By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Buying a PSP - help!

Love my PSP play it quite frequently. God of War games are fun. Daxter. MGS games, peace walker best imo. Remote play is a blast. I have over 100 movies downloaded onto my PS3 and being able to lay in bed at night and access my PS3 Xmedia bar on my PSP and watch all my movies, as well as play all my minis straight from my PS3 remotely is a great feature. As well you can turn on/off and access all your movies/pictures/music on your PS3 remotely with your PSP from anywhere in the world that you can connect to the internet. It's my favorite feature of being a PSP/PS3 owner. All I got to say is have fun, I don't think you'll be disapointed. 

Around the Network

i can't recommend jeanne d'arc enough!!! go get it!!!

Raider84 said:

Love my PSP play it quite frequently. God of War games are fun. Daxter. MGS games, peace walker best imo. Remote play is a blast. I have over 100 movies downloaded onto my PS3 and being able to lay in bed at night and access my PS3 Xmedia bar on my PSP and watch all my movies, as well as play all my minis straight from my PS3 remotely is a great feature. As well you can turn on/off and access all your movies/pictures/music on your PS3 remotely with your PSP from anywhere in the world that you can connect to the internet. It's my favorite feature of being a PSP/PS3 owner. All I got to say is have fun, I don't think you'll be disapointed. 

Sounds wonderful and I just found out how to get 32GB on PSP for under £30! Two Micro SD cards £13 each and MicroSDHC to MS PRO DUO Adapter for £3.99. Once I get the psp traveling to/from work will fun.

kitler53 said:

1. really?

... actually that's all i have.  i just thought it was a myth that people still buy psps.

some great recommendations are already in

I'll just make two

Valkyria Chronicles 2

Daxter

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

You have to activate your psp to your psn account via the PS3, once you've done that you can download anything from your current psn account into the psp that works on the psp.. including..

any "PLAYSTATION ONE" games..

any "PLAYSTATION PORTABLE" games..

most "PLAYSTATION MINIS" games..

as an added bonus, if you have PS plus you get.. free PS1 classics all the time..

also yes you can DL any psp content onto your ps3 then upload them into your new psp..

mM
kitler53 said:

1. really?

... actually that's all i have.  i just thought it was a myth that people still buy psps.

There are multiple reasons why people would still want a PSP. PSP-3000s are cheap ($130) and the PSP has a sizable library whereas the NGP won't launch until like December at the earliest and it'll cost an arm and a leg. You can install Custom Firmware on the newer PSP's now. And some games are only available on UMD (and therefore not compatible with NGP).

It's pretty much a niche product in North America by this point. The novelty of a PSP (as a "hardcore gamer's handheld") wore off over here and much of the PSP's initial target audience defected over to the iPhone/iPod Touch and Android side of things. In Europe/Others it's not doing too bad these days. Probably all thanks to Custom Firmware being available on newer PSP's. Piracy tends to be a bigger thing in Europe/Others.

recommended:

Locoroco1&2

Medievil

NOT Recommended:

PATAPON

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

MGS Peace Walker

KH Birth By Sleep

FF VII Crisis Core

Valkyria Chronicles 2

FF Crisis Core

Dissidia 012

Star Ocean 1 and 2

Kingdom Hearts BBS

Parasite Eve T3B

MGS Peacewalker

The are among the best available