By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - New Star Wars - The Old Republic gameplay trailer

Tagged games:

Seeing this ...just makes me hate it even more....Should be KOTOR 3 :(

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Around the Network
Diablerie said:
Rainbird said:
I don't know, the gameplay just doesn't look... right. It doesn't feel right for something that is Star Wars. It feels too much WoW in space, to put it crudely.

I would almost say the exact opposite.  TBH, this looks like Knights of the Old Republic III: The MMO Edition, which is what it should be.  I don't see much WoW influence (This coming from a guy that put two alliance characters to the highest pvp rank in vanilla WoW, as well as raids, then went on to Horde his way through each expansion and eventually spent countless hours bathing in blood through the arena's).  I will say that I have not played Cataclysm and I don't plan to, and if anything from that expansion gives you reminders when watching this trailer, well, I have no arguement.

You're a better judge than I am, although I still think the gameplay looks too much alike.

@ Games4Fun

If you're the kind of guy with an alt for any situation, then I can understand why this system might seem superfluous. The DPS/Healer/Tank combo is still very rigid though, and doesn't provide much flexibility. If a healer dies, your DPS can't just take over and vice versa, where in GW2 you can change your role on the fly to accomodate any changes in the battle.

And since GW2 puts a bigger focus on actual roleplaying than most MMOs, it's nice that you can use your main for different things, rather than changing back and forth all the time to accomodate the task at hand. 

It's true GW2 looks to be amazing... but i haven't seen news on it lately... Still it's easy to have a paid MMO experience for a few months and then set back on the free concept of GW when you scale back your play time :-p

I'm looking for a mostly solo experience though and SW is bound to be pretty well developed in that aspect with bioware behind it.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO