By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - NEW! Epic inFAMOUS 2 Gameplay/Interview video!

Wow....wowowowow

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Slimebeast said:

Damn spoilers. I'm far from half way through of the first game.

So far I am disappointed with Infamous. It looked much better in the videos and everyone promised it would be a superb game. The missions are so banal, the story and presentation is stupid and there's a ton of other things I don't like. It's not much better than Crackdown. I like to play with electricity though.

Dont ever compare InFamous with Crackdown. Crackdown is a half-assed GTA with zombies. InFamous is a superhero game with multiple powers and a variety of amazingly created bosses. Crackdown is a sandbox shoot em up which actually isn't even as good as GTA as well.

Well for me Infamous is a half-assed Assassin's Creed with electricity. And I mean the first Assassin's Creed (which is a very good game though).

I'm half through the 2nd island and so far the game has been a pain to play and not much fun at all.

The core gameplay mechanic is solid with the vertical movement controls and the electricity attacks. But the rest. The story and setting is, well it's just plain bad. It doesn't engage me the least and the presentation is cheap (the comics of say Dante's Inferno, that's how you do comic type cut-scenes). And the missions are even more repetitive than Assassin's Creed 1. Kill, fetch or race in its simplest form.

Enemy variation is horrible. I am so sick of reapers and their counterpart on the 2nd island. And I absolutely hate the game's "dungeons", those awful ugly sewers where you have to jump a frustrating repetitive course just to put the power on for every city block.

And finally even the graphics are poor.

-You don't have to do all of the side missions, pick the ones that appeal to you.

-Finish the second island before saying that the story is bad. Either way, what don't you like about the story?

-The comic scenes are there for the comic book nerds. I thought they look awesome. The splatter fit the style of the city really well, but thats opinionated.

-I agree that there is no enemy variety

-Those aren't dungeouns. They are parts in the game where you go "horray new power =D"

-It came out in 2009 and its an open world game. So the graphics are poor for what we are used to now. But back then, they were pretty good considering all of the special effects happening and all of Cole's animation.

radiantshadow92 said:
Slimebeast said:

Well for me Infamous is a half-assed Assassin's Creed with electricity. And I mean the first Assassin's Creed (which is a very good game though).

I'm half through the 2nd island and so far the game has been a pain to play and not much fun at all.

The core gameplay mechanic is solid with the vertical movement controls and the electricity attacks. But the rest. The story and setting is, well it's just plain bad. It doesn't engage me the least and the presentation is cheap (the comics of say Dante's Inferno, that's how you do comic type cut-scenes). And the missions are even more repetitive than Assassin's Creed 1. Kill, fetch or race in its simplest form.

Enemy variation is horrible. I am so sick of reapers and their counterpart on the 2nd island. And I absolutely hate the game's "dungeons", those awful ugly sewers where you have to jump a frustrating repetitive course just to put the power on for every city block.

And finally even the graphics are poor.

-You don't have to do all of the side missions, pick the ones that appeal to you.

-Finish the second island before saying that the story is bad. Either way, what don't you like about the story?

-The comic scenes are there for the comic book nerds. I thought they look awesome. The splatter fit the style of the city really well, but thats opinionated.

-I agree that there is no enemy variety

-Those aren't dungeouns. They are parts in the game where you go "horray new power =D"

-It came out in 2009 and its an open world game. So the graphics are poor for what we are used to now. But back then, they were pretty good considering all of the special effects happening and all of Cole's animation.

I still play Infamous 1 from time to time, wich I cannot say from any assassins creed games... brotherhood 10min...never looked back...

and the Dungeons in Infamous 1 were my favourite parts!!!! hope they have similiar thing in InFamous 2!

Despite the first game being imperfect (as Slimebeast summarized), I'm excited for this game because it seems like it's going to keep and improve the core gameplay mechanics, while really upping the supporting features (graphics, animation, story (?), etc).