By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I'M SICK OF VIDEO GAMES BEING BLAMED FOR OTHER PEOPLES PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!!

i'm sure everybody knows that video games are blamed for peoples dumb mistakes! this one is the last straw!!!! Recently, a teenage brother and sister were babysitting the sister's half sister. they apparently killed the half-sister!!! this shocked me! but, what really shock me was this , THEY SAID THAT THE FIGHTING THAT WAS DONE APPARENTLY RESEMBLED MORTAL KOMBAT FIGHTING STYLES IN THE GAMES!! this really makes me mad! p.s.- because of the way videogames are being blamed, THE PRESS AND POLITICS ARE GOING TO WIPE OUT VIDEO GAMING FROM ALL COUNTRIES!!! what are you guys thoughts??

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius
Around the Network

It will never end just deal with it thats what i do.

"Like you know"

RolStoppable said:
Caps lock and tons of exclaimation marks are really annoying.

sorry about that.

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

True Genius

Don't blame video games blame society.

And are you not a little arroganr rol? 

Think twice before helping a friend in need.

What percentage of people over the age of 40 really have an understanding of the content that is produced in videogames? Probably not that high of a ratio if I was to guess ...

There are two main ways that these uninformed people get exposed to videogames, through their advertizements (which seem to embrace violence on an unreal level) and on the news (which focuses on violence that is 'caused' by videogames).

Around the Network

my brother said that the wii is capable of changing society's views on gaming. i don't think 200 million wii's will do this!!!! but, who knows? (manhunt 2 on wii was said to have "too realistic controls" when you slice somebody and stab them. that's why rockstar and take two got sued so many times!)

True Genius

Quality for Life

BREAKING NEWS: man plays super mario, jumps on a turtle and falls down a hole to his death. Officials say this is not a big problem as he has 5 more lives

lol yeah i´m fucking sick of it to here in germany when somebody walks amok [sry dont know the english translation] the polititions blame counter strike or so that really pi$$es me off and they wanna ban fps`s here i just hate german politics

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!

No FPS allowed in Germany, hm? Well there goes the 360's sales there...

Seriously, though, this is nothing new. Blame has been misplaced for centuries, entirely to further the petty careers of a few. Games, books, movies, music, you name it. They've all had the blame finger pointed at them to explain away why somebody would do something violent or obviously against the current societal norms. And they've always been done contrary to any sort of logic or reason. It's easier to blame an innocent than confront the actual problem, which is usually ingrained within the society more than the entertainment means of said society.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.