By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Probability of Final Fantasy versus 13 coming to Xbox 360

I want you all to give me the probability of it coming to the Xbox 360. And Explain why if you can. 

I think the probability is 75% right now but that is lower than what i thought at the begining of the year which was 100%.

Around the Network

Think it depends on how MS views Square-Enix as a JRPG asset - because the game sold OK (FF13) on the 360, but didn't exactly fly off the shelves. Also depends on money hatting and if Square-Enix thinks it will be more profitable multi-platform (why wouldn't it?)

At least Final Fantasy 13-2 is coming.

I'd say 50/50

It's just that simple.

I'd agree.  Pretty much 75% sure its going multi-plat.  Considering how much SE have been in the hole in terms of making money lately and when you take into account the massive budget this game must have already consumed being in development for so long it just makes sense going multi-plat. 

They need to start posting profit and releasing a game that has done nothing but use up money for all these years on one platform is a bad idea. 

Idk maybe 50. It takes so much time for them to release new details or footage on it. Maybe because they are developing for multiple platforms.(Cafe?)

If it is, i expect PS exclusive in Japan though.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

about 10%

Project Cafe on the other hand as long as they go for a disc format that can hold more than 25GB should get an enhanced port, if Nintendo really want to push for the hardcore they could push some free advertising SE's way and have it as a launch title, the way development has been going I the game should be finnished by late 2012 anyway...

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

I don't even know what the probability of it coming to the PS3 is.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

85%, so very likely.

I just don't see a reason why SE shouldn't do it. Okay, it's developed specifically for the PS3 according to Nomura, but that doesn't stop them from porting it over after developement is finished and while localising it for the west (both versions would be released at the same time in the west of course, but I guess it would stay exclusive to the PS3 in Japan).

Doesn't matter anyway, gonna buy for sure!

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

The better question is what's the probability of it coming out at all?

I kid, I kid. 

On a more serious note, it's become apparent that there was some sort of exclusivity deal in place between Sony and Square Enix for Final Fantasy XIII, and Microsoft likely had to step in and pay Square Enix in some form to break that contract.  The question remains whether there was also a contract in place for Final Fantasy Versus XIII, and whether Microsoft were willing to bargain for that game as well.  Given the game has yet to be announced for 360, unlike XIII-2, I'm going to assume that there is a contract in place, and that Microsoft felt that landing only the "main" Final Fantasy XIII on their console was good enough for their purposes (even if Versus is looking to be equal as significant as XIII).

If it were simply a matter of making more money by making the game multiplatform, this thread wouldn't even exist, as such a decision would've been made long ago.  It's obvious there are other factors involved.

Fairly high but far from certain. I doubt you're getting any numbers from me, they are pretty meaningless unless there's some fairly accurate reasoning behind them.

50/50, absolutely.

On one side stands Microsoft's apparent indifference to JRPG's these days along with the "EXLUZIVEZ!" latest trailer (yeah, I know what has come out of that before, but who knows :P ) and on the other SE's need for munneh and Microsoft's unpredictability along with their need to get whatever Sony's having. Worked for them so far.

Absolute 50/50 I say.