By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Red Steel 2 confirmed

My only request is that they don't make it so you have to beat the first game to understand what is going on.

Around the Network
Joemanji said:

Quake4>Quake3>Quake2>Quake1

Sorry, but I take offense to that. Quake 3 is still better than Quake 4, IMO.

The BuShA owns all!

MrPickles said:
My only request is that they don't make it so you have to beat the first game to understand what is going on.

That's not hard to pull off, they can always add a short intro movie of what happened in the last game with flashbacks leading up to the new story if it will be a direct sequel. If it's a different story line it's not even a concern.

@Vertigo-X: Oops wrong example! I never played Quake 4. I'll edit my post. But you get the point. Unlike movies sequels in videogames tend to get better. They just take a working formula and improve on the flaws. But after a while a franchise can get stale and then they try to reinvent it to make it successfull again. When a franchise gets stale, they should just abandon it *cough Bomberman, cough Sonic 3d platformers cough*.

The original mostly sold well due to launch fever and "swords+guns on the wiimote zomg!!1". The flaws of the game weren't that bad for a launch game, so the sequel might be good. Let's just hope they learn from the better rated Wii FPS games.

Around the Network

sweeet

I didn't mind Red Steel - but after getting my larger TV, its now uncontrollable (unfortuantely). I was enjoying most of the game, but you do have to put up with the "launch-window" controls - which do sort of suck (esp. post Metroid).

If the fixed the controls, and the frame rate (the game was gorgeous in parts - it just slowed down too much!) - it would be awesome. But online, thats what I want to see more of!

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

I can't wait. Actually, I could wait a few years, but after that, I might start to not be able to wait. Maybe.

After seeing Red Steel publicly come out as the very first game for Wii, I think everyone wanted it to be amazing, even on Goldeneye levels - I know I was with that crowd.

I think Ubisoft realised the potential for Red Steel to be amazing but were crippled greatly by the ill-effects of developing for a console's launch. I've always said that if there were to be a Red Steel sequel it would probably be a substantial improvement over the original and have a much better shot aiming for the greatness that the first fell short of.

Red Steel 2 'hopefully' should be brilliant, and deliver in all the areas the first just missed.

I think it's Ubisoft's chance to shine and show the world they're not turning into the next EA, they've proven they can do well commercially on the Wii, now it's time for them to put the effort in thats renowned from some of their best games!