By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumur: Nintendo's Next Console to be Called ..* Drumroll* ..The Nintendo

If this is true, this must mean that this is the ultimate console.

Around the Network

Nintendo ReRe

Great idea, Nintendo. And when the successor comes out, you can call it the SUPER Nintendo.

mysticwolf said:
But many people call the NES the Nintendo...
I think that all these rumors are false, and we have absolutely no clue what it will be called, and come Tuesday they will announce the name and our minds will be blown because we never expected it, and it will be an awesome name.

When Nintendo only had one offering to play games on, they could get away with calling it "Nintendo".  But now with the Wii and DS platforms available, that just doesn't work.  It needs to have another name to differentiate itself.

I like it. I hear plenty of people saying I have a Nintendo (since the NES gen) not even bothering to say which console.

They are the only "pure" gaming company of the lot right now and it just makes sense. Could you image a console called "Microsoft" or "Sony" hell no.

Around the Network
Justin said:
Great idea, Nintendo. And when the successor comes out, you can call it the SUPER Nintendo.

This is absolutely brilliant.

If they are going with that route might aswell call it nintendo entrainment system 2

Also I'm loling at the name not because its bad but its funny that they will actually do this did they run out of names?

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

So simple, yet so epic...

NES HD

Nah. Not buying it. I call fake.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046