By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
NoCtiS_NoX said:
Ok, I am done with setting up the Soul sacrifice thread. I'll post it shortly treat it as a beta stage since I rush it a bit because I will be busy today and tomorrow.

BTW do I really need to ask for permission from the mods?

I'm not sure about official threads, but no.  I set up a Resident Evil thread the other day.  I just don't know how to turn it into an official thread, like if I need mod's approval, or even the set up.

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:
not sure tbh..I remember a while back someone talking about it...it should be fine tho

make sure you tag the second post as well just in case you need it :D I look forward to it man

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=146075&page=1

here you go.

Anyway, 

If you guys have new info. Feel free to post it in there.

NoCtiS_NoX said:
Ok, I am done with setting up the Soul sacrifice thread. I'll post it shortly treat it as a beta stage since I rush it a bit because I will be busy today and tomorrow.

BTW do I really need to ask for permission from the mods?

Yeah, you can make a thread but you need a mod's permission to make an "official thread".  On a related note, I made a thread about Dragon's Dogma and it got pretty popular.  Somebody said that I should make it the official Dragon's Dogma thread.  I said I didn't have the time to make it awesome (add screenshots, info, faqs, etc.) and that it didn't deserve to be an official thread.  A while later, I logged in and saw that a mod had made it the official Dragon's Dogma thread.  I felt pretty good about it.

Just PM one.  I'm sure they'll give you permission.  If you don't ask, there's always the possiblity that your thread could get locked.

This might not seem Vita related, but I just learned R-Type Delta and R-Types will be removed from the PSN next week.  These are excellent games if you are a fan of side-scrolling spaceship shooters. Irem has dissolved and this will be your last chance to get these games.  The Vita connection is that these are PS1 games and will eventually work on your Vita.

d21lewis said:
Chark said:
Question. Does anyone use Remote Play via the internet? Outside your home from a different wifi connection? I got it to work a while back but my router sends out the signal that turns the PS3 on automatically and aside from not wanting your PS3 on all the time it turns off after a certain amount of time and disables the remote play feature from the internet. I've heard of certain routers that don't do this or of a way to adjust settings on some routers to disable that signal from sending out every 2 seconds.

I would really like to do this without having to leave my PS3 on and not be able to do it more than once while out because it disables the feature during the false on command from my router.

THANK YOU, CHARK!!

And to answer your question, I was able to get it to work when I first got my Vita.  I never got it ot work for PSP.  To get it to work now, I have to leave my PS3 on and have it already set for "Remote Play".  I can turn it on via Private Network but to do that, I have to be in close proximity to my PS3.  Now that you mention it, the different router may be the issue.  I had a router but it kept getting disconnected when I played 3DS with Rolstoppable.  I bought a new router and now it doesn't turn on via the internet anymore.

Anyway, I used to have a Linksys router.  Now, I have a Netgear router.

Hmm, I think I have a Netgear but I'll have to take it back from my father, I don't think he uses it. It might work but I have AT&T Uverse and that uses its own router modem combo thing. Maybe the problem will stop when I add a secondary router to the mix but I'm not sure I can access my internet without the Uverse thing so I can't experiment with the router alone so I could be screwed.

In the Remote Play settings there is a Remote Start option, it lists only to select on or off but when you select on it opens up a secondary menu with the option to check a box to allow for remote start via the internet. Try turning that on and turn your PS3 off. If it doesn't turn back on in the next minute it should be good (though occassionally it could turn on, some routers are slower with that signal). If that works you can use Remote Play from any internet connection, just make sure to turn your PS3 off with your Vita/PSP otherwise the automatic shutdown on the PS3 will disable the via the internet option and you'll have to head back home to turn it back on.

There are some other steps one might have to do that includes adjusting the settings in your router to port forward, but that's a little too complicated to explain off the top of my head.

I spent way too much time back and forth to Starbucks not to get this to work properly.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Around the Network

Love R-type. Why are they taking it off the store? I'd like to see Ikaruga HD remake for the vita. I have a hard time decieding what i like better, R type or Ikaruga.

Chark said:

Hmm, I think I have a Netgear but I'll have to take it back from my father, I don't think he uses it. It might work but I have AT&T Uverse and that uses its own router modem combo thing. Maybe the problem will stop when I add a secondary router to the mix but I'm not sure I can access my internet without the Uverse thing so I can't experiment with the router alone so I could be screwed.

In the Remote Play settings there is a Remote Start option, it lists only to select on or off but when you select on it opens up a secondary menu with the option to check a box to allow for remote start via the internet. Try turning that on and turn your PS3 off. If it doesn't turn back on in the next minute it should be good (though occassionally it could turn on, some routers are slower with that signal). If that works you can use Remote Play from any internet connection, just make sure to turn your PS3 off with your Vita/PSP otherwise the automatic shutdown on the PS3 will disable the via the internet option and you'll have to head back home to turn it back on.

There are some other steps one might have to do that includes adjusting the settings in your router to port forward, but that's a little too complicated to explain off the top of my head.

I spent way too much time back and forth to Starbucks not to get this to work properly.

Something else that may be part of the problem:  I have my PS3 set up to automatically log in with my daughter's PSN ID.  If I don't do that, she'll log in as me and really screw up my saved games (wish there was a password option).  On the remote play settings, it asks for the email address I set up for her but the Vita asks for the email address I have set up for me.

I'm going to tinker with it a little later to see if I can figure this thing out.  I don't use it very often but I'd like to know it works perfectly. 

guys check the official soul sacrifice thread cuz I just posted bunch of brand new info and screens on the game in there :D IT LOOKS AWESOME

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Mmmfishtacos said:

Love R-type. Why are they taking it off the store? I'd like to see Ikaruga HD remake for the vita. I have a hard time decieding what i like better, R type or Ikaruga.

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/16941-irem-games-being-pulled-from-playstation-store-on-august-11/

The article gives a list of games that will no longer be available.  My understanding from last year is that Irem is completely gone.  All virtual console, PSN, and Xbox live games have or will be removed.  There may contracts that can no longer be maintained to keep these games on the respective stores.

ChadOkada said:
Mmmfishtacos said:

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/16941-irem-games-being-pulled-from-playstation-store-on-august-11/

The article gives a list of games that will no longer be available.  My understanding from last year is that Irem is completely gone.  All virtual console, PSN, and Xbox live games have or will be removed.  There may contracts that can no longer be maintained to keep these games on the respective stores.

Wikipedia tells me they did exactly the same with the Virtual Console versions of their games last year.  How odd.

Just out of interest, if I buy the game now will I be able to re-download it at any point?  Might be interested in getting Delta while I can.