By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - VGC Mafia Round 29 -Grand Theft Auto 4 edition!

theprof00 said:

My point is...what kind of question is "are you townie". Like, What? Shouldn't you be asking "are you scum". And even so, what's with the directness? You think I'd just crumble? Or, if I lied, what then?

You seem to be suggesting that there's a functional difference between asking "are you pro-town" and "are you anti-town".  I am curious to know what you think that difference is. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

I am

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://b21wineblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/mclovin-fake-id.png&imgrefurl=http://b21wineblog.com/buy-wine-online/2011/04/07/some-seriously-hot-wines/mclovin-fake-id/&usg=__P7m1qrARkg5Gf7YxXmGf_H-6Ojg=&h=286&w=447&sz=181&hl=en&start=0&sig2=4Wkcp99B_rqtXWtD8L7Tng&zoom=1&tbnid=s4kK4Z9UUlV1aM:&tbnh=132&tbnw=206&ei=NkbOTYOKKIa58gOQp5n6DQ&prev=/search?q=mclovin&hl=en&biw=1024&bih=679&gbv=2&tbm=isch&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=517&vpy=128&dur=577&hovh=179&hovw=281&tx=123&ty=70&page=1&ndsp=12&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:0" border="0">

, just watched that yesterday.

But on a serious note, I am highly doubting the combination of Stefl/Prof scum two games in a row. One of them has to be a townie cos probability of them both being scum is out of this world!

EDIT: Broken link :/

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

NotStan said:

I am

But on a serious note, I am highly doubting the combination of Stefl/Prof scum two games in a row. One of them has to be a townie cos probability of them both being scum is out of this world!

had such situations lots of times already^^ I think...

NotStan said:

quoted for attention:

Since you are online! What do you think about prof evading such a simple question?

Final-Fan said:

Roleclaim:  I'm Batman. 

Tracking~

After l'ing'ol, I had to comment on this. Is this a real I.D? Although exaggerated in English, it does spell out his name as, 'bitman bin suferman' in Arabic.

This is totally going on my facebook.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network

I arrived at this thread, and some inetresting discussion already.

Final-Fan said:
theprof00 said:

My point is...what kind of question is "are you townie". Like, What? Shouldn't you be asking "are you scum". And even so, what's with the directness? You think I'd just crumble? Or, if I lied, what then?

You seem to be suggesting that there's a functional difference between asking "are you pro-town" and "are you anti-town".  I am curious to know what you think that difference is. 

I was wondering the same thing. I do not see a difference between asking "Are you town?" or "Are you scum?". The only thing I can think of is the perspective of the person who asks.

If you're mafia, would you ask:"are you scum?" or would you rather ask: "are you pro-town?" and vice-versa.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Final-Fan said:
theprof00 said:

I think, as this game is flavoured, so you gotta be careful with your definitions. Theres a difference between a pro-town power role and an ordinary townie and depending on how the mod treats this situation, things can go crazy.

For example,you loosely assume that what townie means is being pro-town, and answer the person who asked the question in the first place with a simple "yes". Assuming there is a lie detector in this game, and decides to analyse this post, he would be informed by the mod that the person has lied, maybe leading the lie detector to believe that the person is anti-town, leading to quite possibly extreme retardedness. 

So maybe such a seemingly simple question would be hard to answer for certain people. And maybe anyone who thought the same way would use that approach to fish for pro-town power roles ? Seems really farfetched, I know.

NotStan said:

I am

Very poor reasonning to conclude one of them has to be a townie. Odds aren't influenced by past results and I have to be suspicious of people who use that line of thinking.

FoS NotStan

Signature goes here!

GodOfWar_3ever said:
Final-Fan said:
theprof00 said:

I think, as this game is flavoured, so you gotta be careful with your definitions. Theres a difference between a pro-town power role and an ordinary townie and depending on how the mod treats this situation, things can go crazy.

For example,you loosely assume that what townie means is being pro-town, and answer the person who asked the question in the first place with a simple "yes". Assuming there is a lie detector in this game, and decides to analyse this post, he would be informed by the mod that the person has lied, maybe leading the lie detector to believe that the person is anti-town, leading to quite possibly extreme retardedness. 

So maybe such a seemingly simple question would be hard to answer for certain people. And maybe anyone who thought the same way would use that approach to fish for pro-town power roles ? Seems really farfetched, I know.

That is an interesting point you bring up. It also makes me ever more curious about prof since he didn't answer the simple "are you a townie?" question.

Stefl1504 said:
NotStan said:

quoted for attention:

Since you are online! What do you think about prof evading such a simple question?

He dodged it alright! I am finding it suspicious, but I am a bit skeptical in regards to his alignment, but then again I have no clue about anyone's alignment, only day one and majority of people haven't even acknowleged the start of the game yet

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.