By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - More Heavenly Sword Rumors: Open Sanbox, Multiple Martial Arts Forms

Can someone tell me if this is a big deal or not please. I was kinda in another universe in 2007 and no nothing about this game except that a salesment tried to smear off the original on me. That's usually a bad sign...

Was it cool?

Around the Network
Dr.Grass said:

Can someone tell me if this is a big deal or not please. I was kinda in another universe in 2007 and no nothing about this game except that a salesment tried to smear off the original on me. That's usually a bad sign...

Was it cool?

Overhyped. It was a functional hack and slash, but it had a few gameplay quirks that hurt it and was definitely a C-lister especially now when you have FAR better options like DMC4, Ninja Gaiden 2, God of War 3, and so on. Both parties were to blame in the hype machine, but NT seems to be a lot more childish about it, trying to place all the blame on Sony. But like I said, it's not a BAD game, but there are far better options available.

Aiddon said:
Dr.Grass said:

Was it cool?

Overhyped. It was a functional hack and slash, but it had a few gameplay quirks that hurt it and was definitely a C-lister especially now when you have FAR better options like DMC4, Ninja Gaiden 2, God of War 3, and so on. Both parties were to blame in the hype machine, but NT seems to be a lot more childish about it, trying to place all the blame on Sony. But like I said, it's not a BAD game, but there are far better options available.

I agree with you on all points. But I wanted to add that it had a very cool story and superb acting! compared to today there are of curse better games, especially gameplaywise!

Ultr said:

I agree with you on all points. But I wanted to add that it had a very cool story and superb acting! compared to today there are of curse better games, especially gameplaywise!

The plot was...okay, but I can't say it was anything special. If anything that just made the game feel more pretentious because it was obvious that NT THOUGHT this was some kind of ground-breaking, epic plot when in fact it was merely good with some good acting from Andy Serkis. That's NT's big problem, it almost comes off like they wish they were making movies instead of games.

Aiddon said:
Ultr said:

The plot was...okay, but I can't say it was anything special. If anything that just made the game feel more pretentious because it was obvious that NT THOUGHT this was some kind of ground-breaking, epic plot when in fact it was merely good with some good acting from Andy Serkis. That's NT's big problem, it almost comes off like they wish they were making movies instead of games.

Well OFC they will hype up HS its the fruit of their hard labour they want to belive in their work heck any developers would say positive things about their game. Its much like how moms always tell their kids  they look "handsome"/"pretty" even tho thats not really the case....XD

Around the Network
XxXProphecyXxX said:

Well OFC they will hype up HS its the fruit of their hard labour they want to belive in their work heck any developers would say positive things about their game. Its much like how moms always tell their kids  they look "handsome"/"pretty" even tho thats not really the case....XD

There's a difference between outlining the positives of something and then just claiming it's the second coming of Buddha. NT never shut up about how great their plots are despite the fact that A) HS and Enslaved were NOT written by anyone in the company and B) Said stories are at best above-average fair that is almost immediately forgotten and for good reason. NT is one of the most pretentious, unproven developers in the biz and some of their ARROGANT comments just drive me up the wall

Dr.Grass said:

Was it cool?

Its far better than most give it credit for.  Its a good story with good gameplay.  One of the more beautiful games made from the early stages of this gen.  Also did a good job using the sixaxis controls as well,  one of the few games that did a good job.  All in all its worth at the very least a rent although you could probably pick it up cheap now.  If you like hack-n-slash games that is.

Vetteman94 said:
Dr.Grass said:

Was it cool?

Its far better than most give it credit for.  Its a good story with good gameplay.  One of the more beautiful games made from the early stages of this gen.  Also did a good job using the sixaxis controls as well,  one of the few games that did a good job.  All in all its worth at the very least a rent although you could probably pick it up cheap now.  If you like hack-n-slash games that is.

Nah, I'll skip it. There are waaaay too many awesome games this year anyway.

Dr.Grass said:
Vetteman94 said:
Dr.Grass said:

Was it cool?

Well its your loss I guess,  Now would be the perfect time for a single player game considering there is no online

Vetteman94 said:
Dr.Grass said:
Vetteman94 said:
Dr.Grass said:

Was it cool?

Well its your loss I guess,  Now would be the perfect time for a single player game considering there is no online

Games I have yet to play/finish that rank above Heavenly Sword:

Mass Effect 2 (started on Xbox, didn't get far at all)

Read Dead Redemption (I played it quite a bit when I still had my Xbox, but definitely not halfway)

Final Fantasy 13 (at least 10 hours left)

Demon's Souls (15 hours left)

God of War Collection (GoW 2) 

Gran Turismo 5

Batman Arkhum Asylum (this on is a tragedy)

etc.

You get the point?