By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anyone think PSN outage influenced 3DS Shop delay?

Anyone think PSN outage influenced 3DS Shop delay?

Yes it probably did 24 34.29%

No , Nintendo is just slow 46 65.71%

Total:70

No.

Nintendo is just going to announce something big for the next 3DS update so that's why it will be available at the same day as the E3 show.

Around the Network

I don't know whether it caused a delay or not ... but I'm pretty sure Nintendo had a full security audit done on the system because of the PSN hack.

The poll was missing the most important and true option, both reasons being true and Ninty being coward and lazy at the same time!   

My d0memeter is disappointed and its "Receiving Inconsistent Data or Instrument Incorrectly Positioned" yellow light is lit.   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

I doubt the PSN stuff had any real effect on the eShop, but you know they had to stop and take a second look at their security. It's entirely possible that they decided to hold the launch for a bit to make sure everything was tight, especially since they're doing they're best to prevent piracy this time, but it's more likely they decided to wait for E3.

3DS | 2363-5694-1881 | lpfisher

Nintendo released that Wii update that allowed games to be played from an SD card during GDC 2009.  I don't see why the didn't plan the fact that the 3DS update is to be lauched the same day as their E3 conference