By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The wii might have a problem

have you got component cables already if you haven't buy them, it will make a ton of difference.

Around the Network

Wecome to the next generation!!! For best results with the Wii on a HD setup, set you TV to 1to1. This will turn off all the stretching. Yea, the screen will be really small but it will look awesome!!

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Also as SleepWaking stated, get some component cables. They make a huge difference. I have them for my Wii and Metroid looks crisp. Jaggy buy crisp. If you want to experience Mario Galaxy in all its glory definitely get them.

Just to warn you, because you went with an LCD instead of a Plasma you are going to experience jaggies in your Wii games (even with component cables). I've noticed a major difference when playing my Wii on an LCD and Plasma in the amount of jaggies there are. The Wii arguably looks worse with component cables on a Plasma than with composite, but on an LCD it's gorgeous.

darklich13 said:
Wecome to the next generation!!! For best results with the Wii on a HD setup, set you TV to 1to1. This will turn off all the stretching. Yea, the screen will be really small but it will look awesome!!

Or just set the Wii to Widescreen.  Thats the route I'd personally take

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Around the Network

YOUR IDIOTIC PROBLEMS ARE BUT NAUGHT. IF YOU DARE BLASPHEME THE SUPREMACY THAT IS NINTENDO, I SHALL SMITE YOU WITH MY ALMIGHTY HANDS OF SMITING LIGHTNING. REPENT, AND THOU SHALT BE SAVED FROM THIS HORRIBLE FATE.

Aj_habfan said:
There should be some settings to sort that out.

I think this dude is right, there must be a setting on your tv to fix this. 

p.s. You need to calm down masterwong, he's just stating a problem he had with his TV.

I think it's more like "some HDTVs might have a problem". A problem of not being able to display 480p properly. That's exactly why I bought a 480p capable CRT.

However, try to play with the TV settings, including the sharpness setting. It might reduce the jaggies. And use component cables, no matter what. Using RCA/composite cables on a HDTV is like buying a Ferrari and fueling it at the crappiest gas station in town.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Thanks for the laugh :). We all have blonde moments, don't worry about it :P.

NJ5 said:

I think it's more like "some HDTVs might have a problem". A problem of not being able to display 480p properly. That's exactly why I bought a 480p capable CRT.

However, try to play with the TV settings, including the sharpness setting. It might reduce the jaggies. And use component cables, no matter what. Using RCA/composite cables on a HDTV is like buying a Ferrari and fueling it at the crappiest gas station in town.

Or, just set the Wii to widescreen mode. From the main channel screen, hit the Wii button to go into settings. Then choose Wii Settings. On the first page, hit the "Screen" button, and then hit the "Widescreen Settings". And then choose "Widescreen (16:9)" and then hit confirm.

Edit: Oh, as well as setting the TV Resolution to "EDTV or HDTV (480p)"

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)