By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XV...where will it end up?

Final Fantasy XV...where will it end up?

PS4 Exclusive 25 16.78%

Cafe Exclusive 11 7.38%

Xbox 720 Exclusive 2 1.34%

PS4 & 720 Multi 34 22.82%

Will end up on all consoles! 77 51.68%

Total:149

What Prince said.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
ShadowSoldier said:

Probably a PS4 and 720 multiplat. That would seem the safest bet for Square. Especially since a lot of 3rd parties seem reluctant to jump on the Cafe wagon. Not to mention they seemed please with the total sales of XIII on both Micro and Sony's consoles.

What do you mean reluctant? They haven't even officially unveiled it yet or the publishers who'll be working on it and the games they're making.

Also I don't see why being pleased with sales on certain consoles in one gen has much an effect on the next. I'm sure SE were pleased with FF XII sales too being only on the PS2 but FF XIII is multiplat. If they think a Cafe version would sell well, they'll do it.

Did you not read the Developer roundup? everyone is being cautious with this new console. It's not that hard to see why since a number of certain 3rd party games struggled on the Wii due to a Monopoly by Nintendo's first party and the demographic of the console

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

I think all the main numbered ones will be Multiplatform between Sony and Microsoft while the spinoffs will probably stay sony exclusive to stay true to the main audiences expectations in Japan (So they are consistent with the niche titles like the Ateliers and Ar tonelico's etc)

so multiplat for FFXV

PLAYSTATION NATION LADY OF JRPGS

Favourite Games of 2013 1.Tomb Raider(PS3) 2.Atelier Ayesha(PS3) 3.Virtues Last Reward (Vita)

wii. Definitely wii.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

FF15 will defintaley come out this genaration (even if its at the very end like FF12 did), all FF titles since the PS1 era have had a 4-5 production time, who ever is making FF15 has been doing so for at least 3 years now. We have to remember that FF13 was delayed a lot and FF13-2 or v13 are not out yet.

For now I see:

-FF13-2 JP Dec '11, NA March '12.

-VS13 JP April-Aug '12, NA Nov '12

-FF15 JP Dec '12-March '13.

The real question is if SE will do a PS3 and 360 release or a PS3 ,360 and WiiHD release.

Around the Network

PS4/720 exclusive, cafe won't be able to handle next gen games, sorry Nintendo ;)

Soriku said:
ShadowSoldier said:

Did you not read the Developer roundup? everyone is being cautious with this new console. It's not that hard to see why since a number of certain 3rd party games struggled on the Wii due to a Monopoly by Nintendo's first party and the demographic of the console

Eh...I can see some Western devs being cautious, but SE? Hmm. If the Cafe's graphical power is good enough and has a good userbase to support the game, I don't see why they couldn't or shouldn't do it.

The whole "monopoly by Nintendo" is also just an excuse. Plenty of third party games have done well on the Wii.

Really? how many of em fell in the same vein as Final Fantasy?

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

PS3 360 possibly Cafe.

I doubt it will be on the next gen Hi-def consoles.

TT Makaveli said:
NightDragon83 said:

Screw XV... give us a VII remake in HD!  Probably the only thing that'll make gamers get excited about Square again at this point lol.

i co-sign that ^^

I do, too. Only after changing VII to VI, though.

Soriku said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Soriku said:
ShadowSoldier said:

Eh...I can see some Western devs being cautious, but SE? Hmm. If the Cafe's graphical power is good enough and has a good userbase to support the game, I don't see why they couldn't or shouldn't do it.

The whole "monopoly by Nintendo" is also just an excuse. Plenty of third party games have done well on the Wii.

Really? how many of em fell in the same vein as Final Fantasy?

How many third party games on the Wii get the same attention a FF game gets?

The Last Story was getting a shit load of attention but sales-wise its underperformed. As I've stated 3rd parties, gamers and the general public with good reason view the Wii as having a demographic that really isn't that loving towards games like the Last Story and other games in the same vein