By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So i just picked up a PS1......

PS2 accessories don't work on a PS1. You'll have to track down and find PS1 accessories. It may be more expensive than going with a PS2 in the long run.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Around the Network

ape escape was quite innovative
you have accecories or items that you control with your left analog stick
while you control your character with the right one
so for example you were controling a remote control car while you were running around at the same time

all items to help you litteraly catch those apes, all kinds of apes from agressive to smart etc.
so sometimes you can hear or see the apes on your ape rader but you have to find a way to reach them first

and the mini game with apes, where you box with the two analog stick as you left and right hand are freaking funny

''Hadouken!''

There were a lot of shot them up too ....R-Type Delta ,the Square one with the strange name ,Viewpoint ,In the Hunt ,Darius V and dozens of others ..

And sports games ....dozens of those .

But too much time has passed ,the graphics wont let you enjoy the games as in their original state and timeframe ...

yea, it's really a shame
certainly the ps1 was really strong in almost all genres

''Hadouken!''

@omgwtfbbq
damn well i guess i'll be on ebay hoping not to get ripped off

@ajax
Never heard of ape escape before. I'll have to try that out..

Looks like i have a list of games to track down that is growing pretty quickly.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Around the Network

Yes, most 3D PS1 and N64 games have aged badly... they're hard to go back to now. I think the PS2/GC/XB/DC will age more favorably.

You should definitely check out Umjammer Lammy, one of my favorite PS1 games. Also, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. Pure awesome.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Grandia, Klonoa, Persona 2...

Hates Nomura.

no thanks

on a side note
the prerendered games like the final fantasies, parasite eve and resident evil 2 and 3 look still quite good actually

''Hadouken!''

Elemental Gearbolt was kind of cool... and Silhouette Mirage

Hates Nomura.

I never played much of it, but Saga Frontier II was an amazing-looking game... certainly one of my favorite PS1 games in terms of art style

Hates Nomura.