By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - details of some 500 Anonymous members were posted

theprof00 said:

someone's sarcasm detector is broken..

I can't believe I missed that xD.

I must have been in a BAD mood earlier.

Around the Network

*grabs torch and shotgun*

no but seriously I hope someone uses this to crucify at least 4 of these fuckers.....

so are they gonna get caught or what?

Not So Anonymous now apparently.

The thing is, the individual(s) responsible for the security breach and data theft probably aren't even on that little 500 member data base.

After all, what kind of "Anonymous" organization

a) keeps a data of its "anonymous" members

and

b) has members that even bother to volunteer that data in the first place?

It's more like those who volunteered to give up their personal info are the patsies/mules who run other people's scripts and contribute to other people's hacks to feel like they're actually changing anything in a world where they have no control or say.

The name "Anonymous" isn't very fitting anymore...

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

Around the Network

People are mad as hell and gonna take it out on someone. Who knows if anon had anything to do with the PSN but they been asking for this for awhile KARMA.

"We don't always hack sites but when we do, we prefer Sony"-Anonymous

http://www.cristgaming.com/pirate.swf

theprof00 said:

Pretty interesting article, but there are a lot of factual inaccuracies along with it. For one, Anon is known for it's professionalism "on the job" so to speak. Having a couple members go rogue and hack into Sony, and then turn on Anon, and every dramatic, high-school-esque event that's followed....well, it just reeks of forgery.

Now, I'm not saying Anon is innocent. Far from that. However, the reality is all the more sinister. Sony in 2005 had DRM on their music CDs. Sony has become this empire of lies and failures and it shows here. Sony most likely hired Anonymous to "hack" into their own servers and leave a silly little note like "Anon wuz here". It would be a big scare and everyone would phreak. Then, they could go offline for a month, saving nearly a bajillion yen, and then come back online with a few new online games simultaneously released and a subscription system following in December fresh on teh heels of "higher security".

See, Sony made a good case about the hackers, and correctly placed it as anon, but the real question is "can we trust a company that created mini-discs". No, we cannot. I only hope this goes to show the rest of you that Sony is ALWAYS wrong, and anytime you hear news of any kind, Sony is usually to blame.

As much of a critic of Sony as I am, I find Sony "hiring Anonymous" to be too much of a conspiracy theory.  Same with it being a reason for them to now charge for online play.  One can see Sony end up making the best of the situation, but I don't see where they caused it.

NJ5 said:
Fufinu said:

Now all we need are their credit card details.

Interesting. Please explain why, have those people been proven guilty of hacking Sony and getting personal data?

I'm happy its happened irrespective of whether they were also involved in this one. Which, from the info being put forth by Sony, it seems that they were.