By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Not a good indicator but...ps3 ranking on amazon since 3 weeks

Like the guy above me said, it really doesn't matter until Amazon can tell what percentage of sales they have relative to the worldwide market......if there are only 100 PS3s and and 100 360s.....and PS3 sells 95 and 360 sells 50, that doesn't translate to "PS3 sold 45% more than 360". Amazon is just like any retailer, so their sales aren't indicative of the entire scale. If they show PS3 outselling, yet everyone else shows they don't then it becomes the exception not the rule.

With that out of the way, I must say that since the "Others" area seems to be loving the PS3 right now, it only makes sense that the PS3 is ahead......and the fact that the 360 had been ahead until up until three weeks ago, as the OP said, really shows that the PS3 is moving along.....the only other time it had a top spot is when it phased out the 60 gb, and phased in the 80.

My only gripe with everyone saying "Amazon is not a good indicator of sales" or "Amazon is not trustworthy" is that, when Amazon says "it sales 17 Wiis per second", everyone here hops on it and says, "Yeah, cause the Wii is that good".......be fair, if you say that Amazon is not a good indicator, take that into consideration amongst all consoles.....cause if at any point in time the PS3 sells 18 per second, you guys will throw a fit and say "Amazon sucks" even though you were just supporting because of the Wii numbers

Currently playing:

Unreal Tournament 3, Warhawk, Rock Band, Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy XII, DMC2, then 3, and Radiata Stories

"Stop the presses// It's been a while but I'm back in session// And in the past time my flow's matured more than adolescence// It's time to learn a lesson// So get you pen and your pad out, listen close, and take heed to this blessing"