By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577

the diversity of those move sets are truly impressive. Dante looks like a beast to play as too

Kratos vs Dante showdowns....'droools'

and none of you said CONGRATS TO ME FOR GRADUATING! Where's the love vgc? Where's the loooove? lol

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

Okay wait a second, I just got my first warning from a mod. All the shit talking on this site about Sony, but i make one little joke about a well know fact that MS can not make a decent piece of hardware, and that's illegal. Really? Sounds like someone is a little but hurt. Hell the sales discussions over the last two weeks have been making fun of the vita right in the tittle. Get real.

Mmmfishtacos said:
Okay wait a second, I just got my first warning from a mod. All the shit talking on this site about Sony, but i make one little joke about a well know fact that MS can not make a decent piece of hardware, and that's illegal. Really? Sounds like someone is a little but hurt. Hell the sales discussions over the last two weeks have been making fun of the vita right in the tittle. Get real.

You're on a forum on the internet...there's always gonna be mods banning or warning for stupid reasons.  I got banned for posting an image macro saying "on the internet you can be anything you chose, so why is it that so many people chose to be stupid."  yeah, stupid reason to ban. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
Mmmfishtacos said:

You're on a forum on the internet...there's always gonna be mods banning or warning for stupid reasons.  I got banned for posting an image macro saying "on the internet you can be anything you chose, so why is it that so many people chose to be stupid."  yeah, stupid reason to ban. 

It's just crazy, why crack down for the rare MS joke on this site, and start giving out warings all over the place for sony? Just dosn't seem right. My only guess is he's an MS fan.

Congrats on your Graduation, dood.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
the diversity of those move sets are truly impressive. Dante looks like a beast to play as too

Kratos vs Dante showdowns....'droools'

and none of you said CONGRATS TO ME FOR GRADUATING! Where's the love vgc? Where's the loooove? lol

GRATS MUGEN *__________*!

And yes Dante VS Kratos, I remember back in 2005-2006 always debating who was a better fighter/action hero between friends since DMC3 and GoW1 came out close to each other.

hehe thanks Basil :D

and just IMAGINE...if Ryu Hayabusa is in fact in this game.....

God of War vs Ninja Gaiden vs Devil May Cry

0_0 such madness!

@Fishtacos: damn sorry to hear that bud..but it's a warning..so don't worry too much about it. But trust me things are much better nowadays...if you had been around during maxwell's mod days it would have been much worse. The most horrible tool of a mod I have ever come across on the internet, by a mile. Huge ninty 'fan' lol...once banned me cuz I said 'haters gonna hate'...no I'm not even exaggarating here.

oh and folks,....I'm about to drop some tearaway goodness on your asses right nao! Got almost all of these from gaf threads tho lol but yeah it makes it easier to summarize

First off.....graphics....including dem water fx!

From the verge preview

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/8/18/3251231/you-can-papercraft-all-of-the-vitas-tearaway-in-the-real-world

Crowle can't seem to stop himself from popping his finger in and out of the papercraft world as we talk. Finally, I ask if I can give it a go.

It's a weird sensation, you know you're just pressing the back of a Vita, but the timing, the detailed animation makes it feel as if you're pressing through the paper of the world.

After noting my finger waggle around in the virtual world I turn to Evans and start to ask "The finger, can you..."

"Yes," he says cutting in. "You can customize the fingers. There are skin tone sliders."

"What about customization? Can you give the phantom finger a gross nail or maybe a ring or fancy nail polish?"

The team hasn't decided, but customization is a very important part of the game.

As players work through the game, they receive papercraft trophies all of which can be customized.

"In a lot of games you have the concept of trophies, in this game you get plans and blueprints," Healey said. "Every asset in the game you can print out and make."

Once crafted, the papercraft can be decorated and customized and then put back into the world with the Vita's camera.

"You can close the loop," Evans said. "You can print it out, customize it with Sharpies and then recapture that as a skin for the game."

The team is also planning to use Tearaway's AI to make certain decorations go viral inside a player's game. So imagine, Evans said, if you decorated a papercraft elk in a certain way, but later ran into a dolphin with the same decoration. He tells you he ran into the elk and liked what he saw so decided to use the same decorations on himself.

"The starting moment for this game was getting very excited about the possibility of the backtouch and pushing a finger into the world," Crowle said. "It's not just touch. It's, 'Get in there.' It's 'Get involved.'"

"It's not very interesting to push your fingers into a world made of stone or metal," he said. "So we started to build a papercraft world, it was starting to take shape."

The team started experimenting with various papercraft in the offices. One web designer got so into it he recreated an entire level of the game in paper.

"It took him a couple of days," Evans said. "He even made a Vita to scale entirely out of paper."

Healey says the rest of the team is taking the papercrafting very seriously. They try to create anything going into the game out of paper first, just to ensure it can be done.

The end result is traditional adventure game built on top of an interesting setting and story with an neat new mechanic, Smith explained.

The game, due out next year, is a multi-hour full-length adventure game.

"It's long," Evans said.

What it isn't is another take on LittleBigPlanet.

"We talked about whether we were going to throw in LittleBigPlanet-like stuff into the game," Evans said. "I'm so glad we didn't ape our own content and fall into that trap.

"Instead we mixed in this twist of the god factor and augmented reality features. We took an action adventure platformer and we Media-Moleculized it."

From Eurogamer

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-08-16-media-molecule-working-on-second-project

"We're working on a second project right now, and that's very much in an R&D phase," confirmed Media Molecule's Mark Healy.

"The focus is Tearaway, but Media Molecule is a lot more than 15 people," added co-founder Alex Evans.

"We call it in a holding pattern," he said on the unannounced project, "because the focus is on Tearaway. I'm not saying that from a press angle - our focus is on Tearaway and making it awesome. The other project is very much in an early stage and is a toy. You don't need to worry about it."

From 1UP

http://www.1up.com/previews/tearaway-offers-message-hope-gamers

Tearaway has the heart of an action-adventure -- it reminded me of The Legend of Zelda, an instinct confirmed when Crowle mentioned Nintendo's series amongst his influences. The main character, the adorable Iota, will embark on quests, interact with a variety of NPCs and, of course, explore locations completely made of paper. The game world looks, in fact, like a gargantuan living papercraft, and everything from the tiny squirrels inhabiting the peaceful meadows to the hostile cyclopic creatures who Iota has to fight are composed of folded little sheets of colored paper.

The brief demo I played at GamesCom came dotted with brilliant ideas capable of bringing the action-adventure genre to a new level, all centered around the fact that Tearaway is a game you can play with quite literally by manipulating the console or touching and feeling the content of the screen. It's something that only Vita can do.

For example, Iota can fight enemies by grabbing and throwing them away, but when the going gets tough you can help him out directly by tapping your finger against the back of the console, causing the ground to shake and bounce the monsters off -- flinging them against the screen (just push them back by tapping on the screen to avoid losing visibility). You can even literally insert your fingers into the levels for a more spectacular and violent approach.

Strangely enough, invading the game like this feels very realistic. The fingers that tear the paper ground can even be customized in size and texture -- though you won't be able to cheat by creating huge ones -- and the rear camera of the console will show the real world through the cracks. The devil is in the details, as they say.

Yes my fellow gamers...be happy, be impressed..and by all means...be hyped!

I think these info are new thread worthy...but I dread my reaction if some moron tries to troll even this!

ps: just saw the comment, thanks DGC! :D

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

"In a lot of games you have the concept of trophies, in this game you get plans and blueprints," Healey said. "Every asset in the game you can print out and make."

Once crafted, the papercraft can be decorated and customized and then put back into the world with the Vita's camera

Head explodes! Hype building.

Congrats on your graduation!

Mugen, make a thread for that info. Awesome stuff.

Congrads Mugen !!!!!!!!!!!

So the highlight of GSC shows it's self again :D

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

ils411 said:

i wish for a god of war 1-3 port for vita so that i can have all 5 gow games on my vita on their own dedicated slide

Well You will need a whole MC for GOW3 only XD

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread