By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Suggest me a GC or Wii game

*~Onna76~* said:
Fire Emblem is a "strategy" game, a pretty linear one as well. Not every RPG fan loves Strategy games

Actually, it's a RPG Strategy game.

Around the Network

Further More I don't see the difference between it and Baldur's Gate 1 or Ice Wind Dale.
Or Final Fantasy for that matter. So I just say RPG.

Erm Baldur's Gate is an "action RPG". Final Fantasy has Turn Based, Action Time Battle and Real Time / Turn Based games and not "everyone" is fond of each Final Fantasy game, based on the battle system. Now don't call it a difference, but to me an Action RPG game which is basically a hack n slash game or a Strategy game, which means a lot of puzzle to complete 1 battle (strategies are always based on 1 entire battle scene) I call that a "huge" difference.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Super Mario Galaxy or The Wind Waker :)

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

@Soriku, you should definitely buy SoAL, it's a brilliant game. Graphics are not really good, but the story and characters are very cool. Attack system is also really nice.
Not as good as ToS but I'd say the 2nd best RPG on Cube.
Also Fire Emblem, being a strategy RPG, is amust have.

(And, sorry have to say it again, try RE 1, it's not a shooter)

Around the Network

Well you could get RE4 or REUC for wii they are real fun games. I haven't played Fire Emblem but will buy them soon they look really interesting.

Think twice before helping a friend in need.

TalonMan said:
It's been said a number of times in this thread already, but my vote is also with Eternal Darkness. If you own a GCN and haven't played this game, you ought to be ashamed of yourself... :(

Here, Here!

Or is it

Hear! Hear!

i don't know but I know you get my point.

WORD- UP HOMIE!

Soriku, u don't like shooters?... Still get Killer 7 and Eternal Darkness...

And even if u don't like shooters, get Timesplitters 2 and Future Perfect.

But if you really, REALLY hate shooters:

Pikmin.

Mario Kart: DD.

Beyond Good and Evil (Zelda like but totally different setting(s)... Really good game)

THE NETHERLANDS

*~Onna76~* said:
Erm Baldur's Gate is an "action RPG". Final Fantasy has Turn Based, Action Time Battle and Real Time / Turn Based games and not "everyone" is fond of each Final Fantasy game, based on the battle system. Now don't call it a difference, but to me an Action RPG game which is basically a hack n slash game or a Strategy game, which means a lot of puzzle to complete 1 battle (strategies are always based on 1 entire battle scene) I call that a "huge" difference.

Not trying to wreck this thread but-

I know what you are saying and I know other people say that sort of things too. Oh, and I think the Baldur's Gate you are talking about are the ones on the game systems while I am talking about the original PC games which are based off the D&D Role Playing game rules. In the PC game most of the battles took just as much prep -work as anything in Fire Emblem. Plus Fire Emblem is more about each of the characters than a strategy game that just sends out unnamed, uncustomizable units at your command. In Fire Emblem every character had a story. Plus the fact that Death meant Death in the game knocked out a lot of the linear nature of the story. Also the fact that in every battle you'll find acouple of ways to solve an obstacle so that too kills off the linear story line. Sometime just choosing which characters you want to nuture change the game a lot. Plus not having certain characters can block your path to obtaining other characters. So to me its just a RPG.

But if you want to debate some more we should get our own Thread and spare these poor people.

Oooops.