By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Disc-swapping isn't a "problem"

If I had to make an analogy, I'd say disc swapping is like using a wired controller.  It's absolutely fine but better options exist.  It won't hinder the experience and most people don't care in the slightest.

Around the Network

I don't like disc swapping but it beats cum swapping any day.

OMG what did I just say??

People are still arguing over this? Man, this generation is full of cry babies.

"Oh noooo I have to get up to change disk!!! :( "

"Oh noooo I have to wait 10min for the game to install!!! :( "

"Oh noooo I have to do things and wait for things in life boohoo!!!"

Yeah shut the f*ck up and enjoy what you get in life until someone takes it from you. Some of you need a slap on the back of your head.

If you're concerned about waiting, installing the game to the HD will probably save 100x the amount of time that disc swapping takes.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

d21lewis said:

I was just reading the comments in the L.A. Noire review and saw that there is an unexpectd benefit to disc swapping:  Sharing!

Some guy said that he didn't buy the game.  He borrowed disc one from a friend and is playing the discs as his friend is finishing them.  I guess it was pretty obvious but I never even considered this!  So my friend, Jake (D11) was interested in L.A. Noire.  I can just finish disc one and loan it to him without a care in the world.  He can play the game without spending the $60 that I spent and I can continue playing it, too. Pretty sweet!

how the hell have I not thought of this before?