By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor – Call of Duty Online announcement coming soon

VG247

We’ve heard there is a Call of Duty announcement planned for this evening. We’ve heard it’s happening at a press event in New York. RPS has heard something as well

According to the site’s sources, Activision is preparing to make a major announcement regarding Call Of Duty Online at the event we heard about this evening.

It is to be the “online solution” Activision has been chatting about since its last financial call to investors, and it might involve the new online content from Beachhead Studios mentioned by the firm during the call as well.

Supposedly, according to RPS’s sources, it could be a Acti’s bid to go up against EA’s Battlefield Play4Free.

We’ve got our ears to the ground. If anything comes out we will let you know.

Around the Network

I bet it's paid subscriptions on PSN! Since supposedly they are already making some off of XBL 

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

dsister said:

I bet it's paid subscriptions on PSN! Since supposedly they are already making some off of XBL 

Wouldn't that be something.

yo_john117 said:
dsister said:

Though, announcing it now probably wouldn't be the best timing... 

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

dsister said:
yo_john117 said:
dsister said:

Though, announcing it now probably wouldn't be the best timing... 

Haha yeah that wouldn't go over too well.

Around the Network

Activsion offer "Free" stuff, lol 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

Battlefield 3 wont sell 1/4 of Modern Warfare 3. However if they did start charging a montly fee Battlefield 3 would have a great shot at selling 1/2 of Modern Warfare 3.

scabab07 said:

Battlefield 3 wont sell 1/4 of Modern Warfare 3. However if they did start charging a montly fee Battlefield 3 would have a great shot at selling 1/2 of Modern Warfare 3.

Yes it will. BF3 will sell 10 mill on consoles alone. And with PC sales included it will easily reach ½ of MW3's total sales.

Battlefield will be the new breakout game in 2011 and join the exclusive club of 10 million copies per game mammoth franchises. You read it here first.

Slimebeast said:
scabab07 said:

Yes it will. BF3 will sell 10 mill on consoles alone. And with PC sales included it will easily reach ½ of MW3's total sales.

Battlefield will be the new breakout game in 2011 and join the exclusive club of 10 million copies per game mammoth franchises. You read it here first.

Black Ops has sold 25 million copies across all platforms. Modern Warfare 3 will sell more, in the end it could sell 30 million copies.

Bad Company 2 hasnt even sold 6 million according to this site. Battlefield 3 will sell more but it has no chance at 10 million on consoles alone.