By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
darkknightkryta said:
Runa216 said:
darkknightkryta said:
Runa216 said:
Hey, when I get Ragnarok Oddyssey for the Vita, who wants to hook up with me and go through it together for the review (assuming I get the review)

I guess we can meet up at a coffee shop somewhere and ad-hoc it together.

Wait, we can't go online through Wi-Fi?  that's kind of really dumb. 

We should be able too, I was just saying in general.

You in Southwestern Ontario, Canada? 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
darkknightkryta said:
Runa216 said:
Hey, when I get Ragnarok Oddyssey for the Vita, who wants to hook up with me and go through it together for the review (assuming I get the review)

When it originaly came out it Japan, online wasn't supported due to time constraints but I believe has been patched already. The NA release is rummored to include all patches released thus far.

As for info, Ragnarok Oydssey is an action RPG which is mission based very similar to Monster Hunter. You go on quests to kill monsters and stuff. Much like Monster Hunter, you go out and collect materials to creat better and bader equipment. Gameplay wise, it is much fast paced. Base on the Japan demo which I played, there are two attack buttons, jump, dash. I thought that the game mechanics were nice and solid, the graphics were very bright and colorful, and the animation nice and fluid. Only issue I had with the demo was once you try and pull off a regualr combo, it just keeps on going and leaves you open to attacks. The trick is knowing how long of an attack chain to press :p

As of know, I can say for certain that there are 6 character classes. The Assassisn, Cleric, Hammer Smith, Warrior, Hunter and Wizard. Unlike Ragnarok online, to those who played the game, there is no novice class and you start out as you character of choice (so i've heard) which is a shame really. One of the appeal of Ragnarok Online was that you started out as a Novice, then get to take an advancement test to change into your second job and finally had another test to change to your final job. Back when I played Ragnarok Online, I took the route of paladin (novice -> swordsman -> crusader -> paladin :p)

Anyways, to get a better understanding of how it plays, think gods eater burst. Its more in line with GOB in terms of pace as compared with monster hunter which is slow. Not to mention the characters are more anime styled. So if your into anime and into games like monter hunter. you will most likely like this game.

ils411 said:
Runa216 said:
darkknightkryta said:
Runa216 said:

When it originaly came out it Japan, online wasn't supported due to time constraints but I believe has been patched already. The NA release is rummored to include all patches released thus far.

As for info, Ragnarok Oydssey is an action RPG which is mission based very similar to Monster Hunter. You go on quests to kill monsters and stuff. Much like Monster Hunter, you go out and collect materials to creat better and bader equipment. Gameplay wise, it is much fast paced. Base on the Japan demo which I played, there are two attack buttons, jump, dash. I thought that the game mechanics were nice and solid, the graphics were very bright and colorful, and the animation nice and fluid. Only issue I had with the demo was once you try and pull off a regualr combo, it just keeps on going and leaves you open to attacks. The trick is knowing how long of an attack chain to press :p

As of know, I can say for certain that there are 6 character classes. The Assassisn, Cleric, Hammer Smith, Warrior, Hunter and Wizard. Unlike Ragnarok online, to those who played the game, there is no novice class and you start out as you character of choice (so i've heard) which is a shame really. One of the appeal of Ragnarok Online was that you started out as a Novice, then get to take an advancement test to change into your second job and finally had another test to change to your final job. Back when I played Ragnarok Online, I took the route of paladin (novice -> swordsman -> crusader -> paladin :p)

Anyways, to get a better understanding of how it plays, think gods eater burst. Its more in line with GOB in terms of pace as compared with monster hunter which is slow. Not to mention the characters are more anime styled. So if your into anime and into games like monter hunter. you will most likely like this game.

I youtubed it...and I;m sold.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N63nq7KSHj8

Great graphics, great audio, great controls, great gameplay, decent customization, love the art direction.  Yep, I'm sold.  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Runa216 said:
darkknightkryta said:
Runa216 said:
darkknightkryta said:
Runa216 said:

Yeah, didn't we have this talk already, when we were talking about Anime North?  We both live in the GTA no?

kitler53 said:
RafaelOrix said:
kitler53 said:

when do you guys plan on playing?  i'll call dibs on a healer (cleric?!?) if you want one.  i love the secondary characters personally.

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
@mugen, can i be the main healer, please????????? in ragnarok odyssey. i have been playing a whitemage in final fantasy 11:online for 7 years now. :)

Both of you. I'm the freaking healer! My favorite class on Ragnarok Online :P Now, being serious, I would gladly play as mage on Ragnarok Odyssey, even though cleric is my favorite.

@MUGEN: Congrats on your Accounting Internship, you deserve it and a lot of awesome stuff. By the way, Soul Sacrifice is gorgeous, I'm loving the background of every monster, it feels so fresh, unique and really compelling. They aren't simply monsters that are the just to kill, they have some truly amazing background and I love it. I'm gonna make my brother and my best friend buy PS Vita and that game for sure.

lulz ... and healers are generally in short supply.  

never play ragnarok online but my priest was easily my favorite character in WoW.  what other classes are needed?  

No idea, to be honest. I guess we will find out as soon as we start playing.

About meeting up on a place, I'm very far away from you guys.

Around the Network

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/08/02/reality-racer-trademark-hints-at-new-vita-game-from-sony/

Sony Computer Entertainment might have a follow up to Reality Fighters, an early PlayStation Vitagame that used the system’s camera to turn players into fighters.

Anyone interested in an augmented reality racing game? Because Sony filed a trademark for Reality Racer in Japan.

Novarama the studio behind Invizimals made Reality Fighters. Perhaps, they’re behindReality Racer?

darkknightkryta said:
Runa216 said:
darkknightkryta said:
Runa216 said:
darkknightkryta said:
Runa216 said:

Yeah, didn't we have this talk already, when we were talking about Anime North?  We both live in the GTA no?

riiiight, I remember now!  Sorry about that, unless it's something that comes up frequently, I tend to forget.  I'm not actually in the GTA, I'm an hour or so south on the 401, but alas!  I'm sure one day we can make it happen! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...north-america/

It’s time. Time to reveal the LittleBigPlanet PS Vita release date! The game will be available in North America on Tuesday, September 25th. That’s right, in just a few short weeks you’ll experience Sackboy’s next adventure, set on the mysterious traveling planet of Carnevalia.

We’ve put together a featurette video for the game, which you can watch up at the top of this post. The video will tell you a little bit more about LittleBigPlanet Vita’s story.

Thanks to PS Vita’s unique features, you’ll be able to play completely new game experiences and share your levels with the world wherever you are and whenever you feel like it. You can take pictures of anything you see while you’re out and about, and use them to decorate Sackboy or customize your level. It’s never been easier to make your cat or dog the hero of your level!

By the way, it’s not too late to pre-order the game and get some bonus BioShock or Knights of Old costumes.

Santacruz said:

It’s time. Time to reveal the LittleBigPlanet PS Vita release date! The game will be available in North America on Tuesday, September 25th. That’s right, in just a few short weeks you’ll experience Sackboy’s next adventure, set on the mysterious traveling planet of Carnevalia.

We’ve put together a featurette video for the game, which you can watch up at the top of this post. The video will tell you a little bit more about LittleBigPlanet Vita’s story.

Thanks to PS Vita’s unique features, you’ll be able to play completely new game experiences and share your levels with the world wherever you are and whenever you feel like it. You can take pictures of anything you see while you’re out and about, and use them to decorate Sackboy or customize your level. It’s never been easier to make your cat or dog the hero of your level!

By the way, it’s not too late to pre-order the game and get some bonus BioShock or Knights of Old costumes.

To anyone whining about the Vita's winter lineup, consider the following: 

September - Ragnarok Oddyssey, LittleBigPlanet Vita
October - Assassin's Creed III: Liberation, Playstation All Stars Battle Royale
November - Call of Duty Black Ops Declassified, Sly Cooper: thieves in time (?)

That's a hefty release schedule, whereas the 3DS is already done its major releases for the year, having already released Theatrhythm and Kingdom Hearts, and Mario 3D land is coming sometime in August.  Good to see both handhelds getting great games.  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Santacruz said:

What about Europe? WHAT ABOUT EUROPE!!!???

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!