By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Story : How the Wii got the status of the PS2, or more than that.

shitsman said:
**First of all: what the hell kind of name is shitsman?

Second: I'm 18 years old. I love the Wii more than any of the other two, though I own and play all of them. Most of my friends who are my age also own a Wii. I bet more than half the people on this forum have a Wii, and I guarantee here no one is a child or a grandparent. Therefore, you fail.**

Thats because its cheap as fuck. Every hobo can buy it. Right now Wii sells so good because peope actually think it has good games and is cheap REALLY CHEAP. Once ps3 and the AC get down to 250$.................what then? Who will buy a wii over a ps3 or tresixty then ay LOL?

Face it N drones, every mommy wants to buy their kid a ps3 or 360, its JUST TOOO EXPENSIVE ATM

ban in....3....2....1...

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network
Neos said:
shitsman said:

Second: I'm 18 years old. I love the Wii more than any of the other two, though I own and play all of them. Most of my friends who are my age also own a Wii. I bet more than half the people on this forum have a Wii, and I guarantee here no one is a child or a grandparent. Therefore, you fail.**

Thats because its cheap as fuck. Every hobo can buy it. Right now Wii sells so good because peope actually think it has good games and is cheap REALLY CHEAP. Once ps3 and the AC get down to 250$.................what then? Who will buy a wii over a ps3 or tresixty then ay LOL?

Face it N drones, every mommy wants to buy their kid a ps3 or 360, its JUST TOOO EXPENSIVE ATM

ban in....3....2....1...

Hmmmm, yup, that is strange. Usually I get banned just for sayin that wii wont win the war. Now Ive been spreading the truth about wii for two dayz and im still not banned? Has the WiiMod been repaced by a non WiiDrone? BTW, this site needs to ban all Ntits from rating 360 and ps3 games. Its just soo lame LOL

shitsman said:

Apparently you are a mommy and a man? o.o;;

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

Nice read Neos.

And come on there is no doubt that the Wii and PS2 are not the same.

The Wii is targeting the whole market from the beginning while it takes for the PS2 several years before it was targeting whole the market with games like Eye toy, singstar etc...

Wii started as a casual console PS2 became one.

konnichiwa said:
Nice read Neos.

And come on there is no doubt that the Wii and PS2 are not the same.

The Wii is targeting the whole market from the beginning while it takes for the PS2 several years before it was targeting whole the market with games like Eye toy, singstar etc...

Wii started as a casual console PS2 became one.

You're completely right, but this isn't what i meant as a status. I mean it's now accepted and known among all people, you're no geek if you have a Wii, the same that was when you have/had a Ps2, the system everyone knows.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network

^I see nothing wrong with the thread title or the 1st post itself seeing how he only implied that Wii took the PS2 status, and it's justified by the fact that both of them are (similar in one aspect, hopefully it counts) video game consoles...

EDIT: was directed at Konnichiwa

EDIT2(probably unnecessary): with lower case k

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Sorry about that guy he has been banned. Please when comments like this are made dont respond just report. Thank you.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

How funny ,some fanboys trying to convince themselves the Wii is inheriting the PS2 throne .Be real men ,the Wii wont rock the gaming world .Its games wont go any further than they already have and the support it gets in this technology driven business wont be much more than what it already gets .NIntendo games ,minigames ,shovelware ,some middle to low budget japanese games and quick cash ins .I have been hearing you all the year having orgasms out of enyoyment about Wii sales but I continue to see the same thing in the industry ;the big games go to PS3-360-PC and the cheapo spin-offs or quick cash-ins go to the Wii .

Diomedes1976 said:
How funny ,some fanboys trying to convince themselves the Wii is inheriting the PS2 throne .Be real men ,the Wii wont rock the gaming world .Its games wont go any further than they already have and the support it gets in this technology driven business wont be much more than what it already gets .NIntendo games ,minigames ,shovelware ,some middle to low budget japanese games and quick cash ins .I have been hearing you all the year having orgasms out of enyoyment about Wii sales but I continue to see the same thing in the industry ;the big games go to PS3-360-PC and the cheapo spin-offs or quick cash-ins go to the Wii .

Well, it doesn't look like "It has only been 1 year. Focus is starting to see shift, just wait," will satisfy you but would you actually agree to what Neos's point was? To quote him:"I mean it's now accepted and known among all people, you're no geek if you have a Wii, the same that was when you have/had a Ps2, the system everyone knows." Or maybe not...?

Diomedes1976 said:

Translation to the non-real men, ie, children, female teenagers, young adult females, mothers, middle aged and older, not to mention the alternative life styles, plus those that can't afford the higher prices, (ie, about what 85% of the potential gaming population?):

If you want games that Diomedes likes, buy the PS3, X360 or buy them for your PC.  If you want different quirky games that are fun for you (which you seem to want right now), buy the Wii. 

Oh, and Nintendo doesn't want the status of the PS2.  It wants the status of a PS1 or better.  That is, the game console that made the most money, since the PS1 made over 100B yen more in its main years than the PS2 did.  (from Sony's annual reports  http://www.sonet.co.uk/SonyInfo/IR/financial/ar/Archive.html)

Torturing the numbers.  Hear them scream.