By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Soccer: if a red card doesn't work, try a gun

source

Referee pulls out red card, then a gun

From correspondents in Kuala Lumpur

December 25, 2007 06:44pm 

A MALAYSIAN referee took out his gun and fired warning shots in the air after a local soccer match turned unruly following the suspension of a player, according to a local newspaper report.

The referee, who was also a policeman, ran to his patrol car to get his gun after players mobbed him for showing the red-card to one of them, the New Straits Times said.

"We are investigating as to whether the policeman was justified in taking out his firearm and discharging it, and also why he had it with him during the match," it quoted Hussin Ismail, police chief in the southern Johor state, as saying.

The policemen was taken into custody for suspected misuse of firearms.

Five players, aged between 23 and 40, were also being held for questioning and could be charged for rioting, the paper said.

Around the Network

LOL

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

LOL KL is a crazy place sometimes.
I wonder if that would work in the premiership though

'You should try everything once in your life except incest, homosexuality and morris dancing' - Oscar Wylde (sort of)

Soccer, or football, fans and players are insane. I don't think there is any comparison in other sports to the way they act.

um, I'm totally on teh cop's side from this:

Why did he have the gun? It was in his patrol car. HE'S A COP.

What was his reasoning for firing his gun? THERE WAS A RIOT BREAKING OUT.

Was this reasonable? AS A REFEREE, PROBABLY NOT COMPLETELY. AS A COP, ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Around the Network

Galaki - I hereby name you the official VGChartz random strange news telling person

I'm banned from the lamb (Tamworth FC's ground) for spitting on the fourth official and called him a "cheesy wanker", all over a wrong offside decision made by the linesman.

That was a low point for me and my football fan life

yeah its FOOTBALL not fucking soccer

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!

americans play something you could call american rugby
but they call it american football
but it isn't like football
it's a twisted rugby game

football you play with your foot
rugby and american 'football' you play by throwing the ball to each other and running with it, you kick the ball sporadicly..

''Hadouken!''

@highwaystar101 -how old were you when that happened? XD

Quality for Life