By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Sony and Microsoft counter the tablet controller?

Seems like a pretty easy deal, and one that won't take three-four years to be countered like motion gaming. Create a tablet controller, stream games from the console and bam, there goes the U's main appeal.

Around the Network

Already done, Microsoft showed it could be done on WP7* ages ago and PSVita can do exactly the same. There may be one or two things that will be different e.g. Vita and WP7 are both more expensive than one of these controllers, atleast they ought to be, so integration wont necessarily happen but they can do it already.

*WP7 does require its update but I think it is being introduced in Mango.

It's not a threat to them because this isn't something as revolutionary as motion controls. And having a second screen is not that big a deal, considering the DS brought them to the table 7 years ago. Third party support looks good, but that doesn't mean third parties aren't going to support the currently available platforms (yes it's awesome that arkham city, battlefield 3, ninja gaiden 3, dirt, tekken etc are coming to WiiU but they're not gonna make me buy one cuz I have a PS3 and can get ALL of the above on it). Once third parties stop supporting PS360, I'll think about it. Nintendo's new console isn't exciting at all. I was expecting more.

Come join our video game music rumble! Everybody is welcome!

http://forums.ffshrine.org/f63/official-video-game-music-rumble-66118/

We vote on our favorite music from various categories we have created. Currently doing: "Best PS2 Soundtracks". More to come!

It's not a threat to them because this isn't something as revolutionary as motion controls. And having a second screen is not that big a deal, considering the DS brought them to the table 7 years ago. Third party support looks good, but that doesn't mean third parties aren't going to support the currently available platforms (yes it's awesome that arkham city, battlefield 3, ninja gaiden 3, dirt, tekken etc are coming to WiiU but they're not gonna make me buy one cuz I have a PS3 and can get ALL of the above on it). Once third parties stop supporting PS360, I'll think about it. Nintendo's new console isn't exciting at all. I was expecting more.

Come join our video game music rumble! Everybody is welcome!

http://forums.ffshrine.org/f63/official-video-game-music-rumble-66118/

We vote on our favorite music from various categories we have created. Currently doing: "Best PS2 Soundtracks". More to come!

haxxiy said:

Seems like a pretty easy deal, and one that won't take three-four years to be countered like motion gaming. Create a tablet controller, stream games from the console and bam, there goes the U's main appeal.

Wait, is this going to be the first Nintendo console without Nintendo games?

That's IT! Nintendo is finished.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Around the Network
Gnac said:
haxxiy said:

Yes, because the Gamecube was such an astounding success. It's selling even today I heard.

I bet PS3 and PSVita can have similar functionality as the WiiU before the WiiU is even released

I think the PS vita can do it. Not sure ofcourse...

ModifiedDuck said:

well according to Nintendo thisiswhat the developers askedfor whenthey talked to them.

I guess Nintendo didn'tsee the between the lines message. We want you guysto stop making consolesso we will tell you crap to make you look silly.

haxxiy said:
Gnac said:
haxxiy said:

Yes, because the Gamecube was such an astounding success. It's selling even today I heard.

It may not be astounding sucess, but it was in green type of project.