By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Lunar: Silver Star Harmony Review

ishiki said:

I've always teetered on whether to play this or not and my answer is no. And I always pick something else with my money

but, @Mirson
Do you like light-hearted JRPG's?

The ones of the top of my head. Dragon Quest V and the other DQ's I've played 4,7,8, Trails in The Sky, Final Fantasy IX. Or ones similar to that that I can't think of.

You have to play Lunar Silver Star Story is an awesome Old School RPG that should not be missed. 

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

Around the Network
hikaruchan said:
ishiki said:

I've always teetered on whether to play this or not and my answer is no. And I always pick something else with my money

but, @Mirson
Do you like light-hearted JRPG's?

The ones of the top of my head. Dragon Quest V and the other DQ's I've played 4,7,8, Trails in The Sky, Final Fantasy IX. Or ones similar to that that I can't think of.

You have to play Lunar Silver Star Story is an awesome Old School RPG that should not be missed. 

seconded...

Xxain said:
PullusPardus said:
Xxain said:
PullusPardus said:
Xxain said:

Im gonna strees this one time just to clear

LUnar is a Old school JRPG, it should NOT BE JUDGED WITH NEW AGE STANDARDS

but you just did the same thing?

and if "Today's standards" being generic anime naruto-like characters, then i don't see how thats a higher standard than the old ones.

Wrong Final Fnatsy, Chrono Trigger, Mana Series, Tales and Star Ocean ALL Pre date Lunar and have awesome Art design

YOUR being generic and closed minded...

read the post again

Be more clear on what your trying to say, I take it your trying to say that you think anime sucks too so it cant bet higher standrads or  some crap?...

but you still be wrong for 2 reasons.

but ill let you clarify 1st...make sure we are on the right page

You do realise that only 4 Final Fantasies and the GB Seiken Densetsu (The first "Mana" game) actualy predate Lunar?

Besides, half of those have crappy art design.

I quite enjoyed Lunar SSH myself. No JRPG comes close to Eternal Blue though. The original one.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

I disagree 100% with the OP.  Lunar was the first game that actually got me 'into'  RPGs as a whole.  Excellent story.  If you actually place yourself within it, you will certainly have emotions felt.  I don't enjoy Final Fantasy or many of these other RPGs. 

Who cares if the game was made kind of cheesy?   I can't stand most 'present day' RPGs.  The game holds the test of time in my opinion.  Great game.  Worth a play through for anybody who enjoys RPGs. 

Son1x said:
Xxain said:
PullusPardus said:
Xxain said:
PullusPardus said:
Xxain said:

Im gonna strees this one time just to clear

LUnar is a Old school JRPG, it should NOT BE JUDGED WITH NEW AGE STANDARDS

but you just did the same thing?

and if "Today's standards" being generic anime naruto-like characters, then i don't see how thats a higher standard than the old ones.

Wrong Final Fnatsy, Chrono Trigger, Mana Series, Tales and Star Ocean ALL Pre date Lunar and have awesome Art design

YOUR being generic and closed minded...

read the post again

Be more clear on what your trying to say, I take it your trying to say that you think anime sucks too so it cant bet higher standrads or  some crap?...

but you still be wrong for 2 reasons.

but ill let you clarify 1st...make sure we are on the right page

You do realise that only 4 Final Fantasies and the GB Seiken Densetsu (The first "Mana" game) actualy predate Lunar?

Besides, half of those have crappy art design.

I quite enjoyed Lunar SSH myself. No JRPG comes close to Eternal Blue though. The original one.

eternal blue was a great game