By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577

Hello guys

Today i bought a nintendo 3DS. The lack of goof games right now and the fact that my holiday will start in september ( and i truly need some games during this time) were the reasons why i bought a 3ds today.
I have playey several hours right now and since this is a vita thread lets start a little comparison between both systems.

The Graphics: I played the best looking 3ds game (Resident Evil Revelations) and whyle i must say it truly look outstanding for a erly title it cannot match Vitas best looking games (Uncharted and Gravity rush)
So Vity wins this point by a big margin.

Sounds: Well i think both systems do really well on this point and in fact it also depends on the games so i cannot tell big differences.

Menüs: Well the vita is much more comfortable to me.

The Games: Ive only played Super Mario 3d Land and Resident Evil right now. Both are really great and entertaining games. Ive also preordered Zelda, Super Mario Bros 2 and Super Mario 64 DS.
And when i look into the future i must think of games like Luigis Mansion 2 which will be day one to me.
So far i have two games for the vita. Uncharted and Gravity Rush. The future lIne up this year lookm good with Little big Plante, PSBR. Buts thats all i am interested this year. According to my retailer Sly 4 and Soul Sacrifice will both release early 2013. So the 3ds wins by a small margin this year.

Battery: Cant tell you right now.

Handling: Definitaly the vita. It has two analoge sticks and is much bigger.

Fazit: Both handhelds are great systems. Well the 3d Effect is bad for the 3ds but both handhelds have great must have games. If you have enough money and time get both systems. You cant do anything wrong with that purchases.

Around the Network

@exile: I think you got the list done nicely there. Bunch of the games still need release dates and we should hear about them in the coming months thanks to events like gamescom

@sunofkratos: being a multi console owner is the best for sure. I will eventually buy a 3ds as well, but it doesn't have enough games that interest me at the moment. So in a few years time when it has several layton games plus others I will buy one.

And sly is definitely coming this year. At least it is coming out this year in the NA..i see no reason why it shouldn't be the same case in switzerland. It definitely will be available online tho. And I guess you are not interested in games like Ragnarok and Liberations + psn titles?

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Let's compare Nears.

Discoveries

Gifts x 82
Games x 81
Players x 69
Distance 11,232 km

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Well I personally don't have time to play on 2 handhelds so for me it will be psvita all the way :).

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

M.U.G.E.N said:
PlaystaionGamer said:

Hello my Vita lovers! this is a little off topic (by a lot) but please could you guys cheap out my first Youtube video? i know you guys are a nice bunch and won't be to horrible lol

its only my first video so if you like it please Subscribe to me :D

Watched and liked as well :)

Just finished Resistance 3....hands down imho the best FPS Single Player Campaign this gen. Just wow. Now I HAVE to pick up Burning Skies sooner or later lol

I wouldn't get too excited.  I mean, I loved Burning skies and all, but its campaign is nowhere near Resistance 3's.  It's an arcadey feeling game, nothing more really. it's fun, I recommend it, but it's still nothing special. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

also, I would like to take some time to compare 3DS and Vita game lists as far as we know till the end of the year for a moment. In the interest of fairness, I will be including versions of the games that are "Best on xxx" because two of the 3DS's lineup are remastered games (OOT 3D, Starfox 64 3D), and Some of Vita's best games are definitive versions of console games (Disgaea, Mortal Kombat)

3DS has:

Ocarina of Time 3D (remaster)
Star Fox 64 3D (Remaster)
Mario Kart 7
super Mario 3D Land
Resident Evil Revelations
Kid Icarus Uprising
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
New Super Mario Brothers 2

Hell of an impressive list, once again proving that while nintendo may not have a TONNE of games, the ones it does have are kind of really awesome. Keep in Mind, this is through the course of 21 months vs the Vita's 9 months.

Vita:

Uncharted Golden Abyss
Wipeout 2048
Lumines: electronic Symphony
Disgaea 3: Absense of Detention (complete edition)
Mortal Kombat (Complete Edition)
Gravity Rush
LittleBigPlanet Vita
Ragnarok Oddyssey
Assassin's Creed III: Liberation
Call of Duty Black Ops Declassified

That's the exact same amount of games, and the Vita did it in less than half the time. Keep in mind I didn't include ports from the console unless the Vita version was better (which is why I didn't add Rayman Origins), and why I didn't add games that were being simultaneously released on consoles (MLB 12 the Show, Playstation All-Stars, Sly Cooper thieves in Time), nor did I add games that I felt qualified but didnt have good reviews (Resistance burning Skies, ModNation Racers).

So yeah, comparing exclusives, they're pretty damn close to perfectly identical, when it comes to high ranking shit. though the Vita has the added bonus of getting GOOD console ports, whereas the 3DS doesn't really.

No Gaemz, guys

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Yeah I was afraid that might be the case...but I will still get it I suppose. But damn man..I hope they bring a R3 like game to the vita....that campaign was more like a survival horror at times..and it was great. Loved the atmosphere and characters. fantastic fantastic game. Guerilla Games should get some hints from this when it comes to their SP. They can surely learn a thing or two

and yep no gamez lol...but I don't see that argument dying anytime soon sadly thanks to major ignorance levels of some

and

"Falcom is adding a new bonus item to the Ys Celceta Sea of Trees 25th Anniversary Pack. Ys fans can look forward to the "Ys Heroines Calendar," a twelve page tabletop calendar featuring new illustrations of all your favorite Ys series ladies."

http://andriasang.com/con24w/ys_heroines_calendar/

Images at the link. It looks very nice

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Did you guys know about quick scrolling? And it works in the web browser, this feature just put the vita web browsers over the iphone browser, at least for me. http://youtu.be/JwasGJpJRKQ

Mmmfishtacos said:
Did you guys know about quick scrolling? And it works in the web browser, this feature just put the vita web browsers over the iphone browser, at least for me. http://youtu.be/JwasGJpJRKQ

Yup. I use it all the time on this site since I have it set to display 100 posts per page. You can also hold to drag your type cursor when using the https and search bars, making it easier to edit text. I just wish that worked elsewhere too.

Ok everyone I just had an idea!

Do you remember the game Lair? It has some terrible reviews because it fell short on a few things but mostly because of terrible sixaxis controls. Well funny thing, it's currently the only full PS3 game that works with remote play. I'm not sure why because it needs to use sixaxis right? Well technically you could play the PSPgo with a Dualshock 3 but you might as well have played it on the PS3 then.

My point is, isn't the Vita's sixaxis way more accurate than the Dualshock 3 because it's attached to your screen? I'm think flying a dragon ala gravity rush but while moving. Does anyone have this game or do I have to pick it up myself to test this theory?