By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Soudns like a router problem. Wireless Router: 1. Make sure you are using a "broadband" internet connection, such as high speed cable or DSL. Slower connection types, such as dial-up, may not work properly with the Wii console. If you are unsure what type of connection you have, please contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) for more information. 2. Try adjusting the "Channel" your wireless router broadcasts on. We highly recommend setting your wireless router to either channel 1 or 11. Be sure to try both channels if the first one you try does not work. This can potentially increase the download speed. For information on accessing your router's settings, click here to select the brand name and model number of your router (if available). (The "Channel" setting is typically found in the "Wireless" section of your router's setup utility.) 3. Make sure that any other interfering devices, such as microwaves and cordless phones, are turned off. Wirless keyboards and mice may also cause interference. 4. If this error occurs regularly, it is may be a connection problem related to the firewall settings of your wireless router. It may be necessary to disable wireless security on the router. For information on accessing your router's settings, click here to select the brand name and model number of your router (if available). For detailed information on where to locate your router's firewall settings, please consult the owner's manual for your router, or contact the router 's manufacturer. (More about firewalls) 5. Are you using a Netgear brand wireless router? Our expeirence shows disabling the "SPI Firewall" of the router may help the connection. The "SPI Firewall" option is typically found under the "WAN Setup" tab of the router's settings. Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector 1. Make sure you are using a "broadband" internet connection, such as high speed cable or DSL. Slower connection types, such as dial-up, may not work properly with the Wii console. If you are unsure what type of connection you have, please contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) for more information. 2. Does your PC have any security programs (firewall, anti-virus, anti-spyware, anti-adware, etc.) installed? If you are using the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector, and have a software firewall or other computer security program installed on your computer, there may be additional steps you must complete to allow a successful connection. "Trusted" Applications: If your firewall or PC security program keeps a list of trusted applications (also known as a "trusted zone"), the following programs are installed with the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector, and require internet communications. If prompted by your firewall or PC security program, add these to the list of trusted applications. This information may also apply to certain computer security applications, such as anti-virus, anti-spyware, etc.: o Nintendo Wi-Fi Connector USB (NintendoWFCReg.exe) o Setup.exe (when installing the USB Connector) o SoftAPInstDrv.bin o mdriver.exe 3. If you are using a router, you may need to temporarily disable the router's firewall to allow the Wii console to connect online and receive a system update. Once the update is received, you can turn the firewall back on. For information on locating and disabling your router's firewall, please consult the router's manual or contact the manufacturer of the router. From:

http://www.wiierrorcodes.com/wii-error-209600-209601.php Hope that helps.

Around the Network

Sorry, I wrote the code wrong. Its 209800 not 209600.

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"

Any more Ideas?

Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"

It's your router JoeyKanga. I have this problem very often with my setup. A perpetual pain.

Check your IP settings on all things on your network. If they share the same IP address they will conflict & there won't be a connection. I had to teach myself to be a network troubleshooter dealing with this setup. Against my will of course. I hate when I have to go into configuration mode with technology.

Then again it could be your Internet Provider. Their system may be down. Christmas traffic may be ovewhelming their servers. If they have call-in support service, call them & have them walk through it with you.

Wireless routers can be problemsome. All they really are are rabbit ears except they go far into outer space for the signals this time. In some ways it's almost going backwards. Like broadcast TV antennas instead of landline cable.

Give more details about your setup & maybe we can help you figure it out.

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

Here you go:

Try adjusting the "Channel" your wireless router broadcasts on. We highly recommend setting your wireless router to either channel 1 or 11. This can potentially increase the download speed. For information on accessing your router's settings, click here to select the brand name and model number of your router (if available).

Check your router's broadcast settings to find out if it is set to "G", "B", or "Mixed." Mixed typically works best, but try all three to see if it improves the network connection to the Wii console.

Make sure that any other interfering devices, such as microwaves and cordless phones, are turned off. Wireless keyboards and mice may also cause interference.

If you are still receiving this error code, please click here for assistance.

(From Nintendo.com)

Around the Network

May, I say some thing.
Thanks for the help. But, The problem isn't with the router because the Check Mii out and Everybody Votes Channels all work. Its just the Shop Channel that doesn't work. EDIT: The PS3 is also using the wireless router and is working fine.

i get this too.. it started immediately after the system update from the mario galaxy disk...

never had any problems before... im hoping its just xmas traffic

^^
Hopefully its the Xmas Traffic

BTW Welcome to VGChartz

People it's not a router problem. I've been trying to buy games on the shop channel all day, it's most like Xmas traffic killing it.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

I still can't enter the store!