By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony spokesman: "plan to restart the services fully by May 31"

Let me emphasise something for you people, "restart the services fully by May 31"...FULLY.

Online play should be back anytime soon, the only date SONY gave us was the 7th and they pushed that back. If I was a betting man I would say they would be back online tomorrow.

Around the Network

So... according to the article, nothing has changed. The plan was always to restart the service "fully" by May 31st; it's just confirming that that Sony hasn't changed that. How is that suddenly even worse for gamers?

Old news.

its an placement date, they are hoping for end of the month, they cant place an date because placing date means possible broken promises and thats not what they need right now. I have all feeling it will be up before may 20

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

HKN said:

Old news.

A few days ago everyone expected online play to be up by today, now that "today" arrived not only is there nothing up but they don't have a new date either.

Sometimes the absence of news is news in itself... It seems several websites are picking up on this bloomberg report, some of them with scary headlines:

http://bit.ly/mDscHS

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

Wow....Just wow

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

I bought Portal 2 on PC (thankfully as I almost took advantage of the PS3 sale on Amazon).  Unforunately, a friend of mine who bought it on Amazon for PS3 and received it after the service went down.  I've been holding off playing the Co-op until he is able to play it online.  So, this is pretty irritating.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

"Says boss Hirai had already outlined similar timetable, that some services will be back online soon

Some elements of PSN will be back online far ahead of the May 31st date circulated this morning, a spokesperson for SCE UK has told MCV.

In his press conference on May 1st, boss Kaz Hirai already stated that PSN would receive a phased roll-out over the period of one month (ending May 31st), with the most sensitive services – notably those such as the PlayStation Store that contain customer details – coming last.

Hirai said at the time that in the first instance gamers can expect the likes of online multiplayer, music service Qriocity, account management, PlayStation Home, friends lists and chat.

The spokesperson told MCV that the comments made to Bloomberg this morning should be considered in this context. Admittedly, though, the company has missed its first targets for restoration, stoking the fitters of fear in some customers.

Sony was unable to provide MCV with an estimated PSn return date, or details of when the next official statement will be made."

Source: http://www.mcvuk.com/news/44225/Sony-clarifies-six-week-fears

nikosx said:

"Says boss Hirai had already outlined similar timetable, that some services will be back online soon

Some elements of PSN will be back online far ahead of the May 31st date circulated this morning, a spokesperson for SCE UK has told MCV.

In his press conference on May 1st, boss Kaz Hirai already stated that PSN would receive a phased roll-out over the period of one month (ending May 31st), with the most sensitive services – notably those such as the PlayStation Store that contain customer details – coming last.

Hirai said at the time that in the first instance gamers can expect the likes of online multiplayer, music service Qriocity, account management, PlayStation Home, friends lists and chat.

The spokesperson told MCV that the comments made to Bloomberg this morning should be considered in this context. Admittedly, though, the company has missed its first targets for restoration, stoking the fitters of fear in some customers.

Sony was unable to provide MCV with an estimated PSn return date, or details of when the next official statement will be made."

Source: http://www.mcvuk.com/news/44225/Sony-clarifies-six-week-fears

"far ahead of the May 31st date "

Interesting. But I don't understand these journalists, it would seem like a good idea to include a direct quote from the spokesperson.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NiKKoM said:

No year? >_>

This made me lol.