By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577

Great lineup for Xmas. I wonder if it'll keep the Vita afloat.

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:
tear away looks soooo good :) MM are perfect devs for vita. So creative

That game has really made my day.  Also, Puppeteer will be another game that I will probably buy. It reminds me of Dynamite Headdy on the Sega Genesis.

http://hardcoregaming101.net/dynamiteheaddy/dynamiteheaddy.htm

And Killzone has that Blade Runner vibe that I like.  I'm not really a shooter guy, but I might get this one also.

RafaelOrix said:
I'm really surprised with Tearaway, it's seems to be so much fun, unique and cute! So surprised, actually, that I decided to change my signature. What do you think (off-topic, I know)?

Your signature looks great! And... three games that aren't even out yet! You're always one step ahead, Rafael! :)

Dgc1808 said:
They're taking the Tekken 6 approach when it comes to characters. You can start using your favorites day one :

I don't like that at all... I love unlocking stuff. Especiallly unlocking characters in a fighting game. It's fun. And it keeps you going, even if you're getting a little bored. There's still that character to get! It works so well in a lot of fighting game.

A fighting game with everything unlocked from the get-go doesn't work for me... coff coff... SSFIV... coff coff.

But whatever. I will not buy that game. So... I'm fine. :)

Oohh Tearaway and Killzone both look great! Is it too much to ask to be hired by the Helghast to kill Rico? Hate that guy.

Also, something I've noticed which is a small detail, but it kind of bugged me. The "mercenaries" in the trailer looked, completely normal. Like, they were wearing everyday clothes you would find in real life and had plain aviator glasses on lol. They just seemed so out of place compared to the ISA or the Helghast.

I would have definitely preferred the mercenaries to have their own sort of armor. They look to plain and don't go well with the sci fi setting of the rest of the game. Anyone else feel the same?

ChadOkada said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

That game has really made my day.  Also, Puppeteer will be another game that I will probably buy. It reminds me of Dynamite Headdy on the Sega Genesis.

And Killzone has that Blade Runner vibe that I like.  I'm not really a shooter guy, but I might get this one also.

oh I haven't seen that game before. Looks very ineresting

and I definitely agree, Killzone vita actually has a very sci fi driven vibe to it. Love it

also here's something I thought about. Sony seems to be pushing he multiple projects per dev idea a lot nowadays. MM is making Tear Away while also making another new IP. GG (cambridge is now part of them iirc) making KZ Vita plus another new IP. Santa Monica makes multiple games at a time. Now what if teams like Sucker Punch are also making two titles. One for vita or one for ps3. It would be so so awesome. I think given the current situation of things, it looks like they are pushing for multiplat releases for ps3/vita along side new unique IPs for vita. I love this strategy. It means we will never run out of games! 

@Matty: It's one of those highly argued about things about fighting games. Some like me hates to unlock characters while others do. I think since sony is also trying to push this to a casual audience, all characters unlocked is the best way to go. And also the word is that there are plenty of other things you can unlock in the game. Hope they reveal what they are soon

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:
ChadOkada said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

oh I haven't seen that game before. Looks very ineresting

and I definitely agree, Killzone vita actually has a very sci fi driven vibe to it. Love it

also here's something I thought about. Sony seems to be pushing he multiple projects per dev idea a lot nowadays. MM is making Tear Away while also making another new IP. GG (cambridge is now part of them iirc) making KZ Vita plus another new IP. Santa Monica makes multiple games at a time. Now what if teams like Sucker Punch are also making two titles. One for vita or one for ps3. It would be so so awesome. I think given the current situation of things, it looks like they are pushing for multiplat releases for ps3/vita along side new unique IPs for vita. I love this strategy. It means we will never run out of games! 

@Matty: It's one of those highly argued about things about fighting games. Some like me hates to unlock characters while others do. I think since sony is also trying to push this to a casual audience, all characters unlocked is the best way to go. And also the word is that there are plenty of other things you can unlock in the game. Hope they reveal what they are soon

Killzone and Tearaway both look like 1st team efforts. Some of the smaller teams have done good work for Sony, but the Vita needs proven 1st party teams to get it's legs under it. WipEout and God of War on psp were excellent, but most of the games were made by new (splintered) studios who were given major ips and had not proven themselves in my opinion.  I hope we get more of Sony's top tallent working on the Vita.

Holy shit Killzone looks fucking beautiful!!

I want to say so much more about gamescom but I've only got my Vita on me, not going to type paragraphs on this thing :(

MattyPeq said:
RafaelOrix said:
I'm really surprised with Tearaway, it's seems to be so much fun, unique and cute! So surprised, actually, that I decided to change my signature. What do you think (off-topic, I know)?

Your signature looks great! And... three games that aren't even out yet! You're always one step ahead, Rafael! :)

Dgc1808 said:
They're taking the Tekken 6 approach when it comes to characters. You can start using your favorites day one :

I don't like that at all... I love unlocking stuff. Especiallly unlocking characters in a fighting game. It's fun. And it keeps you going, even if you're getting a little bored. There's still that character to get! It works so well in a lot of fighting game.

A fighting game with everything unlocked from the get-go doesn't work for me... coff coff... SSFIV... coff coff.

But whatever. I will not buy that game. So... I'm fine. :)

Thank you :) And I agree with you, I like to unlock characters on fighting games and I kinda miss it. It used to work as a motivation to come back to the game.

Didi you guys know that Nihilistic (Risistance Burning Skies) is the one in charge for developing COD Declassified ?! ... Now we can see why and how bad the game's going to be ! :P

M.U.G.E.N said:
Dgc1808 said:
I can't wait to see two really skilled players go 1v1 with Dante and Kratos. Both are mid range melee characters with huge combo potential and some long range options (Dante's Ebony and Ivory meets Kratos' Bow of Apollo).

We can finally get the Dante vs Kratos argument resolved. Lol.

hahah awwww yeah...the ultimate showdown. I think this will be a great match up...in the beta, I LOVE playing as kratos. His move set is so damn diverse. His shield and spear should be a great answer to the brrage of bullets from dante as well. As for air combat, kratos can use his blades to either drag them to you or drag yourself to them (I am pretty sure you can do both)...would be fun to see dante doing an arial attack and kratos trying to drag him down

this game will be insane!

lol thanks leatherhat...this vita brotherhood shall prevail! KZ, Ragnarok, Soul Sacrifice, QForce etc etc. Good co op times ahead

oh and

ok so I'm gonna say this...that environment shown, looks more colorful and vibrant than any kz enviornment to date...including the Kaznan Jungle (worse case scenario it will be a tie with kaznan) 

This, I actually feel like the war is IN a city..makes me think of Tokyo actually..a futuristic version

Damn! That looks really fine! I'm not really into FPS (aside from counter strike back in the day) but that just looks so good that theres an 80% chance that I might pick that game up (the 20% chance of me not picking it up will be base on price)

Also, whats up with the PSN update?

What is Hakuoki Demon of the Fleeting Blossom and SUSUME Tactics? Plus MLB 2k12? really? Why dont they update with say Sega collection, the two capcom collections, the atari collection, VC 2, etc etc. WTF are they thinking?

Hakuoki I believe is some form of text heavy adventure game which probably wont sell well in the west. damn!

But at least there's one good news and thats Blaze Blue Continuum Shift Vita, now $24.99 from $34.99! Cool! I've been meaning to try this fighting game franchise and this might just be the game to get me started