By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy VI and Parasite Eve II now on European PlayStation Store

http://www.el33tonline.com/past/2011/6/2/final_fantasy_vi_and_parasite/

Like many of you, I eagerly cycled through the list of new content on the PlayStation Store this morning. A lot of the featured items are complete surprises because there’s been no official word on the full list of games which would be available on the store when service resumed.

Two noteworthy PSOne Classics are among those surprises - Final Fantasy VI and Parasite Eve II.

I should point out that these games are not yet available on the USA store, but are present in all their glory on the UK and South African variants.

Final Fantasy VI is priced at £7.99/R95 and Parasite Eve II is going for £5.49/R65. Both games are playable on both PS3 and PSP.

If you had to choose between the two, I would recommend Parasite Eve II. FFVI is already available for plenty of different consoles, and is merely a remastered version of the SNES classic released in 1994. Parasite Eve II has only ever been released on PS1 before, and that was way back in 2000. Featuring stunning pre-rendered backgrounds, awe-inspiring CG sequences and solid action-RPG gameplay, it’s one of the premium survival horrors on the PS1.

We’ll keep you updated with the latest news regarding these two Square Enix classics’ migration to the USA store, so stayed tuned to El33tOnline for all your retro RPG re-release reveals.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've personally never played either of these classics, I'll make sure to buy them as soon as I can :)

Around the Network

I would love to rebuy the best RPG of all time but I have a policy of no rebuys unless I lost the CD/cartridge of that game already.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

yay two awsome games at once, FFVI also means that FFI, FFII and FFV are the only FInal Fantasy games in main series (excluding the mmo's) that i do not own.

Aprisaiden said:

yay two awsome games at once, FFVI also means that FFI, FFII and FFV are the only FInal Fantasy games in main series (excluding the mmo's) that i do not own.

FF1, FF2 are both on PSN EU for download for PSP for £8 (I don't know what that is in Euros), and FF5 is also available to download as a PS1 Classic :)

So I can finally play FF VI on my PSP!

Around the Network

I love FFVI nver played the other game.

TeddostheFireKing said:
Aprisaiden said:

FF1, FF2 are both on PSN EU for download for PSP for £8 (I don't know what that is in Euros), and FF5 is also available to download as a PS1 Classic :)

O_o FFV is avalible! Man it is going to be a crazy day tommorow getting FFV, Outland and hopefully the Welcome Back games (well Wipeout HD, Dead Nation and the PSP games)

As for FFI and FFII at $15 in Australia each id rather wait for a price drop (especially since i believe they work on PSP :(