By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577

Enjoying Sound Shapes so far.

Only completed maybe 4-5 levels, but I did however publish my first level last night.

It is titled "Music Beneath the Stars". Took me like 10 minutes or so. It was just a test level.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

Haven't had a chance to play my Vita in a while. Did get a chance to finally play some of the GR DLC.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Dgc1808 said:
So far, Sound Shapes is a really enjoyable game.

Disgaea 3
Tales From Space
Sound Shapes
a number of downloaded psp games.

I'll buy Absence of Detention next Week, can't wait to play it. (will be my first disgaea ever.)

and i think i'll import Ragnarok Odyssey once its released in NA; even though the DLC thingy might be a problem then... (European PSN Account)

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

M.U.G.E.N said:
early impressions on sound shapes,,,and I know some may think I'm exaggerating...so please understand this is how I 'personally' find this game to be

One of THE most enjoyable...gaming experiences...ever! I mean holyyy shiiiit. I don't think I stopped grinning for a second when I was playing the game...brilliant stuff. Highly recommended

When I eventually start making my own music/levels ..I will share it with you guys as well :D

i downloaded it overnight, grabbed my vita for the morning commute, got on the train, fired up sounds shapes...

"you must update the system software to version 1.69 or later"

I'm really excited for Sound Shapes, will begin playing it in a few hours. I'm also curious about the creation mode... I mean, if it's just put the beat and the notes, does that mean we can actually "copy" songs from nowadays on the stage?

LET'S GO KNICKS

Around the Network
MattyPeq said:
Hey, M.U.G.E.N! I'm really happy to see you're loving this game! :D

Oh and by the way, your avatar makes me think you're waiting for Persona 4, aren't you?

Is there any other Vita game you already know you'll get? :)

Yep from the rest of this year I am planning on buying Persona 4 The Golden, Ragnarok Odyssey, sly, sf vs tekken. I 'might' buy ps all stars on the vita as well..haven't decided on that yet. Oh and yea buying AC Liberations as well :)

these plus some ps3 titles like sleeping dogs and dishonored will eat up my time big time lol. so one or two of these purchases might get pushed back a bit..but yeah buying all of them for sure. 

@Habino: yep you can basically create anything you want...it's a very very nice system and is perfect for the vita. you unlock certain 'sounds' as you play through the game as well.

@kitler: Buahahahhahahah oh man :D Sorry to hear that dude...

@Euphora: I will make sure to check it out ;) Let us know if you make other new levels as well

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

kitler53 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
early impressions on sound shapes,,,and I know some may think I'm exaggerating...so please understand this is how I 'personally' find this game to be

One of THE most enjoyable...gaming experiences...ever! I mean holyyy shiiiit. I don't think I stopped grinning for a second when I was playing the game...brilliant stuff. Highly recommended

When I eventually start making my own music/levels ..I will share it with you guys as well :D

i downloaded it overnight, grabbed my vita for the morning commute, got on the train, fired up sounds shapes...

"you must update the system software to version 1.69 or later"

So guys PS All stars beta hands on impressions are coming out today..already read a few and surprisingly enough, DToid is one of the best ones

http://www.destructoid.com/preview-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale-beta--232725.phtml

It really talks about how different a game this is compared to smash. Some quotes

"Because of the changes to the Smash Bros. formula, All-Stars is a much more complex and chaotic game (at first). For a concept with such mass appeal, this fighter has one of the steepest learning curves in recent memory, because it requires you to forget everything you know about the genre. Even when you wrap your head around the game’s controls and combat, you’ll need to relearn so much as you go from character to character since they each play differently. You can still jump into a match and have fun mashing buttons, but if you play to win, you’ll want to dedicate some time to learning the game."

"Another improvement over Smash Bros. is the move set which feels much larger and unique. Parappa is slow but a master at Kung Fu. He also knows how to chill out and play some jams, so he'll throw down a boombox that shoots out power orbs. In contrast, Radec (Killzone) is a long-range powerhouse who can toss grenades, fire various guns, and take cover behind a giant shield. On a vertical level, he is much trickier to control since he isn't great at close range. Pulling off a well-timed sniper shot with Radec is something I don't think I'll grow tired of any time soon."

They also highlight some valid concerns and criticism too, such as comparing the strengths of various supers. Good read overall :)

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
So guys PS All stars beta hands on impressions are coming out today..already read a few and surprisingly enough, DToid is one of the best ones

http://www.destructoid.com/preview-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale-beta--232725.phtml

It really talks about how different a game this is compared to smash. Some quotes

"Because of the changes to the Smash Bros. formula, All-Stars is a much more complex and chaotic game (at first). For a concept with such mass appeal, this fighter has one of the steepest learning curves in recent memory, because it requires you to forget everything you know about the genre. Even when you wrap your head around the game’s controls and combat, you’ll need to relearn so much as you go from character to character since they each play differently. You can still jump into a match and have fun mashing buttons, but if you play to win, you’ll want to dedicate some time to learning the game."

"Another improvement over Smash Bros. is the move set which feels much larger and unique. Parappa is slow but a master at Kung Fu. He also knows how to chill out and play some jams, so he'll throw down a boombox that shoots out power orbs. In contrast, Radec (Killzone) is a long-range powerhouse who can toss grenades, fire various guns, and take cover behind a giant shield. On a vertical level, he is much trickier to control since he isn't great at close range. Pulling off a well-timed sniper shot with Radec is something I don't think I'll grow tired of any time soon."

They also highlight some valid concerns and criticism too, such as comparing the strengths of various supers. Good read overall :)

Nice read :) I bet that if you posted this in any other thread, random Nintendo fanboys would start the flame. Thank god it's peaceful times here at the Vita thread :D

LET'S GO KNICKS

HabinoBR said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

Nice read :) I bet that if you posted this in any other thread, random Nintendo fanboys would start the flame. Thank god it's peaceful times here at the Vita thread :D

Sal hates peace it seems :P he just made a new thread on this article lol

but yea saw around 2 new threads that were made just today to hate on vita...it's kinda pathaetic really..but oh well :) no need to go in there and argue with those who have already made up their minds

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!