By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Has Nintendo spoiled it for the rest of them?

Cue people trying to negotiate the Wii's domination last week by claiming it as being in a "different" market from the 360/PS3.

Around the Network
Game_boy said:

Your point was "People would be better off if Sony and Microsoft's vision sold well, because they'd have an all-in-one entertainment box, but the reason it didn't is because people stupidly ignored that potential and went with Nintendo's "simple fun" instead".

No.  My point was exatly what I said.  There was really no need for you to add any more words in for me.  If I thought that, then I myself would be stupid, wouldn't I?  As I own a "simple fun" box, with 10 of so games?

So I'll ignore your first Paragraph
 Game_boy said:

Well, maybe the real reason the vision died was because people really, actually don't want all-in-one functionality, and without Nintendo none of the consoles woulde have sold well and the market would have shrunk.

Demand wasn't diverted away from PS3 / Xbox 360 as media centres; it simply didn't exist.

There we go.  You managed to answer my question without insults.  Well done.  And Thank you, nice to hear someone else's views on it

MrMe said:
Game_boy said:

No. My point was exatly what I said. There was really no need for you to add any more words in for me. If I thought that, then I myself would be stupid, wouldn't I? As I own a "simple fun" box, with 10 of so games?

So I'll ignore your first Paragraph

OK, my statement was perhaps uncalled for. It was my first impression of reading your original post. Owning the machine in question does not make you immune from accusations of being partisan however.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Game_boy said:

OK, my statement was perhaps uncalled for. It was my first impression of reading your original post. Owning the machine in question does not make you immune from accusations of being partisan however.

Ok, maybe not, but it would be a bit stupid for me to slag it off so much?

"But because of Nintendo this vision is still just that, a vision."

You are blaming Nintendo for distracting the public from the right way, Sony and Microsoft's vision.

Therefore, you are implying that buying Nintendo was the wrong choice this generation, which in turn implies there was something wrong with Nintendo's products. 

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Around the Network
Game_boy said:
Well, maybe the real reason the vision died was because people really, actually don't want all-in-one functionality, and without Nintendo none of the consoles woulde have sold well and the market would have shrunk.

Demand wasn't diverted away from PS3 / Xbox 360 as media centres; it simply didn't exist.

Yes, we all know that people don't buy cellphones with more gear than you need for making calls and sending an sms...

Onimusha12 said:
Cue people trying to negotiate the Wii's domination last week by claiming it as being in a "different" market from the 360/PS3.

That is actually the Wii-fans primary argument. Whatever.

The consumer will choose what they want not Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft. They are trying to sell to the consumer not the other way around.

Saying that is a all-in-one system really what the consumer want when most of the function can be bought at a lower price.

Btw in my humble opinion, PS3 and the Xbox 360 will be more profitable in the future but at the moment is it good for the developer, customer or anyone related with this huge jump in price and cost. Small developer like grasshopper, i think had say that they cannot afford to go onto the "big system" at the moment.

.... just my 2 cent worth :)

Mummelmann said:
Game_boy said:

Yes, we all know that people don't buy cellphones with more gear than you need for making calls and sending an sms...

Actually, I believe that cellphone companies are pushing this functionality onto us in an effort to make money from it, e.g. mobile internet subscriptions, digital music stores and various kinds of premium data transfer like video conferencing.

I think that most cellphone owners don't really care whether such functionality exists, but are effectively forced to buy it. It is impossible to find a phone without a camera now, without paying a premium for the 'privilege' of having no camera included. 

I can honestly say that that is the stupidest thing i have read in along while, thanks for the entertainment