By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Just bought the Witcher, am I going to enjoy it?

There is five Acts man, and once you get past Act 2 which I believe is the investigation there is still 30+ hours left. We are talking about the The Witcher 1 btw.

Around the Network

Imho, The Witcher is one of the best action RPG I've ever played. At first, the battle system took me aback in the first minutes of the game. However, once I understood the timed combat, I really got into the game instantly. YThe atmosphere, some bosses, the side quests are just awesome, alos you can always choose your side (neutral, scoiatael, order of the flaming rose), but in a different fashion than Mass effect. The dialog choices are really different , and are deeper than ME.

The game is very long, especially when you look at the side quests. you feel lost at some point, but it's a less guided experience than a lot of action RPG.

The replay value is awesome, because you can replay the game and find new stuff, new quests that you may have locked in your first playthrough.

On the other hand, TW2 is so much linear and shallow, it has only its great graphics afaik. I played two hours and stopped it. I'll give another chance when I'll finish Frozen Synapse SP ^^