By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So i just picked up a PS1......

So I have always been a huge new nintendo fan so i have only ever had Nintendo consoles.. Recently I went into this new place that just opened up called Play and Trade and they had a PS1 for pretty cheap and i was like ehh what the hell why not. So i picked one up and now i have some questions.  Will PS2 a/v cables work with the PS1 cause it came with an rf adapter and i want to do composite. What games should i be on the lookout for? (other than final fantasy) Do PS2 memory cards work with it? Do PS2 dualshock controlllers work with it (mine came with the original with no analog or rumble).

Basically I have always disliked the PS1 in favor of the N64, but now since I'm older I've realized all systems have their positives that can be enjoyed while still being just as much of a fan of your company. ? Help me love this system too.. Thanks 

Around the Network

Why did you buy a ps1 if your ps2 can play ps1 games..

mM

Yeah I don't get it either, maybe for the classic factor?

so you never have played the psx just cuz you favored nintendo?
lol
man that's really a shame
nothing to laugh about actually
as a gamer you really have missed a lot
or you must really only like nintendo games

i'm still playing my psx more than any other console
you really have missed quite some games that are among the best in history dude

''Hadouken!''

I must have worded it wrong. I dont have a ps2 but since i work at gamestop ps2 accessories are a LOT easier for me to get a hold of than trying to find PS1 accessories.

i was about 12 when i got the N64 so i was quite a fanboy and now that i'm older i have grown out of that and decided to see what i missed

Around the Network

you can play them now, but it won't have the impact like if you had played them then

for example, metal gear solid on the psx might still be the best
but having played it then or playing it now is quite imcomparable

''Hadouken!''

The graphics will make you hate it.

Should have done this and downloaded on to psp:

http://store.playstation.com/store/index.vm#category/PN.PC.US-PN.PC.GAME.US-PC_PSONECLASSICS/PN.PC.US-PN.PC.GAME.US-TAB2

mM
Ajax said:

so you never have played the psx just cuz you favored nintendo?
lol
man that's really a shame
nothing to laugh about actually
as a gamer you really have missed a lot
or you must really only like nintendo games

i'm still playing my psx more than any other console
you really have missed quite some games that are among the best in history dude

im in the same situation but i quite frankly doubt i have actually missed some revolutionary game besides okami (which i will get now anyways). In a nutshell its just FF random number, mario clones (R&C/J&D), random other rpg, prince of persia clones, racing games that i don't really like anyway (besides F1) and that pretty much sums it up. I only really think i missed the KH games, but thats because of Soriku's and Leo's hype behind it i think. Remember, this is my opinion =)

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

neos i was talking about the psx, or ps1 if you prefer that, not the ps2

i think that the psx library is certainly superior to that of the ps2

''Hadouken!''

@ Leo
I can pretty easily look past graphics (Wii owner), especially now since i'm not looking for cutting edge graphics. I just want fun gameplay... I only said not including FF cause i already know i have to get those.

@Neos

Do you know if the R&C games were good for ps1? I love Mario and other platformers so i would definately try that.