, and blew everyone's mind with a taste of something even that kid with the cooled pc rig couldn't do. Sure they broke like crazy, but people were determined, and XBL allowed you to play online matches with ranks and it was amazing. People moved on to 360 quick. Gamers settled in with their new company and younger new gamers didn't even experience PlayStation because they get what's cool during the holiday season (see sales). 

This might sound like I'm blaming Microsoft, but I'm not. I've observed the socio impact of its introduction and not to cross the line outside of moderation to maintain fairness and to avoid flamewars this is what I saw happen. Gamers are attempting mature up and live in a friendly ecosystem now that things are more established, but no matter the attempt people are still slaves to socio pressure and will develop hive mentalities over things that are popular and in this case it seems to have manifested itself in a war with Sony. It shifted public opinion through the medium of the playground, of the friend's house, of the dorm room, and has resulting in the hate and often ignorance that we see against Sony.

Sure there are other legitimate reasons to not like Sony, some use the Geohot lawsuit which is a debatable point, others choose business practices, and yet other choose personal choice in games or hardware. All legit reasons but not the reasons this whole thing started and rarely the reason people use to have this us vs them mentality. People are prone to waving banners, to choosing allegiances. It's human nature. I just wish it would stop sooner than later because it is actually hurting Sony and the industry as a whole.

Other fans are to blame as well, many Sony fans critizied the competition, pointing out flaws or highlighting their own advantages. It's a way to ensure your friends get the same system. A lot of it might have to do with the ever increasing use of the internet to communicate with others. Facebook for example, or even forums like these. Now people talk about their game companies, try to convince others of things even though they don't know them. Everyone has become an advocate of what they like and thusly created the console wars, and despite people's nostalgia over past console rivalries they pale in comparison to today. Never before has their been this many gamers, never before has the industry been so massive, it's like a world war of gaming compared to previous country vs country wars of the past gaming generations.

As much as people find Nintendo fans to be really harsh and very defensive because the Wii gets a lot of flak for its...unique features compared to the other two consoles this gen, they didn't start the ball rolling, simply jumping on board. And jumping on board is exactly what changed the enviroment, a complete mutation of consumer habits have lead to Sony being in the crosshairs for a lot of people. We need a truce and we need it bad. Let's hope the PS4 can make people happy again and we can bury the hatchet on this conflict. All game companies are well established, why is it we are continuing the fight? Must there not be three companies co-existing? Must one die?

DISCLAIMER: All written herein this post shall be regarded as pure opinion and speculation. Any attempt to view it as a form of trolling or an attack specifically targeting someone or something is a fabrication. Those who disagree with statements made are entitled to their opinion and it is welcomed for them to express their own speculations on why or whether there has been an increase of hate towards Sony and PlayStation.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:

me and him have had some heated arguments in the past..but I have tried to ignore it recently...but this one was just too much. I wish he would make threads in the MS section instead. God knows that place needs it

That's my single biggest issue with him.  It's the same problem I have with Sales2099 and a couple of other users on here as well.  They just don't seem to like anything, just dislike everything Sony-related.  

I have actually seen Kowen post a couple of slightly positive Sony things in the past (normally with a 'but!' in there), but his normal posting regime is: Vita is bad, Vita sales are bad, Sony won't turn Vita around, Sony's strategy is bad, Sony's decisions are bad, Sony's finances are bad etc.  Never "Here's a Microsoft game I'm excited about!" or "I like my 360 because".

But oh well.  That's the main reason I come on these forums, to talk about things I'm excited about and looking forward to.  Gotten some nice discussion out of it too.  But I guess it's different for different people.

Kresnik said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

That's my single biggest issue with him.  It's the same problem I have with Sales2099 and a couple of other users on here as well.  They just don't seem to like anything, just dislike everything Sony-related.  

I have actually seen Kowen post a couple of slightly positive Sony things in the past (normally with a 'but!' in there), but his normal posting regime is: Vita is bad, Vita sales are bad, Sony won't turn Vita around, Sony's strategy is bad, Sony's decisions are bad, Sony's finances are bad etc.  Never "Here's a Microsoft game I'm excited about!" or "I like my 360 because".

But oh well.  That's the main reason I come on these forums, to talk about things I'm excited about and looking forward to.  Gotten some nice discussion out of it too.  But I guess it's different for different people.

yeah..people focus on the negatives way way too much. It's the internet..have some fun dammit!

oh and here's information on the NeoCom App For Dust514!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/08/20/dust-514-neocom-vita-app-promises-mmo-on-the-go/

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

New interview video for AC Liberations

In this there's one moment that shows some new gameplay (at least I haven't seen it before) but yea some good info in this one...and dem graphics man

oh and it's confirmed that the 'chain kill' mode is non spammable. It has a regeneration time so you can just keep on doing that

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

I've noticed that everybody keeps on repeating that cross-buy is buy PS3 game, get Vita copy for free, while SONY itself on conference and their blog stated buy one copy, get other one for free. They never said buy PS3 copy, get Vita copy for free.

If this deal will work as one retail copy + PSN coupon for the other one, I see myself buying the Vita copy in retail and DL the PS3 copy. Since like many users I have small memory card in Vita and 1TB drive in PS3.

Pimp3k said:
I've noticed that everybody keeps on repeating that cross-buy is buy PS3 game, get Vita copy for free, while SONY itself on conference and their blog stated buy one copy, get other one for free. They never said buy PS3 copy, get Vita copy for free.

If this deal will work as one retail copy + PSN coupon for the other one, I see myself buying the Vita copy in retail and DL the PS3 copy. Since like many users I have small memory card in Vita and 1TB drive in PS3.

IF it actually does work the other way around, that's HUGE savings for users. Cuz the vita copy is cheaper than the ps3 one. Fingers crossed

oh and PS ALL STARS website has been updated. Now you can make your own Wallpapers! and also the character profiles etc are very nicely done, detailed and clean. Also bunch of new screens that shows improved visuals :D check it out

http://www.playstationallstarsbattleroyale.com/

oh and it seems the previous box art actually was placeholder ;)

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!