By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Ghost Recon: Future Soldier “better with Kinect,” boxart shows

forummodsarestupid said:

Blatant false advertising not one game has been better because of kinect and dozens have been horrible 

its just their slogan lol, theyre not advertising. playstation move games have to have "playstation move compatible" put on them just like kinect games have to have "better with kinect sensor" put on them.

microsoft doesnt believe that the consumer will be able to make up his/her own mind the way microsoft wants them to though so they have to tell you how to think

Around the Network
cory.ok said:
forummodsarestupid said:

Blatant false advertising not one game has been better because of kinect and dozens have been horrible 

its just their slogan lol, theyre not advertising. playstation move games have to have "playstation move compatible" put on them just like kinect games have to have "better with kinect sensor" put on them.

microsoft doesnt believe that the consumer will be able to make up his/her own mind the way microsoft wants them to though so they have to tell you how to think

slogans are a form of advertising... 

The only thing that makes me wonder about using Kinect as a way to talk to your squad mates:  Why the hell haven't they done this already?  I mean, every 360 has a headset, right?  Most PS3 users have a decent bluetooth, right?  Even the Wii has that Wii Speak device.  If the voice controls can be designed to work with Kinect, they can be designed to work with the standard headset or the PSEye or whatever else has a microphone.

Mr Puggsly said:

I'm surprised we don't see more games with Kinect features. It could actually help sales.

We see a lot of racing games and it seems that's the easiest genre to crowbar some Kinect features in. Oh well, more munnies for Forza 4 I guess.

now forza 4, will definitally make the statement true, "better with Kinect".

it will do everything the ps eye was suppossed to do with GT5 and more.

it just wont be better for driving/steering.

but the whole head tracking thing as well as other features will certainly be great, thats one big advantage it has over the ps eye.

d21lewis said:

The only thing that makes me wonder about using Kinect as a way to talk to your squad mates:  Why the hell haven't they done this already?  I mean, every 360 has a headset, right?  Most PS3 users have a decent bluetooth, right?  Even the Wii has that Wii Speak device.  If the voice controls can be designed to work with Kinect, they can be designed to work with the standard headset or the PSEye or whatever else has a microphone.

i just dont think voice commands are any more practical (or preferrable toa controller input).

but who knows it might work

Around the Network

Has anyone heard anything on the beta for this game?

All Splinter Cell Conviction launch discs have the beta included with them, yet this game has been delayed forever.

Anyways this might be my first Kinect title without owning a Kinect lol. I'm hoping for some nice price drops at E3.

It's just that simple.

I heard that the box was taken away the a normal one without the Kinect logo was replaced. I dont know if they are trying to cover it up or not...

sonicinformer said:

I heard that the box was taken away the a normal one without the Kinect logo was replaced. I dont know if they are trying to cover it up or not...

let's wait E3

Is it just me, or does the color combination for Kinect (With the purple that is) look absolutely awful? I mean, they had a good thing going with green, white, and orange? I think it would be have been good for them to just emphasize more orange (more activity, kinetic energy, blah blah) than... purple...

Anyways, does anyone, who wasn't interested in motion controls already, feel compeled to buy a Kinect because of this? Does anyone, who already was interested in motion controls, feel compelled to buy this game, because it features motion controls?

I really don't think that motion controls pulls in audiences beyond the lines.

Akvod said:

I really don't think that motion controls pulls in audiences beyond the lines.

I don't think anyone cares in the slightest before we know what it actually is. If it is stuff like giving hand signals and voice commands, then fuck yeah I'm interested! If it looks like it sucks though, then not so much...