By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War III Weekly Sales Tracker (Update - August 7th)

Tagged games:

It's definitely undertracked in EMEAA. I fail to believe it sold ZERO units there a few weeks ago.

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
It's definitely undertracked in EMEAA. I fail to believe it sold ZERO units there a few weeks ago.

Nah, thats just me. I forgot to update the chart that week for EMEAA. The next week has 2 weeks worth EMEAA sales. Sorry.

still great sales and with some time 5m.

well done

It's so awesome that this game has sold over 4 million!

A203D said:
JustThatGamer said:
A203D said:
JustThatGamer said:
God of War III will definitely reach 5million; the real question is when will it and how much over 5m will it sell. According to Vgchartz (I'm convinced it's undertracked in EMEAA) it's now at 3,937,567 (Including trilogy edition sales) and that's with just one holidays sales boost. It only has to do another 1,062,433 to reach 5m; I predict it'll hit 5m sometime between Q4 2013 - Q1 2014. Perhaps a little sooner now that GOW: Origins collection has been confirmed for release this year which will bolster GOW3 sales a bit, especially if Sony bundle GOW3 and GOW origins collection with the PS3.

I dont count the trillogy bundle in that, but then i think it will get to about 4.5 mil. 5 mil just dosent seem possible unless we know if it is undertracked in EMMEA.

I really don't care if you personally don't include the sales from the trilogy edition bundle, I do. The trilogy edition includes the same copy of GOW 3 that everyone else got, so obviously its sales should contribute to GOW 3's total sales. Also, are you joking about 4.5m lifetime sales? It's practically at 4m now after just over a year at retail and has only had one holidays boost, also It's still selling over 10,000 a week. It'll probably reach or at least come very close to 4.5m by the end of this year and then it will continue selling to reach 5m+ lifetime. I've noticed you criticising GOW 3 a few times on this site before, I don't know what your problem with GOW 3 is and to be honest I don't care, you can have whatever nonsense opinions you want about the game but keep them opinions to yourself rather than troll on the internet just to anger fans of GOW 3 like myself, and don't try and downplay GOW 3's massive success.

I admit i dont think GOW3 was as good as it couldve been. mainly due to the departure of David Jaffe from the series. the other 4 GOW games are phenominal games and for me GOW3 didnt capture that.

i'm not exactly sure what your trying to say, but GOW3 is already the best selling action game in this genre. i havent "downplayed" its success by giving the opinon i think it will reach about 4.5 mil. i dont see it reaching 5 mil, because we dont know if its undertracked and Europe anit pulling in the numbers.

if you include sales from the trilogy version it means you must also include sales from God of War Collection - meaning GOW1 is the best selling game in the series. so you yourself have downplayed its success. think before you harass me next time!!

oh and if you dont care, dont bother harassing me either! "keep your opinions to yourself" as you put it!

So you don't count any limited edition sale into the main sale of a product? That kinda doesn't make sense... It's not as if they bundle it into the same disk (like GOW Collection) or something, it's basically 2 game being sold together with a few bonus goodies.

Around the Network

i'm happy with these sales,it's good to see that gow's fanbase has remained so strong over the years.