By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
MattyPeq said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
hehe I probably shouldn't get involved in this argument...I heavily disagree with you matty...but you already have two arguing against you so it won't make much sense for me to add to it..but yea for the record I heavily disagree with most of your points

How can I be wrong when I'm speaking only after I read/heard the same things over and over again for six months?

And... if I can add... how can I be wrong when the last system in danger was saved in EU/NA with unique games and in Japan with games that Japanese love? (Price cut, eheh no. We just need games).

Tell me, please. :)

The truth is: in 2012, a console that is seen by most as a mini-home console doesn't work. People don't have much money. They can't afford one big PS3 and one small PS3. That's how it's seen.

it's like this...most of this is just opinion. No one is 'wrong' here per se. With time we will see what happens and what sentiments hold true, and to what degrees. 

and no dude you already have bunch of people arguing against you...u and I can discuss this some other time.

and btw I think so far this discussion has been pretty civil and some good arguments on both sides. So good job everyone. Not everything in this thread has to be positive (well it never was lol) but being able to talk about the ugly side of things in a proper way is a very very nice change. so keep it up

oh and on a random, feel like gloating a bit mode, I had my commencement ceremony today :D I am officially (well have 5 credits left but blah) a double major in Accounting and Management!

and fun fact, when me and my family were on our way for a family dinner, we passed a store called ONLYSONY! LOLOLOL it's like a sign from above or something

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
MattyPeq said:
Runa216 said:

I'd agree with you if not for the fact that you're wrong.  

Yes, the Vita needs VITA games, and it was a major point of contention in my Gungnir review (certain games are fit for short bursts of play while others are meant for lengthy gaming sessions), but if you were paying attention you'd know that they specifically made Assassin's Creed III: Liberation with the Vita in mind. Touch Controls, shorter bite-sized missions, alternate ways to do things, these are all aspects of a game that fit well into a handheld.  Even Uncharted had a LOT of little levels, Little Deviants is perfect for micro-gaming sessions, Resistance had room-based fight scenes, each taking about 10 minutes.  a lot of people ARE making games for the Vita, and a lot of these developers know what works, but that doesn't mean most people agree.  Look at Unit 13, it's a PERFECT vita game, dual analog shooter with MANY short missions perfect for 15-20 minute gaming sessions...yet people aren't buying it.  fighting games like Mortal Kombat are PERFECT for the vita, becuase fights only take a minute or two a piece.  Racing games are also perfect. 

I undestand that's not what you mean, you're referring to the system not just having "bite sized" versions of console games, but we have new IP's for the system with Gravity Rush, Escape Plan, Little Deviants, and some new games in the future.  we have them, that doesn't mean we can't also have the console ports or Vita exclusive versions of the franchises we love. 

IT's all about balance, what works for one person may not work for another.  Just becuase, yes, the Vita needs exclusive stuff to it, that doesn't mean it can't also have Playstation All-Stars or Sly Cooper.  

And if Exclusives like Gravity Rush, Sound shapes (was original vita only), Dokuro, Little Deviants, Soul Sacrifice and Tear Away isn't good enough, well, what is?

Mmmmmm... no. You didn't get my point.

1 - Does ACL has some unique Vita features? Well... now two people know this on this planet: me and you. Nobody will know it. They will see AC and they will think "Ooooh, who cares? I have it on PS3 and it's better". You don't know how many people I've already heard/saw saying/writing this.

And I can't blame them. If I wasn't an hardcore gamer, I would think the same.

2 - Uncharted (ugh...)... just no. I played that game (may I be damned lol) and it's not made for Vita at all. I don't care if I have to clean an object with my hand. That game would have still been better on PS3.

3 - Short bursts? A portable game doesn't necessarily need that. As long as it has frequent save points. A portable game should be something that makes you think "wow... this is better than playing in front of a tv". And that's what Vita needs.

I won't talk about 3DS, because I'm a forum veteran and I never go off topic. But..... the thing worked better there. I'll stop here.

You talk about a lot of games. You know what? People don't even know they exist. They know about Uncharted. Maybe Gravity Rush. But Gravity Rush is like the exception to all this point I'm making. Because it's a rare gem.

4 - Vita doesn't need exclusive stuff, it needs unique stuff. It's different. Those games you mentioned (the ones that are already out) did almost no good. Especially in Japan. Soul Sacrifice? We'll see... I'm not that positive. Tearaway? Same... But I'm more positive about this. I still fear it will be something like Pikmin 1 or 2 = one of the best game ever... not a system seller (as far as sales go).

Well... in the eyes of the people, Vita is still a portable console that does nothing but run games that are worse versions than the PS3 ones (ugh part.2). So... nobody is buying it.

That's for EU and USA. In Japan is different. In Japan they couldn't care less about AC. They want their games. So give them more Miku, more Persona, a lot of RPG's... MH? One can only hope...

And... I would love to be wrong. But unfortunately I'm right. And that number (2.2) is there to prove it. :(

You're really not the 'logic' using type, are you?  You have some monumentally unrealistic expectations for the system.  

1 - Yes, people do indeed know the game has touch controls, they tout it every opportunity they have in the commercials. Not to mention the world is getting more savvy when it comes to finding out information;  sure, Grandma might see "Oh, motion controls" and be sold, but do you know ANY 13-24 year olds that don't know how to use google or wikipedia to figure out what they're spending 40-60 bucks on?  That's just naive.  

2 - how is this not better?  you can't do the puzzle stuff or the cleaning or chalk lines on PS3, you need a touch screen to do that.  You say the Vita needs games that are unique and designed for it, and yet a game comes out with precisely what you ask, and you find various reasons to dismiss it.  

3 - yes, short bursts make each session rewarding, which is a great way to make a game well liked.  Also, games aren't meant to be 'better' on a portable.  I'm not saying people don't care, or that they can't be, but the POINT of a portable is to be portable, taking gaming on the go, and the enjoyment factor is greatly altered when consider what needs to change, gameplay and design wise, to fit portable gaming.  so let me get this straight, portable games need to be portable, but also need to be something better than you can get on the console...yeah, that's two different categories, and virtually impossible to fill both at the same time. 

4 - seriously?  we already went over this.  Vita needs good games and an attractive, easy to digest entry fee.  it's GOT good games, but Sony's marketing sucks.  There's really nothing more to it.  

I don't even know why I'm trying.  You're basically saying that, for the vita to succeed, it needs to find a needle in a haystack while blindfolded...and it can't touch any pieces of hay.  IT can't do this, it can't do that, double standards everywhere (what works on 3DS apparently isn't good enough to work on Vita).  

There are three things sony needs to do, and it has nothing to do with games: 

1 - Lower the prices.  250-300 dollars for a dedicated handheld is NOT an attractive price point in a world where phones do it all anyway. 
2 - Get their head straight about the memory cards.  Again with the money, Memory cards are too expensive:  give them away with bundles or lower prices. 
3 - Market it!  Sony's marketing team is creative and effective...but the budget is tiny and they're largely ineffectual. 

THOSE are the issues, not the games or features.  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Lol you guys. It's the infinite Vita argument,  we will all repeat it over and over until the thing sells. 

Aaand here's the Miku Vita. I'm jealous and I don't even care for Miku stuff at all. 

Project Diva is 85 bucks on play asia. Ouch.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

leatherhat said:
Project Diva is 85 bucks on play asia. Ouch.

Just wait for the chinese version I guess, lol

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Around the Network

Damn! Even here theres major lameness. Its like, instead kof stealth trolling we got ourselves ninja trolling lol. The vita game line up is great, the hardware is great, whats missing is some good marketing. Look at the ipad, what the hell is that thing even for? Mobile surfing? Gaming? Ebookk? What? Its some hardware that really has no use but sells like hell.Why is that? Awesome marketing. Sony just needs to market it propetly and there you go.

BasilZero said:
ils411 said:
Damn! Even here theres major lameness. Its like, instead kof stealth trolling we got ourselves ninja trolling lol. The vita game line up is great, the hardware is great, whats missing is some good marketing. Look at the ipad, what the hell is that thing even for? Mobile surfing? Gaming? Ebookk? What? Its some hardware that really has no use but sells like hell.Why is that? Awesome marketing. Sony just needs to market it propetly and there you go.

Nah, that wasnt even an attempt to troll except for the Hatsune Miku thing he did....

He was just misinformed or misunderstood so I responded with the facts but I have a feeling I have made yet another enemy, guess a price I have to pay for being reasonable ;p.

You cant just give the reason of "It has console games", because that argument if you can even call it that can also apply to past portable systems, franchises and series have no hidden law or anything that forbids them to be on one type of platform over another and if there seems to be one, Nintendo has proven that view wrong countless of times vice versa on portables and consoles with Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda and Pokemon, if they can do it, why cant anyone else?

I agree, the Vita having the destiction of being a portable home console is not a valid argument as to why its not selling well. Actually, the whole reason why portable game systems were even made were so that you can take your games with you. Gaming started with home consoles, then came the portable systems so that you can game anywhere. The Vita having a bunch of games that can be translated to a home console isn't a negative but a positive.

I know I'm not an indication of the whole or anything but I know that there are many that think like I do. Ever since the SNES days, i've dreamed of taking the games along with me. Sure there was the gameboy, but it paled in comparison to the SNES. then there was the linx and gamegear, which came close to having a home consolve experience. Only reason those failed were coz they were stupidly expensive. Plus the fact that 4 AA batteires or 6 sucked power so fast that it was rediculous.

With the GBA, taking your home console games with you came a step closer to my dream. Then the advent of the PSP, which was what I have been waiting for. Now, with the Vita, I can take my home console experience with me. ITS AWESOME!

Also, saying that the PSP was a failure is ignorant. It did exactly what it set out to do, and thats get a piece of the portable gaming market. Ever since the Gameboy, Nintendo dominated the handheld market, and every single competitor crashed and burned. But the PSP came and was able to do what everyone else tried to but failed, and thats get a peice of that pie. Sure, the number of PSP sold vs the DS is light years away, 70m is nothing to sneeze at.

I'm almost certain that in sony's eyes, the psp is a success as it managed to pave the way for them to release the Vita. Sure the vita's start may be rocky now, but I have little doubt in my mind that it will get better. Much like how the PS3 sucked balls during its first 1-2 years.

Sony is doing exactdly what they're suppose to do and thats provide the initial push with their up coming line up.

Now, if they can only do a proper marketing campain for the Vita...

Damn! I'm such a weak fool... I have the will power of a shrimp :(

I just wallked into my local game store earlier today and saw this

Its the Asian version of Rangarok with the XSEED english translation... it was around $40 US. I know I told myself that I wouldn't buy the Asian version and that I'd go all digital... but DAMN! I just so want to play Ragnarok Odyssey! The free original sound track didn't help in me resisting  either...

So now I have Ragnarok Odyseey... HELLZ YEAH!! I'll just buy the NA PSN version once it comes out. I'm supporting the Vita as much as I can to supporting the Vita as I'm going to be buying this game twice AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

See you guys in a few days or so..maybe a week..or a few weeks..maybe longer.. who knows.. I'm gonna be one busy and happy Vita gamer!

CHEEERS!

Doods! Check it! The eyes! They are so Freeky! lol!

Just created my character and went with the sword warrior.. it looks sooooo aweseome! laterz doodz!