By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
outlawauron said:

I was just giving an example of where a company can get an studio that they do not own and it is still considered a first party title.

I believe that would make it a second-party title, not first-party, but okay.  I don't really know how involved Nintendo were in the development of those games, if at all, so I'll leave it there I guess.

Around the Network

They used to be known as 2nd party titles (like Rare was a 2nd party developer for Nintendo). But I guess people just base it off the publisher now. Although not internally developed by Nintendo, they were funded/published and distributed by them.

I'd say Nintendo put them out as new IPs as they published them and they are exclusive to their platform. Nintendo have still invested in them even if they didn't develop them internally.

Sony have always been very good at putting new IP out there though. It's just a shame a lot of it doesn't become anywhere near as popular as it deserves to be. Heck it used to be known as the SCEI badge of doom if Sony were publishing a game it seemed doomed to obscurity.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

forevercloud3000 said:
outlawauron said:
Kresnik said:
outlawauron said:

Nintendo has as much to do with Pandora's Tower and The Last Story as Sony does with Ratchet.

Where did I say anything about Ratchet?

I was just giving an example of where a company can get an studio that they do not own and it is still considered a first party title.

a 1st party title is simply a game that's IP is owned by one of the big three. I think Nintendo owns the IP to at least one of those games, not sure which.

Sony owns the Ratchet IP, even though it is made by a 3rd Party company. Insomniac can make games for whomever they choose....they just can't make a Ratchet for anyone other than Sony.

Yes, exactly. I'm pretty positive that Nintendo owns the The Last Story IP which is why XSeed had to go to them to get the license to publish in the US.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

So have we seen or heard anything new on Warrior's Lair or Urban Trials this gamescom :( ?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

Oh wow Last Story isn't a Nintendo release in the US? NoA really are losing it these days. Europe got Xenoblade, Last Story and Pandoras Tower Limited Editions from Nintendo. I also got a nice art book as a bonus featuring art from all 3 games when I got Pandora's Tower. They also released Rhythm Heaven Wii in Europe last month too.

Amazing to think this is the same Nintendo that has denied Europe so many games over the decades.

Around the Network
TheKoreanGuy said:

engadget review on Nyko Power Grip for Vita: http://www.engadget.com/2012/08/16/nyko-power-grip-for-playstation-vita-review/

I hadn't realized this was already released a while ago. I was interested in it when they first announced it but it looks like they scrapped their prototype from before.

Pros: Doubles the battery life, grips look really comfortable, $25

Cons: Blocks the game card slot, pretty bulky, rear touchpad is more difficult to reach.

A word on battery life from engadget:

"The company claims the device doubles the Vita's battery life, and we found that it did just that, offering twice as much longevity or more. Set to maximum screen brightness and volume settings, the Vita's standard three-hour runtime jumped to more than six. The four hours a dimmed-down and muted handheld can achieve doubled as well, dragging on for nearly eight and a half hours under the Power Grip's wing. Shifting into PSP mode prolongs the battery life even more, topping out at 11 hours at medium brightness -- more than enough to keep one occupied on a trip across the pond."

I might get it. More battery life is very appealing and 11 hours if you're playing PSP games? Awesome. If I want to take it off to switch games or to have easier access to the rear touch, it doesn't look like that'll be much of a problem. The part on the grip that connects to the charging port can slide and lock into place. You can also charge the Vita with the grip installed.

I have it, and it's worth every penny.  unless i'm going some where, it's on my vita 24/7.

Okey enough with the Nintendo stuff on this thread.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

lol da faq happened here...

ok ok guys let's settle down now...everyone makes exclusives. I personally find sony ones to be way more impressive and diverse than the rest...but even then no denying everyone makes them. So let's just let that argument die out..not a topic that will benefit anyone really...

speaking of DISCUSSION WORTHY topics...che che che check this out

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

It was mentioned I think, but here's the pic for all of you to leak your juices over.

.......I'm talking about drool you sickos.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

That looks incredible! I can't believe that's running on Vita. I'm still waiting for the April Fools, it's actually just streaming from a PS3 announcement to come.