By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can NDs catch amazing 250 million units sold mark?

http://blogs.cnet.com/8301-13506_1-9818306-17.html

I will say not

NDS sold 120 to 150millon marks  

Vgchartz = Video...Charts

(On Machina request take off from my sign..........)

Around the Network

250 MILLION?!?!

Someone must be on something. DS won't be aroudn long enough to do that haha. Highest DS sales I can see is 150 million, which is a record in itself and I think people should be content with that haha.

This blogger, like a lot of people have some crazy predictios from some things eh.

In my opinion, 200 million is a resepctable goal to shoot for, and I think as much as 300 million is JUST inside the realm of possibility, depending on how long they keep manufacturing the system (handhelds usually have a longer life than consoles, as the Game Boy lasted thru NES and SNES, and GBA through N64 and most of 'Cube). I have a strong feeling it will get to 100 million before they drop to the magic price of $99, at which point we all know that sales go nuts.

Well, it could sell that many if Nintendo installed a self-destruct chip in every unit that was set to go off sometime next year. I know I would buy a replacement if mine went (especially with all the new colors available). I wouldn't even care that Nintendo made mine die ;)

My End of 2008 Hardware Predictions (console only):

Wii : 50 million

360: 28 million

PS3: 24 million

These predictions were made on January 3rd and won't be revised

LINK

cringer8 you would go and buy another ds because nintendo self destructed your old one. It could be a vicious circle, buy, self destruct, buy, self destruct. hope any game that was in the ds survives.

seriously though, its an amazing acheivement what Nintendo has done with this handheld.

I want wii fit and I want it now